2005 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
You'll get good at installing brake pads
By msce2 on 04/18/12 10:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2005 Nissan Quest - Quality issues We purchased the car with 16k mi in 2008. Car now has 55k mi. We have replaced the struts in the tailgate door $700, motor in tailgate door $650, 4 sets of brake pads (front & rear), 3 sets of tires. Gas gauge does not work properly, sliding side door will sometimes decide not to close so you have to turn it on manual to shut, other side door freezes shut in winter time, rear windshield wiper has not worked since buying, a/c is intermittent, skirts that are supposed to hide under captains chairs will not stay attached and cause tripping hazards. Van avgs 16mpg overall, but a measly 13mpg city driving.

THIS VAN SUCKS SOO MUCH!!! **BEWARNED INTO BUYING**
By kobebryant on 08/13/11 08:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First of all, i hate this van so much. i have had terrible experiences with it. I have way to many to tell you. First off, the van is WAY to low and this causes my catalytic converter to break and change. The transmission is now seeming to have trouble and that's what many people say. IT only has 93k on it and many problems i have with it. the doors do not open at all and you have to tug really hard and the automatic trunk will not budge open without pulling on it and breaking off the latch that covers it! Too many noises such as creaking noises, outside noises, and many more. Blower motor goes out, and brakes will not last for more than 6 months!! I REGRET BUYING IT AND IM WARNING YOU NOT T

Huge Dissapointment
By sd33 on 06/29/11 21:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased it brand new in '05. We had few complaints for 5 years. In January 2011 it started blowing smoke from the exhaust. The van had 30k miles on it and there were no "warning" lights coming on. Despite proper maintenance, the oil was low and sludgy. To condense a very long and frustrating story; we took it to the dealer multiple times trying to find the problem. $400 later we were told the engine was basically fried and they couldn't explain it. We tried to get assistance from Nissan as the van had low mileage. Our mechanic told Nissan it was not a maintenance issue, they refused to assist because I was missing a couple receipts to prove it was properly maintained.

Bad auto mechanic
By Hi on 08/09/10 16:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van is huge. It has a lot amount of space for all seven people. then there's the problems. Fist two days after buying the van the service light went on. We take it to the dealership and the catalytic converter is bad. We leave for a ten hour trip the next day. They gave us a rental for a month! Then just couldn't fix the van. When we got it back it was making some weird noise. Take it to the shop, They can't here it. That's only the start. This vans been in the shop over 13 times, in 9 months. The next problem is the cheap booty materials. The worst part is how low it is. We live in the boondocks and we always bottom out. Although it has a smooth ride when its not broke.

A Good Choice in Minivans
By J.R. on 03/16/10 06:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Our old Suburban's engine blew on the way to St Louis so we unloaded it and searched for a replacement. Not having a lot of time for research and negotiation, we ended up with a 2005 Nissan Quest with 74000 miles. We really liked the features as well as the unique appearance both inside and out. It runs great, has excellent acceleration, and is very reliable. You can lay flat all the seats and load it to the hilt, and it still goes like it's empty. The seats aren't quite as comfortable as I'd like, nor is the mileage as consistently high as I had hoped. And I'll never buy from that dealership again as they severely took advantage of our situation. Otherwise, we love it!

Love Car
By Love Car on 12/24/09 09:01 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We just bought this car a few days ago. We found out that we needed a new engine for something the previous owner hit. Nissan was so wonderful they gave us a brand new engine for free under factory warranty. Love Air Controls! Love amount of space, fold down second and third rows, and extremely comfortable!

WARNING - DO NOT BUY THIS VAN!!!!
By denise on 12/18/09 16:27 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van relying on the Nissan Brand and quality. My car has hit 68000 miles and it is only 4 years old. I need a complete new transmission - it has been diagnosed by a transmission shop, an auto mechanic and Nissan. I called Nissan's consumer affairs to get some understanding of why the transmission went out so early. I was given the run around but basically "sorry, we cannot assist you with your problem but thank you for being a Nissan consumer" On a four year car, I have replaced all four tires, brakes, driving belt and now I need a new transmission, one of my mountings is broken and the other needs replaced. Today's bill cost $3900. I am shocked. I should have kept my Dodge.

buyer beware
By william on 11/10/09 18:47 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My car makes a loud noise & there is vibration in the front of the car when the car is accelerated. I brought the car in to the dealer lots of times for a period of over 3 months. They said I needed to replace the entire exhaust system. I paid to replace it but it didn't fix the problem. They then replaced the catalytic converters, fuel rails, engine mounts, adjusted the front cradle and finally the transmission. They couldn't fix the problem & Nissan corporation told me after replacing all those items on the quest, that the vibration & noise was normal for this vehicle & to just deal with the problem. Nissan acknowledge the car had a problem in the beginning, now they don't want to help.

One thing after another
By OneThingAfterAnother on 05/28/09 08:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Problems encountered since purchase: 1) ABS actuator failed at 28,000kms 2) Alternator failed at just over 60,000kms 3) Wiper motor failed 69,000kms 4) Electronic fuel gauge and odometer sometimes becomes faint to the point where it is not legible

Brakes stink
By brian on 11/28/08 16:03 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

52,000 miles I have been through 8 pair of brakes and rotors once. This has cost me a fortune. Everyone tells me this is normal.