2005 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Great Family MiniVan!
By ilikenissan on 10/21/13 23:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our 2005 Quest SL for 8 years now, bought new. It has been the perfect van for us. Spacious, strong engine, drives great (for a van), and gets decent highway mileage (we average 24 on trips). Electronically adjustable driver's seat. It was worth buying the extended warranties, as minivans (weight and usage) put a lot of stress on transmissions and suspensions. We used the warranty and saved a lot on major repairs common to the entire minivan category.

Quest is a Hot Mess
By sesaalegria on 07/21/12 12:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Quest SL new in 2005 with the extended warranty; I planned on driving it for many years. Well, I'm looking to trade it in way ahead of schedule. By the time it had 73K miles, the 4th alternator had to be put in! The first 3 were under regular warranty, the 4th under the extended. Currently it is in the shop having the computer replaced, to the tune of $2K out of my pocket. Oh, and the brakes? I can't count how many times they've been replaced. Sure, it is roomy, comfy on long road trips, the DVD player is a lifesaver with the kids, the drive is smooth, it was stylish in 2005, and the purchase price was good-all reasons I got it. In the long run-well-RUN! Not worth the test drive.

Timing Chain
By willima wallace on 08/04/10 14:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The experience I had driving this car was wonderful. Very comfortable smooth really nice, I know some mechanics so I change my brakes, driver side Windows switch, but the fun ended when I started to hear a noise coming from the engine. I was not worried because ever since I bought this car I have changed the oil and oil filter every month no matter the mileage, I did always use Mobil 1 synthetic oil. Well to make a long story short the timing chain broke, and it damaged the engine. I took it to the dealer and I was 2 months shy of my warranty expiring, but my mileage was 120,000 they told me I was out of warranty. They told me I needed a new engine total cost $6600 good luck with your quest.

Good family transportation
By Zfamily on 07/12/10 09:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased in April of 2005. Mostly happy with vehicle. Had to replace right half shaft, under extended warranty, and rotors twice. Went to after market slotted rotors and no more problems. I get 22 mpg mixed driving and 26 mpg on highway driving 70 mph. Seats are wider and pretty supportive for most people.

Average van
By Frosty1 on 11/03/09 15:57 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used in '06 with 18,000 miles. Liked looks compared to others in class. Problems have included broken rear wiper, door gaskets falling off, replaced rear lift gate motor. Tires were shot by 30,000. Replaced all 4 rotors, pads, and rear calipers. Extended warranty covered defective calipers, but brake job still cost $600. Have gone on a few road trips of more than 1000 miles and performance was O.K. Gas mileage on the highway is around 25 mpg with city near 20 mpg. Ride is a bit noisy at highway speed compared to an Odyssey or Sienna. I most likely would not buy another Quest. Honda or Toyota would be my first two choices.

Best Van Ever
By Alexes on 07/02/07 13:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was one of the best investments that I ever made. My Quest is very comfortable and luxurious to me. My family and I love it. It is absolutely great.

The best car made
By cheeky1 on 06/11/07 00:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Nissan Quest 2005 when it first came out. I have driven it throughout California, north and south. And let me tell you something I would never sell this car if someone paid me a million dollars! I just love it, it's fuel economy friendly. A full tank ($50) lasts me 2 weeks on average, including driving to work and sending kids to school everyday and also entertainment out of town at least once a week.

Don't want another one
By Randy on 12/08/06 23:51 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We fell in love with the minivan at the dealership. It had plenty of power. Went on vacation the fuel mpg was showing around 20.8 mpg. However the mileage continued to get worse traded it in this week was showing 17.5 mpg. It was in the shop right after we bought it to repair the manual sliding door (drivers side) because it would not completely close all the way. The dealership swore we had wrecked the van since they could not fix it in their shop. Tires were bald at 29k miles and the front brakes were terrible. The car would shake badly when applying brakes during normal stops. For 30k don't buy one of these. Traded it in on a 2007 Nissan Armada. Will give Nissan one more chance.

More good than bad
By Rob on 10/04/06 07:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have loved driving this minivan. We have 2 children which the roominess and TV are great for. It really does drive like a car, and accelaration is great. Drive is VERY smooth. I do a lot of woodworking and have tested out putting 4x8 sheets of plywood in, and yes, they do fit, but it is pretty tight. Still amazing though. The bad has been new tires at 30,000 and new brakes already, which Nissan blames on the weight of the vehicle. Yes, the doors do rattle, and we were aware of this potential problem before buying. However, the power gate has been giving us problems. It currently does not work, and Nissan has had our vehicle for 2 weeks and still can't fix the problem.

Nissan Quest hands down best van
By Rusty on 08/08/06 18:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was my second Quest, previous was 04, which indeed was a great van, put tons of miles and zero problems. Love the engine, no complaints, perfect for family!