Used 2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Most Helpful|
What a disappointment
By sstlaurent

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van new, and over the last three years, we've put more around $5000 into. The digital dashboard display hasn't been clear for years. The heater in the back of the van doesn't blow. Now the transmission is failing, and we're looking for another car. We've had it serviced regularly and taken care of it, so I don't know what the problem is. If I want to take it to the dealership, they charge $98 just to diagnose it. The transmission guy told me that lots of people have had the same problem, and attorneys are preparing to file a class action suit.

Favorite Features

Hmm...it's roomy.

Suggested Improvements

I don't know what Nissan can do to improve it. I'm done with them.

Piece of junk!
By dissapointed05

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well from reading many of the reviews it seems apparent that they are common.Our Car has had constant Brake problem from the time we bought it new..We now have 85000K and have the following list of repairs that need to be done from Nissan and 2 other Mechanics,3 Motor mounts,upper control arms,shocks and struts, Catalytic converter, selonoid, TRANSMISSION, ENGINE about to go, Bad piston noise, Brakes are almost gone again/rotors. NICE LIST, Total estimate from Nissan was $10,190.00 I would never buy Nissan again,when they checked the car they said to sell it/Trade it in.I will be doing exactly that but will get anything but Nissan.There is no way a car with 85000k should be this bad.

timing chain
By retha

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Nissan, and it fits my family really well.It is really beautiful and everyone that sees it tells me what a nice vehicle it is.It has a smooth ride and is very comfortable.

Favorite Features

I like the tv in it and so do the kids. Also the auto doors are great.

Suggested Improvements

The big thing is the timing chains are bad already in mine. It has been taken good care of but now I have to spend $2000. to replace the chains because the engine has to be dropped to get to them. It seems to me they should have lasted longer.

Overall I am satisfied but....
By wheelsless

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this car has some really annoying issues. I purchased my 2005 Nissan Quest in 2006. It drives well. I replaced brakes about 18 mos ago and had to replace again a month ago. The rear windshield wiper has fallen off, the two sliding side doors are difficult to open due to the rubber being loose. The gas gauge and mileage has dissappeared making any trip outside of my town scary. The right side window is stuck open...but the left one is fine. The air vent, heating/AC in front of vehicle has stopped blowing air and the vent cover has fallen out behind driver street. Since this is a gently used vehicle i expected these minor issues not to happen.

Favorite Features

Nice looking vehicle, DVD player

OHMomof5
By jod5

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2005 Quest SE fully loaded 10/05/04 having traded my 2001 BMW 325i. Almost nine years later, the van has safely taken my family 101,100 miles and counting. I have travelled across the USA and Canada, typically alone with four of my daughters. I’ve only had two upsetting issues. First, I had a ground fault issue around 40,000 miles that delayed a trip home for a couple hours. Then recently, the alternator failed 375 miles from home and involved almost 100 miles of towing and a rather costly repair bill. However, alternators do fail and the ground fault, although inconvenient, was minor. This van remains exceptional.

Favorite Features

The van is vast, very comfortable on long trips, has excellent acceleration and handles like a much smaller vehicle. The navigation system is wonderful especially when Nissan finally “found” Canada east of Quebec City. Dual screen DVD's have always been a favorite of my daughters as are the overhead windows. Mileage has averaged 19mpg mixed and 22mpg on the highway even after almost nine years.

Suggested Improvements

No way to improve upon something no longer built. Due to almost grown family, we will likely be trading van for 2013 Infinity JX35 that will accommodate our current fluctuating needs.