Used 2006 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Do not purchase. Transmission issues that Nissan ignores
By wyogal1890

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van used with 52,465 miles. From the first month we have had problems. First bad seals and now transmission issues. It doesn't happen all of the time, but I put the van in drive, push the accelerator and nothing happens. The RPMs go up, but the van won't go forward. I have had to have my van towed to the dealership twice, and of course it works fine when it gets there. After a Google search it appears I am not the only person having this issue. I think it is time for Nissan to step up and fix this issue. This is our main family vehicle and it is not reliable.

* is roomy * good air conditioning * DVD player * comfortable

Admit and fix the transmission issues Body is a bit loose. * middle passenger sear rattles * wind blows through sliding door seals

do not buy
By kit54

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2006 Nissan Quest in Jan. 2007 because Hawaii passed a law that children under the age of 8 and weight of less than 80# has to be in a child seat. Because I had a small car and could only put 2 of my 6 grandchildren and nephew and niece in the car at one time I had to get a bigger car. So I picked up the Quest. The side door glide covers fell off while driving and damaged the car. The passenger front seat door was making a whistling sound like the window wasn't close properly. found out the decorative panel was loose. the lights kept falling off the ceiling, the driver's visor kept falling down and dangling in front of the driver. the AC vents fall of the ceiling. Junk car!

nothing!

spend more money and make the car better inside and out

NEVER AGAIN.
By hasman69

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

From what I have been reading, I have been lucky cause I havent had this many problems but all in all if I had to do it again, I wouldnt. Bought it new in July of 2006, I wanted the Honda but wifey liked the Nissan and since its primarily her car I went with it, mistake right there. I do admit I like the roominess of it but thats where it stops. We have only had 49000 miles on it in 6 1/2 years but so far nothing major but its the little things. First of all, its not very quiet, its made cheap from the inside, yes our vents fall off too. The rear sliding door started making noise while driving and dealer kept lubricating but nothing.

Roomy. That is the only good thing I can say. Stuff I dont like, Seats arent comfy, interior is cheap, too much engine noise, dvd player under passenger seat, turning radius (hard to park in tight spots), cant find replacement tires other than the oem ones cause the size was custom made for Quest.

Use better material.

Runs good but cheap quality interior
By daylight123

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van brand new in 2006. The tires that came with it needed replacing after one year. The driver and passendger sun visors keep breaking off. We have replaced them 3 times over the years. The interior light fixtures and air vents fall out regularly. Cup holders broke off. Seat folding handle is broken. C/D player broke after the 2nd year. The bearings needed to be replaced at around 75,000 miles. Right now at 94,000 miles the a/c is not working and the catalytic converter needs to be replaced. Also, the dashboard indicator lights are not reliable. Have recently replaced the alternator - $500.

Although the interior cosmetic stuff is cheap, the van runs reliably. We are in Texas and we do some serious long distance driving. It's nice to have the roomy comfort this van has provided. We have 3 kids and they each have their own roomy space on long trips.

Better quality parts would be a great improvement. I've never owned a car with so many pieces breaking off as this van.

Pretty Good vehicle
By quest888

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Quest brand new in january 2006 and I take good care of it, always have. It has paid me back well since I have never had any engine problems and it's going on 128,000 miles now. this van has taken me and my family everywhere. the only thing i have replaced is the engine mounts, one catalytic converter and lower control arms all after hitting the 5 year mark. it was expensive to replace these but considering the amount of driving i've done on it i didn't feel too bad and chalked it up to wear and tear. as far as the engine goes, no problemo! still running smooth like new! just take care of it and do not neglect regular maintenance services and this van will keep running well......

roomy interior and powerful V6 engine. automatic sliding doors and trunk door makes it convenient.

the a/c ceiling vent cover in the back keeps falling every so often. it's not hard to put back but shouldn't be happening if it was built and made from good quality parts.