2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Bought with 49,000 miles
By Scot T. on 05/25/06 06:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our 2004 Quest fully aware of potential early build issues. The '04 has an extended warranty of 5 yrs/60,000 miles bumper to bumper, aiding with these minor build issues. Dealer has been very good about taking care of these minor rattle issues.

pleased with van
By Bob on 05/16/06 15:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

the air cond. has had two leaks in pipe going along the chassis to the rear. both times it was repaired and now for the third time the dealer indicates I will pay since I am out of warranty. I say not fair. We will see what happens. otherwise a great good looking & running van.

Quest for Excellence...Keep looking!
By hjr on 05/14/06 12:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a high quality vehicle with great reliability look somewhere else. Our van has been into the shop too many times to count since we purchased it. The majority of the problems have been with rattles and creaks on the doors as well as the front doors not opening from the inside when you pull on the handle. There was also a problem with the transmission not shifting. The airbag light was also flashing which required two trips to fix. First was the wiring harness followed by the controller. The dealership was far less than helpful in getting these problems resolved. There basic mode of operation is that this is normal and we are too picky. Argh!!!

Looks great -too stylish to be practical
By croon3 on 05/06/06 18:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Best looking minivan out there, but rattles like a 6 yr old Chevy van. Engine is racy, but interior is not family friendly. Whoever chose light dove grey for an interior color doesn't have kids! Front end shakes and will need realignment often - factory defect, but dealer won't fix. Plastic and hard to clean interior, rattles all over place-think twice before buying! Looks better than all others, but not practical!

Almost a Lemon
By Dave D on 03/23/06 12:03 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned the Quest for a year and a half and in that time have had it back to the dealership for repairs/warranties/recalls/service about 15 times. Within the first month of owning the Quest, I noticed rattling noises, wind coming from the rear doors, and other "small things" that seemed much worse becasue they only added to the overall total of complaints I began to have. Couple this with the passenger side mirror needing to be replaced, rear defogger unit replaced, doors adjusted, sensors tweeked, and the kicker, the alternator and battery dying in the middle of January in Minnesota away from home, and you can see why I must say this is the absolute worst vehicle I have ever owned.

Quest '04 Not Reliable
By mecquest'04 on 03/13/06 11:56 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Attracted to the styling and drivetrain of this vehicle. Unfortunately quality is a large concern. Brakes wear out prematurely. Tires are in need of replacement after 30k miles. Noisy doors that get better and then worse again. Mirrors with intermittent problems. Company does not stand behind this vehicle, either. Delay you with excuses until items are out of warranty and then you pay. Refuse to admit any issues are not normal wear and tear. Cannot recommend this vehicle or Nissan in general based on our experience. Beware used Quests if '04!

Long Term Quest Update
By irloyal on 03/07/06 07:40 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After having owned this Nissan Quest for 3 years and 36,000 miles I felt a long term review would be helpful to others. Pro's: The Van's styling is still unique and turns heads. The engine runs as strong as the day purchased and is plenty potent for any type of driving. Only routine manintenance has been reqired for the most part, but exceptions are noted in the con section. The dealer ships have been very good about handling warranty issues, and they have increased the warranty to 60,000 miles at no charge. Cons: Horn Stuck. Over-sensitive tire pressure sensors. Replacement tires require new size unless you buy Goodyear. Overall Rating: B Overall Value: B+ Buy Again? Yes

Love van but OH the problems
By so-so on 02/14/06 09:07 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Previously owned a Dodge Caravan Sport which had no problems throughout 80k miles. Loved styling of Quest,bought 09/04. Travel freqently and very comfortable on long trips. Dealer service dept. has been great however we have been there to many times. Numerous recalls/service bulletins. transmission not smooth in low gear. All 4 rotors turned twice then finally replaced under warranty. Interior fit and finish not great. Only 35k out of goodyear eagles. Squeaks, wind noise, rattles very bothersome. power window mechanism replaced already. rear hatch pistons replaced already. Exhaust system was rattling upon start up. Wheel studs sheered off almost lost rear wheel on highway.

Re: Back to the drawing board
By soccermom on 01/28/06 01:28 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I purchased a 2004 Quest sl after owning a 2001 odyssey that had its fair share of problems as well, and they were major problems as well transmission. Honda was much better at standing behind thier vehicle. Our quest has had doors checked three times, starter replaced after fighting the dealership after it broke while I was christmas shopping (we had to pay the tow bill Nissan was to refund the money it still hasn`t been done!), And materials in the interior are begining to fall apart the moldings in the rear doors, the heating ventin the passenger`s side in the front, and the engine having problems shifting as it starts out in lower gear.

I wish I had never bought IT!!!
By Heather White on 01/21/06 15:45 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It was love at first sight but I think I was completely blind. We have had nothing but trouble from this van since day 1. Our van has been the shop around 100 time and that is not including regular maintance. Our sliding doors have came apart and we have had doors adjusted and not been able to open them. The trunk leaked and messed the carpet up and that is just to start. On top of that we have not had the best of service workers. We have had nothing but trouble with them. As we speak it is in the shop once again. I can't wait till we can get rid of it. Oh yeah and the trade it value had dropped b/c of the problems. I will never buy a Nissan agian.