Sports Car Ride in a Minivan
By Richard Stair on
2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I test drove all four comparible models and then chose the Nissan Quest. I liked its sporty exterior styling, the tight sporty drive (I drove a Maxima right before it), the comfort and room. I thought I might find the placement of the gauges a little strange, but actually found that their placement gives you more road visability both day and night. the comfortable ride for passengers was also a plus. While the rear seat fold up is a little heavy, its not unmanageable. I also noticed that it is the quietest ride of the four. Amazingly, the Honda was the noisiest and the least fun to drive. The plastic parts listed as cons by Edmunds are not really a negative. they are easy to maintain and are very "wearable".
Favorite Features
Style, and "sporty" driveability are my favorite features. Next surprizingly (to me) is the placement of the gauges. The maintenance readouts are very important, they even give you daily tire pressures; AMAZING! The radar in the rear bumper tells you when you are approaching an object; OR PERSON!
Suggested Improvements
Maybe to have both side doors electronically controlled