Used 2005 Nissan Quest Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Wish I did not buy it
By Noel

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new car thinking that that was the smart thing to do. I am so upset about my Quest. At 30,000 I took it into Nissan for the yearly VA inspection. They told me that I neede new breaks and that they were schocked how many miles I had on the car because most of the vans needed then at 20,000. I also needed new tires at 35,000 the van is too heavy of a car for the type that came with the van! That they did not have a milage garentee. I will never buy a NIsann again!!!!

3 years
By jb

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After three years and 46,000 miles the van is still doing great inside and out. The Nissan Quest took quite a beating when it came on the scene in 2004 and in some instances rightfully so. However, our 2005 Quest has not missed a beat after three years of fairly heavy use. The van has had only normal maintenance nothing major, ever. Kids still absolutely love the van. Their friends still rate it a "10" and fight over who carpools in it. Four are still bugging their parents to buy a Quest because it is the "coolest van ever" or "the most technologically advanced van" they have ever been in. Van has held up exceptionally well.

Favorite Features

Navigational system, dual screen DVD, acceleration and handling of the van. Very large and comfortable rear seats for passengers. Easy entry due to sliding door size.

Suggested Improvements

True dual DVD system (two different movies at once). Split rear seat with armrest. Skyview windows that open or rear side windows that open. Better headrests. Require a manual override (second chance) to put van in drive/reverse if rear hatch is up.

2005 Nissan Quest
By ML

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When we purchased this van, we considered an Odyssey and a Sienna but settled on the Nissan based on the better negotiated price. While overall it is a nice van which meets requirements, the maintenance costs, problems, and fuel economy are not as expected. Plan on replacing tires and rear brakes (under normal city driving) at 30,000 miles and paying $800 for the same service. Tires we found much cheaper elsewhere costing $470 vs. $800 at the dealer. Also the power doors don't always work which the dealer cannot figure out. Using regular gas causes it to ping, so plan on using premium and getting 16 - 18 mpg. Best we could muster was about 23 highway. Third row seat is extremely heavy.

Favorite Features

Styling, dvd entertainment system, center gauges.

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality and fuel efficiency. Split third row seat, or power folding.

Best Van Ever
By Alexes

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was one of the best investments that I ever made. My Quest is very comfortable and luxurious to me. My family and I love it. It is absolutely great.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the driving performance.

Suggested Improvements

Some improvements would be to have a different variety in colors.

The best car made
By cheeky1

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Nissan Quest 2005 when it first came out. I have driven it throughout California, north and south. And let me tell you something I would never sell this car if someone paid me a million dollars! I just love it, it's fuel economy friendly. A full tank ($50) lasts me 2 weeks on average, including driving to work and sending kids to school everyday and also entertainment out of town at least once a week.

Favorite Features

Automatic side door and trunk. Whoever it was that decided to put doors in automatic was a genuis! It's like almost a smart car.

Suggested Improvements

A van is for a family, meaning there will be kids. Maybe a built in car seat and a bigger trunk.