2004 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Keep looking
By Bill on 07/24/06 14:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I owned the quest for 28 months. During this time I put 35k miles on it. It has been back to the dealer for the following, drivers window stuck open, transmission stuck in 2nd, a/c failure, Rattling (Seats, Doors, Windows), various recalls, exhaust leak, doors not closing, engine light, no sound from radio, loose interior trim , excessive paint chipping. The last time I brought it in they told me they needed to remove the dash to trace a wiring problem in the a/c. In the past I have called nissan directly, they claim to open a file, but I never heard from them. Today I traded it in for a Honda. It got to a point where I was living with the problems until I had a list of things to be repaired at onc

For a van, it's tops
By carolanddavid on 07/22/06 15:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've driven many vans, even if only brief test drives or rentals. This one hands-down feels like a nice ride compared to others, which simply felt like a van. Honda was decent, but Nissan has more sport and maneuverability feel to it. Quality is high; only the most minor of things required attention. After 2 years I'm still discovering nooks and crannies for storage. I'm not sure it's worth the price difference to many, because the rising cost of fuel also means lesser mileage vehicles are yet more expensive to own over the life of the vehicle. But to me, the enjoyment of its comfort, handling, convenience and quality IS worth the difference. I'm looking at the 2007 models now..

Good Luck
By BDuece on 07/19/06 16:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for 2 1/2 years. Pros, Good handling, power, average 19 mpg, lots of room, exterior styling. Cons, The paint scratches and chips easily, slightly high road noise on than Highway, Relaibilty/quality is bad. Interior trim pieces come unsnaped often, Ac has been repaired 5 times. The clock is always fast. Computer is quirky, doors need to be realigned or adjusted frequently. Its had at least 6 recalls, doors rattle, strang vibration noises. etc. Service rep stated," we have had issues with these vehicles" Its at the dealership being repaired often. Nissan does little when you call in concerns?

Best of the bunch
By Martin S. Berlin on 07/15/06 16:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The many inovative features we were able to get with the Quest were not available on the Honda, Toyota, Ford or Chrysler minivans. We drove them all and with the exception of the Quest, which handled more like a sport sedan, they all drove like the typical minivan. The positioning of the instruments and controls are fine with us because the controls provide passenger access as well as driver which comes in handy on trips. Fit and finish are excellent, just not as fancy as Toyota or Honda. But you don't drive fancy. Reliability and service has been excellent with only two recalls; neither what I would consider major. We have all the bells and whistles. We love it. Good Job Nissan.

Love my van!
By Liz on 07/13/06 19:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got my Quest in Dec. 2003, one of the first to have the new design. Love all the bells and whistles! Great storage space, cup holders, etc. I know the 07s have some nice improvements (like not having to remove the headrests on the rear seat before folding flat). Some other things I would like addressed: I had to replace all 4 tires and all brakes after 2 years - I hear this is a fairly typical Nissan issue. I would love the rear seat to be split so you could fold only half if needed (with 3 kids this would be helpful). The front wheels are so far forward it makes parking straight tricky. Overall - very happy, will get an 07 in December when lease is up!

Lots of Problems
By Susan on 07/04/06 14:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The style of this Nissan is great. The kids love the skyview windows, which makes the interior seem very cavernous. It seems like Nissan released this vehicle before the ironed out all the kinks though. Should you decide on the Quest be prepared for many problems, such as sunroof/roof leaks, interior trim breakage, rattles, a very confusing control panel, and power door problems, just to name a few of the common ones. Do your research before purchase!

Buy Honda or Toyota
By Bill on 06/21/06 08:42 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Quest was the most unique minivan when we purchased it. In retrospect, we should have gone with a Honda or Toyota. We have had problems that one would not equate with Nissan. The end-links on the rear stabilizer somehow self-destructed, the horn fuse continually blows, the original brakes only lasted 27,000 miles. The rear brakes were shot after this period! I've never experienced this in ANY vehicle I have owned of any make! Radio is flakey and just goes mute on its own at times. Transmission has gotten stuck in one gear and required me to stop the car, shut it off and restart it. I planned on keeping this vehicle for a long time but now I'm not so sure.

No complaints here
By jasinke on 06/21/06 08:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We love this van. The interior space is incredible, like a full-size van. The "experts" don't like the center- console instruments, but they take it for one test drive and make their verdict. After a couple of drives, it seems natural to look there, and it's a whole lot better than trying to look around the steering wheel. The ride is very smooth and it has lots of power. My young kids love how easy it is to get into the van, and the gas mileage is fantastic - 25 mpg highway, 20mpg city.

Bad Paint
By BobbyF on 06/12/06 19:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Nissan vehicle. Very unhappy with the paint quality on all three. Have had this Quest for around 2 years, never drive it on gravel and am very careful in parking lots but the paint literally is falling off the car. Approximately 2 dozen paint chips on hood already from just everyday use. Carefully washing in manual car wash and large piece of paint fell off with no satisfaction from dealer. Think strongly about this when considering buying a Quest.

Quests are great!
By C. Evans on 06/07/06 21:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Quest has been a smooth, comfortable driving experience under most circumstances. It does not handle well in wet/snowy road conditions (and I KNOW how to drive in the snow...in a van even) and has a few issues with side doors opening in extreme weather conditions (below -25 and also above 105). They were recalled and fixed but we still experience the problem. Always make sure side doors are closed before switching gears. Other than that, the interior design is great, every seat has a perfect ride! Very quiet road noise and very quiet body with no squeaking too and excellent options make this van a perfect fit for large young families.