Used 2004 Nissan Quest Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

My first Disappointment in Nissan
By Killian Tools

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've worked and owned several Nissans. This is by far the worst one I've had. At 67000 I had to have the Alternator replaced ($672.00) Now at 87000 the timing chain is rattling / pecking. Cost of repair $1104.63 I've put over 200,000 miles on my altima.

Favorite Features

Styling

Suggested Improvements

Interior Trim.

Good so far, hope to stay that way.
By Cappy

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van is in great shape! Driving on the highway you don't even realize you are going 80 mph sometimes. My wife agrees that it is a smooth ride. Have 3 kids one on the way and needed the room from the 07 toyota car that we had. So far the kids love the DVD, the skyview roofs above them and the fact that we can get the infant car seat in and get the kids on easily is awesome. I'd rather spend the money on a Sports car as it is a buyers market, but as a mini-van dad, this has been a purchase I don't mind running to the ground.

Favorite Features

Dual power sliding doors, turning radius, controls on the steering wheel and the leather options (eg. heated and memory). The drive is smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan should offer more warranty for such a promising mini-van.

04 Quest SE Pleasure to Drive
By Robert Simon

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this vehicle used with only 25k miles. We have had no major problems mechanically other than a hairline crack in catalytic converter weld unknown cause. Caused Nissan a headache but got us new sensors, fuel injectors, new computer and assorted other fuel savings goodies. We love the entertainment features, navigation system (other than expensive to update it) but other than the Low Tire Pressure Sensor going off when the temp changes more than 10 degrees but its not a big deal once you turn the alarm off and you don't have a real flat. We have driven it from east coast to texas to nevada and back to texas and it drove great and smooth. Nice body style and roomy inside.

Favorite Features

Entertainment system, navigation system, passenger capacity (drove 7 people with bags to cruise dock, and everything fit, didn't need to leave the kids at home...grin). Rides very well.

Suggested Improvements

fix tire pressure sensor alarm with temp changes. I must max tire pressure to accommodate cold weather here in texas. Its too heavy for getting really good gas milage. I average 22.7 highway and 17.1 local under 10 miles.

Great/Wonderful Vehicle!!!
By Love this vehicle!!!

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We had an 04 Quest. Loved it. Thought since we loved it so much we would just upgrade what kind of change could they make that would make me not like it since I love this one. Hate the 07 by the way. The 04 was much more spacious, more storage, better quality of things, way better gas mileage. This was the best vehicle I have ever bought. I wish I had never traded it in. If looking to get one, do they are great. We never had any issues with ours. It was perfect we were just looking to upgrade and shouldn't have!! THE 2004 Nissan Quest is a wonderful vehicle!!!

Favorite Features

Everything we never had an issue about it. The middle console between driver and passanger was small enough to fit through if needed to attend to the kidos, the seating was great, gas mileage was great, the gauges in the middle were the best thing ever wish they all were like that still. JUST GREAT!

Suggested Improvements

No improvements we loved that vehicle so much we wish we wouldn't have gotten rid of it now

Worst car ever
By soccermom

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Everything about the 04 Nissan quest has been a disaster. The brakes go bad quickly, the windshield wiper just stopped working one day, the interior features (ceiling lights) just fall off when the doors are closed, the seats are coming apart, esp the back seats with the skirts, the tailgate door handle fell off, the compression stick in the tailgate door fell off, the radio never gets good reception... and on and on. I don't have enough characters remaining to list all the problems!!

Suggested Improvements

everything!