2005 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
very happy camper
By wayne on 07/16/05 19:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchaced in NC. Drove it back to Ny in the Hurricane. It handled every watery twist , turn, & sudden stop. The van was fully loaded with household items. Not top heavy as many vans are. Handled sudden lane changes and exits well. The adjustable brake pedal is great.The heated seat was a blessing for my bad back.I still have my 1987 Maxima Wagon, it has 226,000. miles. still looks and runs well. I hope to have the van for as long.

Nice 05 quest
By DallasTexan1 on 07/11/05 01:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this SE Quest for 2 months now for a price well below Edmunds TMV price. I bought it at Trophy Nissan in Mesquite Texas for 32200 +TTL. So far, this vehicle performs nicely. Power is definitely better than Toyota Sienna, but is about the same par with Honda Odysee. The exterior and interior are truly stand out. Mine has a sunroof and 4 fixed glass roof for the 2nd and 3rd row seats. There are 2 video screens, lots of reading lights, cup holders, overhead storage. Back seats are very comfortable that you feel like sitting in a 1st class row in airplane. Interior space is huge, you will be able to walk up and down the rows without walking outside.

Mom's greatest fantasy!
By IluvmyQuest! on 07/10/05 11:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am a 25 year old mom of two and am in the car a lot! When I saw the Quest, I thought it was so cool looking and sporty. My husband wanted an SUV, but the second row in all the SUV's with a third row were tiny in comparison to the van. I was looking for major interior space, and I found it! I can put a wagon or my daughters bike in the back without folding any seats down! I have had my van for 3 months and am loving it! The power doors and lift gate are awesome. I also love the DVD player. My husband was suprised at how fast it accelerates and it is really fun to drive. I can beat teenagers off the line in it! I was looking for a cool family hauler and I found it! I love my Quest!

Under-rated by Automotive "Journalists"
By Garandman on 07/09/05 15:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We now have over 10,000 miles on an 05 Quest SE used as a company car. We found most auto writer reviews just plain wrong. Side doors and back are bigger than competitors. Ride, handling, and feeling of safety in bad weather is very impressive. The 3.5L engine is great, and we have logged several tanks of fuel over 26mpg - the EPA highway figure! average over first 6,000 miles including break-in and Winter driving was 22.8. A/C works very effectively. Contrary to reviews, second row seats do fold down with headrests in place. The mid-level sound system is good. Four different drivers operate this vehicle regularly and report that the center-mounted speedo takes 15 minutes to get used to.

Total junk
By rfw on 07/05/05 22:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Traded this thing off after less than 2 years. I'll summarize: Airbag recall (took 2 trips and still didn't operate correctly); burned-out tailight; interior map lights and overhead A/C vents constantly fall out; high-speed shimmy that can't be fixed; rear & side doors squeak and rattle; window motor burned out; oxygen sensor went out; A/C won't shut off sometimes; DVD player went out, and the final straw: the transmission hung in 2nd gear until I restarted it. Run away, if you even get close to one.

A Awesome Ride
By shane on 07/05/05 12:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I Just bought our Quest. We love the space for everyone. The sporty look and the cockpit area is great. Everything is right at your fingers, and easy to reach. We are getting great gas mil. with the first tank of gas already, and you can not beat the power of the engine. My wife has joked about sleeping in the van. She is one happy lady and so are my three kids.

Very Impressed Customer
By Andrea Murphy on 06/20/05 12:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our family is very happy with the purchase of our Quest. There is tons of room for our family and friends. The reliability of this van is A+. We never have to worry about going on long trips and having our vehicle break down as we have had in the past. Smooth ride, and plenty of entertainment for our children. Also, exceptional service at our dealer. Everyone that has rode in our van is very impressed. I am approached almost everyday by complete strangers about my van, on how impressive it looks. We are overall, extremely happy with our purchase of the Nissan Quest, and would highly recommend this vehicle or any other Nissan product.

A Break From the Norm
By Wm on 06/08/05 16:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a GREAT vehicle in contrast to the Honda/Toyota. Quality, quiet ride. Experts/critics who 'knock' center console just haven't gotten use to it. It is awesome to get into something that is 'truly' different.

After one year
By David M Johnston on 06/04/05 17:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A good looking, good driving van. It draws compliments wherever it goes. Fit and finish is good in and out but interior materials seem cheap to me. A vehicle that sells for over 30k shouldn't have to use a prop rod to hold the hood open, Air conditioner works well but fan is noisy. Heater is barely up to the task.

Great Minivan for the price
By Mastro calo on 05/22/05 15:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am very happy day by day to have mi new Nissan Quest 3.5S 2005, runs like a car, comfort inside,(seats, view, space, quietness) is excelent, for 23,500 plus taxes and Dealer charges($ 25,450 Total)is excelent. The radio-CD works great..good in gas 19mpg combine, with Regular gasoline. Ride is excellent..I love it!! Thanks Nissan.