Family enjoying 2005 SL
By Pat on
2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
We'll soon add a new baby seat to the 2 infant seats we have in my wife's Passat, so had to move Minivan. My wife did not like having to give up here sportiness and power, but have found a worthy replacment in the Quest. Compared it to the Mazda MVP, which is also sporty, but was smaller and would not "grow" as well with the kids. Only hit 500 miles so far, but love it. Was worried about getting used to the center consol concept, but it did not take long to adjust. Too early to say for sure about reliablity, but looking good so far, and no obvious build problems.
Favorite Features
Skyview is what first caught our eye. It also drives quite sporty for a minivan. Originally thought the power doors were not needed, but like them a lot. Exterior styling stands out from the rest of the minivan crowd. Adjustable pedals make it easier to adjust between me and my wife driving.
Suggested Improvements
My wife complains the lumbar support in the passenger seat is not confortable. Would like to have the "coversation mirror" like the Odessey to keep a view on the kids in back. Position of CD insert is hard to see for driver, but I don't usually change while driving.