2005 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Lemon from the Start
By Disappointed in Tenn on 01/20/06 20:43 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Within a month of the purchase date, we had the van back into the dealer with a shaking problem when braking from extended driving periods. It was taken to the same dealer 4 times before it was finally diagnosed. It was not a safe feeling to be on an extended trip and wonder if you were going to make it home or not. Within a month of the last service visit, the driver sliding door began to rattle and squeak when driving over any type of bumps in the road. Then water began dripping through the sunglasses holder just above the rearview mirror. This was caused by improper sealing of the front windshield and they are having to replace the entire windshield. Bottom line...DON'T BUY A QUEST!

Nissan Quest SE - Limo Of Minivans
By relentless1 on 01/04/06 06:02 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Never thought I'd buy a minivan but wife, 2 kids & I are very pleased & impressed with our 05 Q. Traded in 96' Land Rover Discovery SE7. We also considered Honda Odyssey, Toyota Sienna, but chose the Quest due to its unconventional, sporty & unique design & comfortable ride. Have 30k trouble free miles. Responsive engine, love the spaceship like instrument cluster & unique dashboard. Currently shopping for dashbrd kits to enhance interior. Just repl OEM tires 225-60r-17s (Gdyear)for 235-55r-17s as OEM tires are odd size but love the new (Pirellis) all season. Only maintenance performed: oil changes, 2 tire rotations & 1 nail in tire. Will schedule 30k checkup. Need to check in- cabin filter.

Stylish and has power
By ramy on 12/18/05 00:20 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Drives like a car not a mini-van. Looks great and has more power than expected. It also handles very well.

Disappointing
By m j on 12/09/05 16:48 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I read many reviews, loved the styling, peppy engine etc. Problem is, the the thing is poorly built. Constant rattling, noisy ride, brakes are touchy. The car has plenty of acceleration and on the highway in overdrive the engine does not labor. BUT..... I would not lease another. Thankfully my lease is up in May. I also own a Saturn Relay, which has it's own short comings, but I find it superior to the Quest.

A few chinks in the armor
By Satisfied Almost on 11/17/05 02:25 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We did alot of researching before making our purchase. We wanted a vehicle that was tops in passenger room (212 Cu Ft), cargo volume (150 Cu Ft, 2nd only to Chrysler w/Stow N Go) and had all the safety/convenience features. We got it. It has the most headroom and legroom of any minivan. At the time, it was the only van to have both 2nd and 3rd row fold flat seats. Huge sliding doors for easy access to 3rd row. Loved the 3-D Navigation system, not to mention that it's the only minivan to have available TWO DVD screens, one for each row. We are worried about the reliability results we've heard of late, but knock on wood (we had that added to our dash/etc) we haven't had any noteworthy problems

2000 Quest SE
By placebo6 on 11/03/05 10:13 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Perfect minivan for a family of five. The middle control panel is ergonomically user-friendly by both driver and front passenger and isn't obstructed by the steering wheel. Kids and grandmother have a great ride, too, with two DVD screens. The only downside to this car is the lower quality plastic used in the interior that creates some rattles.

love this vehicle
By andrew herkalo on 10/05/05 16:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this van suits me very much. good handling. plenty of power. lots of room. good styling. family loves it too.

Not worth the money
By Melissa Peterson on 09/23/05 14:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my Quest for less than 1 month and I do not love it. For the money, you get a lot and not having to remove the rear seats are a big plus but the driver seat doesn't provide enough support and I slide around when turning. The lumbar support is extremely uncomfortable. There are lots of rattles in the car which Nissan tried to fix but couldn't. I love the looks and the drive but that's about it.

Good Value
By jagged30 on 09/02/05 20:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the van in March and currently have 7500 miles on it. My wife traded it for a 2001 Chrysler Town/Country. The power and ride are very good - almost sporty - and it is comfortable, but the reliability is questionable and build quality needs improvement. We just got it back from the shop for a bad transmission control module, which was replaced under warranty; service was very good. However, the driver's storage hinge is broken, the a/c vents have fallen from the ceiling, silver finish on the steering wheel and shifter show wear - as does the material on center stack. It also looks like it will be hard to clean. However, it was significantly much cheaper than the Sierra/Odyssey.

My new Nissan Quest
By My Nissan Quest on 08/29/05 15:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Nissan Quest van beats its competitors with its bold design and features, but there are some quality issues which Nissan needs to address, like the Rattle sounds in the doors. The console even though looks very impressive, very hard to locate and operate the buttons. Overall this is a good van for the price