Used 2005 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Great Family MiniVan!
By ilikenissan

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our 2005 Quest SL for 8 years now, bought new. It has been the perfect van for us. Spacious, strong engine, drives great (for a van), and gets decent highway mileage (we average 24 on trips). Electronically adjustable driver's seat. It was worth buying the extended warranties, as minivans (weight and usage) put a lot of stress on transmissions and suspensions. We used the warranty and saved a lot on major repairs common to the entire minivan category.

The full size middle bucket seats fit our teenagers or adults. The good headroom in the rear seats allow for seating up to 7 comfortably. Spacious cargo room when rear seat is down. We've hauled gear and plywood, camped, skiied, carted Christmas trees, gone on 2000+ mile family trips, etc. Our van has done it all!

- Higher quality interior plastics - better sound system, and replaceable/upgradeable CD system - better in-town mileage - driver seat to extend further back (for longer legs) - putting the speedometer back ('07 onward) in it's customary spot has likely helped sales, though in usages takes only a few days to get used to.

What a disappointment
By sstlaurent

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van new, and over the last three years, we've put more around $5000 into. The digital dashboard display hasn't been clear for years. The heater in the back of the van doesn't blow. Now the transmission is failing, and we're looking for another car. We've had it serviced regularly and taken care of it, so I don't know what the problem is. If I want to take it to the dealership, they charge $98 just to diagnose it. The transmission guy told me that lots of people have had the same problem, and attorneys are preparing to file a class action suit.

Hmm...it's roomy.

I don't know what Nissan can do to improve it. I'm done with them.

OHMomof5
By jod5

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2005 Quest SE fully loaded 10/05/04 having traded my 2001 BMW 325i. Almost nine years later, the van has safely taken my family 101,100 miles and counting. I have travelled across the USA and Canada, typically alone with four of my daughters. I’ve only had two upsetting issues. First, I had a ground fault issue around 40,000 miles that delayed a trip home for a couple hours. Then recently, the alternator failed 375 miles from home and involved almost 100 miles of towing and a rather costly repair bill. However, alternators do fail and the ground fault, although inconvenient, was minor. This van remains exceptional.

The van is vast, very comfortable on long trips, has excellent acceleration and handles like a much smaller vehicle. The navigation system is wonderful especially when Nissan finally “found” Canada east of Quebec City. Dual screen DVD's have always been a favorite of my daughters as are the overhead windows. Mileage has averaged 19mpg mixed and 22mpg on the highway even after almost nine years.

No way to improve upon something no longer built. Due to almost grown family, we will likely be trading van for 2013 Infinity JX35 that will accommodate our current fluctuating needs.

A very good mini-van.
By arcticslalom

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned the car since fall of '07 and it's been a really beauty. I had to put a front wheel bearing in each side, but the van is now at 170,000 miles and still going very strong. Interior fit and finish isn't the best, but overall Nissan makes a very good engine and transmission. I can't complain. I would recommend a used Nissan Quest to anyone with kids or bulky stuff to haul. So MUCH more room than other SUV's out there. Don't buy an SUV to be in the in crowd. Accept the fact you have kids and get a van, save gas and haul all your stuff in comfort.

Interior room, fuel economy. Interior Room. can haul a sheet of 4x8 plywood with ease. can haul furniture, mt. bikes, christmas trees, wreathes, all the crap your mother-in-law gives the kids at christmas, dogs, cats, kids friends, 12 gauges, knives, camping gear, you name it.

plastic interior parts could have better fit and finish. the center instrument cluster is a little different, but it works great. better ground clearance would be really nice.

Quest is a Hot Mess
By sesaalegria

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Quest SL new in 2005 with the extended warranty; I planned on driving it for many years. Well, I'm looking to trade it in way ahead of schedule. By the time it had 73K miles, the 4th alternator had to be put in! The first 3 were under regular warranty, the 4th under the extended. Currently it is in the shop having the computer replaced, to the tune of $2K out of my pocket. Oh, and the brakes? I can't count how many times they've been replaced. Sure, it is roomy, comfy on long road trips, the DVD player is a lifesaver with the kids, the drive is smooth, it was stylish in 2005, and the purchase price was good-all reasons I got it. In the long run-well-RUN! Not worth the test drive.

Comfort, drive, power liftgate, roominess.

Reliability!