2005 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Last Quest
By joe siudock on 08/28/05 01:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a 2005 Quest 3.5, last November. Drove it out of the lot and little radles started. Both side doors made numerous little sounds that would come and go. The seats were very comfortable on long trips over 1000 miles. Had to stop every 100 miles. Never buy cloth seats again. Just not up to Nissan quality. When I traded it in there were now sounds coming from the front doors. The dash in the middle needs to be larger and bigger button for the radio. Like the shifter up high really good taste.Great exterior with the modern front end. Need Altima back lights. Interior lighting was great. Drove like a full size car. My 17 year old daughter loved it when she went out with friends

This van is great!
By Brad on 08/27/05 22:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our 03' Honda Oddy for the Quest SL. The Nissan blows the Honda away. It is much nicer to drive and offers much more for the money. We liked our Honda, BUT WE LOVE OUR NISSAN!!!

Best Mini-Van by Far
By dlsturdevant on 08/23/05 22:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We liked everything about this rig better than the competitors. We haven't been disapointed one bit. My wife loves the admiring looks we get from other mini-van owners and the incredible responsiveness of the engine. This thing drives like a sports car.

So far pretty good but some disappointme
By Momof3sons on 08/16/05 10:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We shopped around for a while before deciding on the Quest. Overall, the price, appearance, and interior room sold us. Really impressed how roomy it feels inside with all five of us in there -- but we were disappointed with some of the interior parts that either fell out or broke within a day of getting it. AC vent on celing fell right out onto my son's head without even touching it, and a button under the steering wheel jammed in and can't be retracted. Hate to have to go to the dealer for that. I think they could have given a little better quality to the inside and a split bench in the back would have been great. Otherwise, for the money, good deal.

Only 1000 miles so far, but:
By gixxerjim on 08/15/05 23:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van is by far the most fun to drive van available. Test drive consisted of a twisty stretch of two lane I regularly hit on my GSXR. This van handles wonderfully, has good power and is comfortable for the entire family, even the rearmost seat.

MINIVAN IN STYLE
By DAVID PANG on 08/15/05 10:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I don't agree that the consumer report rated right on acceleration for the Quest. The acceleration should be Excellent instead of Good. We did test drive on 2005 Honda Odyssey EX and 2005 Toyota Sienna LE together with 2005 Quest. The Quest excels on acceleration, overpass and uphill climb with high speed driving on highway. The Quest kept up its pace without acting as if it was being flogged like Odyssey and Sienna. We like the Quest smooth ride on the high speed over 75 miles/h. Other facts made us the purchase of Quest 3.5, are the bold Style, powered sliding door/gate, and the value over the price.

Not So Good
By Dean Jones on 08/11/05 19:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The transmission was replaced at 10,000 miles. At 17,000 miles the seal on the new transmission had to be replaced. Yesterday I was driving and the transmission would not shift out of second gear. Yes the overdrive was off and the transmission was not in low. That's the same thing it did before the first transmission was replaced. The rear sliding passanger door rattles. It has been repaired three times. The back of the drivers seat fell off. And the A/C works poorly. I'm hoping to lemon law this thing.

Quest, anything but a "minivan"
By Frizzell on 08/03/05 14:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

As a 28 year old mother of 3, I give the Nissan Quest a 10+! Not only is it fun to drive, but it also quite sporty. I always swore that I'd never be a "Minivan Mom" but the Quest is anything but a "minivan". I'm a young mother and I want my minivan to reflect that. Thank you Nissan!

Excellent decision
By Faye on 07/29/05 21:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but a postive experience with my 2005 Quest. It came with all the bells and whitles for less than lesser equipped Siennas and Odysseys. It has the style of a SUV with the convenice of a minivan.

Just bought one
By Victor on 07/25/05 12:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We just got a Quest and love it. Much larger inside than expected, with tons of storage space. The wife loves the sotrage hooks. Drives very smooth over all terrain so far. Power rear door and side slider VERY useful when raining and a shopping trip to Walmart with the family. The 4 speed auto tranny kicks down sometimes when I don't want it to for extra oomph. Also, please measure your garage if you plan on putting it in there. Our Quest barely fits in there, but at least it fits.