2005 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Great Family MiniVan!
By ilikenissan on 10/21/13 23:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our 2005 Quest SL for 8 years now, bought new. It has been the perfect van for us. Spacious, strong engine, drives great (for a van), and gets decent highway mileage (we average 24 on trips). Electronically adjustable driver's seat. It was worth buying the extended warranties, as minivans (weight and usage) put a lot of stress on transmissions and suspensions. We used the warranty and saved a lot on major repairs common to the entire minivan category.

What a disappointment
By sstlaurent on 10/09/13 18:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van new, and over the last three years, we've put more around $5000 into. The digital dashboard display hasn't been clear for years. The heater in the back of the van doesn't blow. Now the transmission is failing, and we're looking for another car. We've had it serviced regularly and taken care of it, so I don't know what the problem is. If I want to take it to the dealership, they charge $98 just to diagnose it. The transmission guy told me that lots of people have had the same problem, and attorneys are preparing to file a class action suit.

OHMomof5
By jod5 on 06/16/13 12:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2005 Quest SE fully loaded 10/05/04 having traded my 2001 BMW 325i. Almost nine years later, the van has safely taken my family 101,100 miles and counting. I have travelled across the USA and Canada, typically alone with four of my daughters. I’ve only had two upsetting issues. First, I had a ground fault issue around 40,000 miles that delayed a trip home for a couple hours. Then recently, the alternator failed 375 miles from home and involved almost 100 miles of towing and a rather costly repair bill. However, alternators do fail and the ground fault, although inconvenient, was minor. This van remains exceptional.

A very good mini-van.
By arcticslalom on 03/03/13 19:39 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned the car since fall of '07 and it's been a really beauty. I had to put a front wheel bearing in each side, but the van is now at 170,000 miles and still going very strong. Interior fit and finish isn't the best, but overall Nissan makes a very good engine and transmission. I can't complain. I would recommend a used Nissan Quest to anyone with kids or bulky stuff to haul. So MUCH more room than other SUV's out there. Don't buy an SUV to be in the in crowd. Accept the fact you have kids and get a van, save gas and haul all your stuff in comfort.

Quest is a Hot Mess
By sesaalegria on 07/21/12 12:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Quest SL new in 2005 with the extended warranty; I planned on driving it for many years. Well, I'm looking to trade it in way ahead of schedule. By the time it had 73K miles, the 4th alternator had to be put in! The first 3 were under regular warranty, the 4th under the extended. Currently it is in the shop having the computer replaced, to the tune of $2K out of my pocket. Oh, and the brakes? I can't count how many times they've been replaced. Sure, it is roomy, comfy on long road trips, the DVD player is a lifesaver with the kids, the drive is smooth, it was stylish in 2005, and the purchase price was good-all reasons I got it. In the long run-well-RUN! Not worth the test drive.

You'll get good at installing brake pads
By msce2 on 04/18/12 10:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2005 Nissan Quest - Quality issues We purchased the car with 16k mi in 2008. Car now has 55k mi. We have replaced the struts in the tailgate door $700, motor in tailgate door $650, 4 sets of brake pads (front & rear), 3 sets of tires. Gas gauge does not work properly, sliding side door will sometimes decide not to close so you have to turn it on manual to shut, other side door freezes shut in winter time, rear windshield wiper has not worked since buying, a/c is intermittent, skirts that are supposed to hide under captains chairs will not stay attached and cause tripping hazards. Van avgs 16mpg overall, but a measly 13mpg city driving.

Piece of junk!
By dissapointed05 on 09/24/11 19:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well from reading many of the reviews it seems apparent that they are common.Our Car has had constant Brake problem from the time we bought it new..We now have 85000K and have the following list of repairs that need to be done from Nissan and 2 other Mechanics,3 Motor mounts,upper control arms,shocks and struts, Catalytic converter, selonoid, TRANSMISSION, ENGINE about to go, Bad piston noise, Brakes are almost gone again/rotors. NICE LIST, Total estimate from Nissan was $10,190.00 I would never buy Nissan again,when they checked the car they said to sell it/Trade it in.I will be doing exactly that but will get anything but Nissan.There is no way a car with 85000k should be this bad.

THIS VAN SUCKS SOO MUCH!!! **BEWARNED INTO BUYING**
By kobebryant on 08/13/11 08:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First of all, i hate this van so much. i have had terrible experiences with it. I have way to many to tell you. First off, the van is WAY to low and this causes my catalytic converter to break and change. The transmission is now seeming to have trouble and that's what many people say. IT only has 93k on it and many problems i have with it. the doors do not open at all and you have to tug really hard and the automatic trunk will not budge open without pulling on it and breaking off the latch that covers it! Too many noises such as creaking noises, outside noises, and many more. Blower motor goes out, and brakes will not last for more than 6 months!! I REGRET BUYING IT AND IM WARNING YOU NOT T

Huge Dissapointment
By sd33 on 06/29/11 21:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased it brand new in '05. We had few complaints for 5 years. In January 2011 it started blowing smoke from the exhaust. The van had 30k miles on it and there were no "warning" lights coming on. Despite proper maintenance, the oil was low and sludgy. To condense a very long and frustrating story; we took it to the dealer multiple times trying to find the problem. $400 later we were told the engine was basically fried and they couldn't explain it. We tried to get assistance from Nissan as the van had low mileage. Our mechanic told Nissan it was not a maintenance issue, they refused to assist because I was missing a couple receipts to prove it was properly maintained.

Overall I am satisfied but....
By wheelsless on 03/24/11 15:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this car has some really annoying issues. I purchased my 2005 Nissan Quest in 2006. It drives well. I replaced brakes about 18 mos ago and had to replace again a month ago. The rear windshield wiper has fallen off, the two sliding side doors are difficult to open due to the rubber being loose. The gas gauge and mileage has dissappeared making any trip outside of my town scary. The right side window is stuck open...but the left one is fine. The air vent, heating/AC in front of vehicle has stopped blowing air and the vent cover has fallen out behind driver street. Since this is a gently used vehicle i expected these minor issues not to happen.