Used 2004 Nissan Quest Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

200,000 Miles and NO PROBLEMS!!
By love the van

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just rolled over 200,000 miles on my Quest and no problems. Squeaks a little. Sunroof leaks in a hard Florida rain. But this van has never had anything but 1 battery, several tires, and one brake job. I am so pleased that it has been so reliable! This van is powerful and fast! Every other car I have owned had problems by 75,000 miles. This thing still runs as smooth as the day I bought it. A/C control design takes forever to adjust. Center console did not last long, the powder finish disintegrated and it just looks horrible but is very expensive to replace. Huge and comfy interior. I have had none of the mechanical or interior problems mentioned?? I have 3 kids and use the van A LOT!!

The 200,000 miles with no repairs!! Very fast and powerful engine. I surprise road hogs when I pass them in a minivan and they are gunning it. They don't stand a chance!!

A/C controls are absolutely horrible. take forever to adjust and are not user friendly. i understand them but persons who borrow my car cant figure them out. the powder coated center console needs to go. it does not last.

My first Disappointment in Nissan
By Killian Tools

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've worked and owned several Nissans. This is by far the worst one I've had. At 67000 I had to have the Alternator replaced ($672.00) Now at 87000 the timing chain is rattling / pecking. Cost of repair $1104.63 I've put over 200,000 miles on my altima.

Styling

Interior Trim.

Good so far, hope to stay that way.
By Cappy

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van is in great shape! Driving on the highway you don't even realize you are going 80 mph sometimes. My wife agrees that it is a smooth ride. Have 3 kids one on the way and needed the room from the 07 toyota car that we had. So far the kids love the DVD, the skyview roofs above them and the fact that we can get the infant car seat in and get the kids on easily is awesome. I'd rather spend the money on a Sports car as it is a buyers market, but as a mini-van dad, this has been a purchase I don't mind running to the ground.

Dual power sliding doors, turning radius, controls on the steering wheel and the leather options (eg. heated and memory). The drive is smooth.

Nissan should offer more warranty for such a promising mini-van.

04 Quest SE Pleasure to Drive
By Robert Simon

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this vehicle used with only 25k miles. We have had no major problems mechanically other than a hairline crack in catalytic converter weld unknown cause. Caused Nissan a headache but got us new sensors, fuel injectors, new computer and assorted other fuel savings goodies. We love the entertainment features, navigation system (other than expensive to update it) but other than the Low Tire Pressure Sensor going off when the temp changes more than 10 degrees but its not a big deal once you turn the alarm off and you don't have a real flat. We have driven it from east coast to texas to nevada and back to texas and it drove great and smooth. Nice body style and roomy inside.

Entertainment system, navigation system, passenger capacity (drove 7 people with bags to cruise dock, and everything fit, didn't need to leave the kids at home...grin). Rides very well.

fix tire pressure sensor alarm with temp changes. I must max tire pressure to accommodate cold weather here in texas. Its too heavy for getting really good gas milage. I average 22.7 highway and 17.1 local under 10 miles.

Great/Wonderful Vehicle!!!
By Love this vehicle!!!

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We had an 04 Quest. Loved it. Thought since we loved it so much we would just upgrade what kind of change could they make that would make me not like it since I love this one. Hate the 07 by the way. The 04 was much more spacious, more storage, better quality of things, way better gas mileage. This was the best vehicle I have ever bought. I wish I had never traded it in. If looking to get one, do they are great. We never had any issues with ours. It was perfect we were just looking to upgrade and shouldn't have!! THE 2004 Nissan Quest is a wonderful vehicle!!!

Everything we never had an issue about it. The middle console between driver and passanger was small enough to fit through if needed to attend to the kidos, the seating was great, gas mileage was great, the gauges in the middle were the best thing ever wish they all were like that still. JUST GREAT!

No improvements we loved that vehicle so much we wish we wouldn't have gotten rid of it now

• SUV