2004 Nissan Quest Consumer Review: Still better than most minivan

2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Review

3.5 S Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Still better than most minivans
By Just Jay on

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The wife loves the van. I think if it were totaled, she would still try to have it rebuilt! This from a family that said we would "NEVER own a minivan." Then 8 months of pregnancy happened. It has been a very good van overall. She is more impressed than I, but I don't mind driving it. I always tell the other guys who tease that it has the Maxima V6 and that seems to smooth a few over. We had problems right out of the gate with a new model in its first year, but Nissan backed us up 100% and even extended our factory warranty until 5 years or 60,000 miles without us asking! The wife loves the gauges over the A/C and radio with the storage over the wheel.

The van is stylish for a minivan. It is also the largest minivan on the market and is roomy! The engine is peppy (also a draw back in gas mileage though). Flip down 3rd row is wonderful (new '07 version is even better though).

Improved gas mileage (average about 18-20 mpg overall); paint quality was/is an issue for us (chips off too easily in front); and too many squeaks/rattles when we bought it (mostly fixed now under warranty).