2005 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
nissan quest
By joann on 02/09/05 17:54 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

fun to drive .comfort is important to me, becase i am disabled and can not sit for very long in same spot. the seet adjust to my back so i can sit in comfort. i like my new nissan quest very much. thank you nissan

The worst initial quality on the market
By Ryan on 02/08/05 17:31 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2004 Quest in March of 04. I have been disappointed ever since. In the 11 months that I have owned the vehicle, I have accumulated a total of 23 quality problems that need to be addressed by the dealer. Nissan has issued a quality recall for most 04 quests, which included items from poor insulation to replacing trottle pedals. I have experienced loss of power at stop lights, seat belt latches that stick, audio buttons that don't function, Driver door that is loose and tries to pry open at highway speeds. If your money and safety are important to you, I would seriously consider another vehicle. Nissan rushed this car to the market and it shows in every way.

Very, very good minivan
By DJS on 01/28/05 03:35 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Compared this vehicle to the new Honda and Toyota Sienna. We liked the exterior styling; the huge interior; foldaway second row seats; big side doors; outstanding engine/transmission setup; excellent manueverability and road holding for a minivan.

Not too happy!!!
By Anita Love on 01/27/05 18:26 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are a family of 5. We purchased our Quest a year ago. We have been in and out of the dealership about 8 times. What an inconvenience when you have children. It started out with a bad leather installation. Next came the recalls. Now it's the engine and bad connections between lights,door,and alarm. When ever we think something is fixed,and leave the lot something else goes wrong. A direct quote from the dealership "we only sell them we don't make them" and after talking to the service manager he said "would I ever buy a Quest? No Way!" So thats our experience. Good luck to the rest of you. My advice "don't do it" look around.

Not too happy!!!
By Anita Love on 01/27/05 18:26 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Always Love Getting Into My Quest!
By sue on 01/26/05 12:54 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After six months of trying to repair a rattling coming from wheel housing in rear seat, I am finally 100% thrilled with my Quest. The car was in the shop quite a few times to try to figure out how to repair my rattling problem. This is quite common in first year models, so Nissan went back to drawing board and found a way to fix the rattling noise coming from rear seat. Even though it took quit awhile to fix, the dealership did everything possible to keep me happy. They provided great timely service. They also provided a courtesy car for me to use. I would highly recommend Fred Martin Nissan in Green, Ohio.

Sports Car Ride in a Minivan
By Richard Stair on 01/25/05 12:33 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove all four comparible models and then chose the Nissan Quest. I liked its sporty exterior styling, the tight sporty drive (I drove a Maxima right before it), the comfort and room. I thought I might find the placement of the gauges a little strange, but actually found that their placement gives you more road visability both day and night. the comfortable ride for passengers was also a plus. While the rear seat fold up is a little heavy, its not unmanageable. I also noticed that it is the quietest ride of the four. Amazingly, the Honda was the noisiest and the least fun to drive. The plastic parts listed as cons by Edmunds are not really a negative. they are easy to maintain and are very "wearable".

Spaceship
By TommasoAS1 on 01/09/05 13:34 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I couldn't be more pleased after several months of ownership of my Quest Van 3.5 SL, I am glad I went for the SL. Didn't want leather or skyroof so the SL with Running boards and Roof Rack was perfect, not to mention the 5- SP auto Transmission. Talk about power and room, not to mention all the drivers eyeing my Quest and saying"he really knows how to pick a secret weapon in the large Mini van class. It takes some getting use to because of the beautiful long and wide wheel base, but it is well worth geting use too. My gear plus my full size Lab hound love this van.

Best Van in the WORLD
By Linda on 01/05/05 14:07 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had it a couple of months, but so far it has been terrific. We took a trip in it to Disney World and everyone had plenty of room for stretching out and we got a lot of thumbs up from passersby at the sleek design. I get asked a lot about it at gas stations. I am really enjoying this beautiful van.

In Quest of the Perfect Van
By Northern Driver on 01/02/05 18:38 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Besides the 2004 Quest SL with 33,000 miles we run a 2000 Odessey and 2001 Sienna.Quest- most fun to drive (comparing their 1st year of operation) with the best combination of effortless road handling, speed, comfort and quiet,stereo. The body construction both inside & out seems less durable than others. Auto rear door hatch - great feature when carrying parcels. Unfortunately the lift device on our's just fell off. Instrument controls -too confusing (all digital with no manual click and stay buttons). The digital buttons are flush- tricky to engage-distracting. When the van is shut off the fan defaults to feet. Bracket holding adjustable pedals very dangerous-scathes toe. Hard on fuel