Used 2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

A very good mini-van.
By arcticslalom

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned the car since fall of '07 and it's been a really beauty. I had to put a front wheel bearing in each side, but the van is now at 170,000 miles and still going very strong. Interior fit and finish isn't the best, but overall Nissan makes a very good engine and transmission. I can't complain. I would recommend a used Nissan Quest to anyone with kids or bulky stuff to haul. So MUCH more room than other SUV's out there. Don't buy an SUV to be in the in crowd. Accept the fact you have kids and get a van, save gas and haul all your stuff in comfort.

Favorite Features

Interior room, fuel economy. Interior Room. can haul a sheet of 4x8 plywood with ease. can haul furniture, mt. bikes, christmas trees, wreathes, all the crap your mother-in-law gives the kids at christmas, dogs, cats, kids friends, 12 gauges, knives, camping gear, you name it.

Suggested Improvements

plastic interior parts could have better fit and finish. the center instrument cluster is a little different, but it works great. better ground clearance would be really nice.

80,000 nightmare
By hi2008

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car last year. It only had 62,000 miles and all service records were produced. Thought we had lucked up, HOWEVER - brakes squeaked constantly - dealer tried to fix, but squeaking continued. A month in, the cd player broke. Went to open the rear gate and the trim that covers the latch came off in my hand! It is funny to count the ones we see around town with that piece missing. While on vacation, the check engine light came on at around 78,000 miles. Got back, called Nissan and was told that the converter was covered up to 80,000 miles, BUT since I had taken the car to my local garage instead of a Nissan dealer, they would not honor warranty. Just a 2010 VW - no more Nissans!

Favorite Features

Room inside and exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Make it reliable past 80,000.

2005 Nissan Cost $$$$ to maintain!!!
By Denise

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2005 Nissan Quest with 6000 miles on it - nearly new. In five years I have changed the brakes 3 times, all belts, transmission, catalytic converter (warranty) and now the timing chain is going to need to be fixed. The Nissan Customer Service is of no help. I have owned many old school Nissans and believed them to reliable - not in this modern age! **DO NOT BUY THIS VAN** Get a Toyota instead!

Better than CR reviews
By dabbler

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Consumer Reports gave this car a low reliability rating but from my experience it has been great, with a couple of exceptions. Like others I noticed that the tires wear out at 30,000 miles and the brakes wear out at 20,000. And I thought my wife used the gas and brake at the same time. My favorite attraction: Safety: it had curtain air bags standard while others gouged the consumer to get them. I hear complaints about the readouts being in the center. They should get some reviewers that are not old fashioned and fixed in their ways. It only took a little while. My first attraction: it didn't have a ho-hum interior, but has a little excitement to it, even with just the standard package.

Favorite Features

Great standard air bag package (at that time period). Nice refreshing interior design, not the usual vanny fanny interior look.

Suggested Improvements

Better tires, better brakes. How can you screw up engineering the brakes. Brakes have only been around a 100 years. Some of the road noise could be reduced: the low hummmm.

Great Mini Van
By Vinnie

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

All though it is a great mini van there has been some problems. I've have had the rotors turned and new pads that did not fix the pulsation so they replaced with new rotors and pads again. now there was a clicking noise in the front end so the dealer replaced one cv joint. The driver side window regulator needed to be replaced because it was making a clicking noise now the passenger side window goes all the way up then comes down again the dealer said it needs a new motor that is on back order. All of these problems with only 18,000 miles

Favorite Features

The power is awesome and the handling is great

Suggested Improvements

Better parts