2005 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Wish I did not buy it
By Noel on 12/24/07 20:11 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new car thinking that that was the smart thing to do. I am so upset about my Quest. At 30,000 I took it into Nissan for the yearly VA inspection. They told me that I neede new breaks and that they were schocked how many miles I had on the car because most of the vans needed then at 20,000. I also needed new tires at 35,000 the van is too heavy of a car for the type that came with the van! That they did not have a milage garentee. I will never buy a NIsann again!!!!

3 years
By jb on 09/30/07 08:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After three years and 46,000 miles the van is still doing great inside and out. The Nissan Quest took quite a beating when it came on the scene in 2004 and in some instances rightfully so. However, our 2005 Quest has not missed a beat after three years of fairly heavy use. The van has had only normal maintenance nothing major, ever. Kids still absolutely love the van. Their friends still rate it a "10" and fight over who carpools in it. Four are still bugging their parents to buy a Quest because it is the "coolest van ever" or "the most technologically advanced van" they have ever been in. Van has held up exceptionally well.

2005 Nissan Quest
By ML on 07/03/07 09:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When we purchased this van, we considered an Odyssey and a Sienna but settled on the Nissan based on the better negotiated price. While overall it is a nice van which meets requirements, the maintenance costs, problems, and fuel economy are not as expected. Plan on replacing tires and rear brakes (under normal city driving) at 30,000 miles and paying $800 for the same service. Tires we found much cheaper elsewhere costing $470 vs. $800 at the dealer. Also the power doors don't always work which the dealer cannot figure out. Using regular gas causes it to ping, so plan on using premium and getting 16 - 18 mpg. Best we could muster was about 23 highway. Third row seat is extremely heavy.

Best Van Ever
By Alexes on 07/02/07 13:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was one of the best investments that I ever made. My Quest is very comfortable and luxurious to me. My family and I love it. It is absolutely great.

The best car made
By cheeky1 on 06/11/07 00:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Nissan Quest 2005 when it first came out. I have driven it throughout California, north and south. And let me tell you something I would never sell this car if someone paid me a million dollars! I just love it, it's fuel economy friendly. A full tank ($50) lasts me 2 weeks on average, including driving to work and sending kids to school everyday and also entertainment out of town at least once a week.

Something Different
By preevyet on 04/16/07 09:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We like the van except for the inferior original tires (Goodyear LS-2). At 25K, needed to be replaced, unacceptable for a family touring vehicle. Why Nissan puts these crappy tires on baffles me. Have had some minor problems, purse holder broke on passenger seat ($13), passenger side seat belt constantly locks up, and auto air system doesn't always work right. Lots of room, comfortable ride hoping to be even better with decent tires. Have taken it on 3 long trips, comfortable for long trips (did 13+ hours just recently). Can't beat the features, looks different than any other minivan out there. The SE was worth the upgrade for the airbags and stereo, would recommend w/out stock goodyears.

Great Van with some glitches
By vxk1 on 02/08/07 12:22 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The van has beaten all my expectations except that when it is really cold, the driver rear door will not slide open. When I take it to the dealer, nothing can be done unless he reproduces the problem. Bad Servicing Policy!

Don't want another one
By Randy on 12/08/06 23:51 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We fell in love with the minivan at the dealership. It had plenty of power. Went on vacation the fuel mpg was showing around 20.8 mpg. However the mileage continued to get worse traded it in this week was showing 17.5 mpg. It was in the shop right after we bought it to repair the manual sliding door (drivers side) because it would not completely close all the way. The dealership swore we had wrecked the van since they could not fix it in their shop. Tires were bald at 29k miles and the front brakes were terrible. The car would shake badly when applying brakes during normal stops. For 30k don't buy one of these. Traded it in on a 2007 Nissan Armada. Will give Nissan one more chance.

Terrific van for travel!
By Laurie Fujimoto on 11/25/06 11:14 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've had our Quest for just about 1 year now, and are approaching 30,000 miles. It's a super in heavy rain - great wiper design, windshield is sloped better too, compared to Villager for driving on highways passing trucks in the rain. Love the interior room, storage for chargers, ipods, etc. Automated back lift gate is great...even had good Nissan service when we locked keys in car while on road. Nissan Service department in St. Charles, IL is open late weeknights and open on Saturdays...couldn't be happier with the customer service hours and staff! We're road warriors for tennis travel...wouldn't switch for any other van and I've driven vans for 12 years now.

More good than bad
By Rob on 10/04/06 07:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have loved driving this minivan. We have 2 children which the roominess and TV are great for. It really does drive like a car, and accelaration is great. Drive is VERY smooth. I do a lot of woodworking and have tested out putting 4x8 sheets of plywood in, and yes, they do fit, but it is pretty tight. Still amazing though. The bad has been new tires at 30,000 and new brakes already, which Nissan blames on the weight of the vehicle. Yes, the doors do rattle, and we were aware of this potential problem before buying. However, the power gate has been giving us problems. It currently does not work, and Nissan has had our vehicle for 2 weeks and still can't fix the problem.