Used 2004 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Has been a good van for us
By Todd F`

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned our Quest for four years and it has not required a return trip to the dealer for anything other than a recall on an airbag. Drive 75 mph on long trips we average 25 mpg. The engine is fantastic and the thing is huge inside. If you need a larger vehicle that still gets decent mileage, this is one to consider.

The base model has a lot of standard features for the money. Crash rating is the best. Big doors, lots of room and all the seats fold flat when you need to haul something large. Great in the snow with standard traction control and anti-lock brakes. Got me home in a blizzard after skiing.

We purchased the vehicle in it's first year, so I have read that there have been improvements to body structure since then. My only complaint is that it squeaks a little now in the body shell.

Too young & cute to be a soccer mom!
By sassy

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Driving this van has been a pleasure and while its capacity is that of a soccer van, the image is simply not there. It drives smoothly, accelerates well, and handles corners. Nissan has handled the expected recalls of that of a new design quite well and our family is quite happy with it.

Favorite features include the design (obviously), the large "trunk" area and plenty of ceiling room. Additionally, FOUR of the seats are that of the driver and are quite comfortable.

Assembly quality has been an issue with rubber trimming coming off, poorly glued side panels, opening side doors in extreme weather (over 100 degrees and below -20) despite recall "fixes". The body noise could be improved as well as the steering shaking (even when aligned).

Brakes issues, poor interior quality
By MacG

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Q needed a new fuel pump early in its life, which was covered under warranty. Also, front brakes were troublesome, a lot of vibration, several repairs, none covered by Nissan dealer despite known brake issues. No other problems with it mechanically. I loved the center gauges, a lot of people didn't, so that was changed in later models. Driver's seat back fabric wore out just after the warranty on it was up, ended up with two holes! The driver's seat back also seemed to get a bit wobbly, or loose. 3rd row seat was not easy to retrieve from stowed position. I think that many women would not have the strength for it - as a big guy I had to fight it.

Great looking vehicle, got a lot of comments from people who loved the look of it. Surprising for a minivan. I thought the center console was cool.

Gas gauge needs to be more prominent, interior needs to be better made. Less cheap, ill-fitting, plastic would be nice. I can't imagine the interior on a 2004 lasting more than 100,000 miles. Mine was already looking really worn-out and old. Hopefully they addressed the front brakes in newer models.

Love this van!!
By Erin

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have previously owned a Dodge Caravan and a Toyota Sienna but love this van with its many features, comfortable ride, new body style and great acceleration. It drives more like a car than a van. I am very happy with my purchase.

Surround sound stereo is fabulous and front/rear air is great for summer travel with the family.

The only thing it needs is a dual automatic sliding door. It currently only has one automatic sliding door.

103k and going!
By karoline

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've put over 100k miles on our Quest and are still loving it! I am going to switch to Yokohama AVID TRZ tires rather than the OEM Goodyears for a better ride. Other than the recalls, we have had no problems other than a broken passenger armrest. I was leery of buying the first year of production - but glad to say I didn't need my 100k warranty!

Sporty, fun look - love the moonroof and rear sunroofs that make the back look spacious instead of like a cave

Needs center console between front seats; dvd player should be easily accessed by rear passengers; silver covering of front seat door handles is easily scratched; OEM Goodyear tires stink!