2005 Nissan Quest Consumer Review: OHMomof5

2005 Nissan Quest - Consumer Review

OHMomof5
By jod5 on

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2005 Quest SE fully loaded 10/05/04 having traded my 2001 BMW 325i. Almost nine years later, the van has safely taken my family 101,100 miles and counting. I have travelled across the USA and Canada, typically alone with four of my daughters. I’ve only had two upsetting issues. First, I had a ground fault issue around 40,000 miles that delayed a trip home for a couple hours. Then recently, the alternator failed 375 miles from home and involved almost 100 miles of towing and a rather costly repair bill. However, alternators do fail and the ground fault, although inconvenient, was minor. This van remains exceptional.

Favorite Features

The van is vast, very comfortable on long trips, has excellent acceleration and handles like a much smaller vehicle. The navigation system is wonderful especially when Nissan finally “found” Canada east of Quebec City. Dual screen DVD's have always been a favorite of my daughters as are the overhead windows. Mileage has averaged 19mpg mixed and 22mpg on the highway even after almost nine years.

Suggested Improvements

No way to improve upon something no longer built. Due to almost grown family, we will likely be trading van for 2013 Infinity JX35 that will accommodate our current fluctuating needs.