2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
I like this vehicle very much
By Thomas J. Russo on 02/24/07 06:32 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

the vehicle is very unique and has a very good performance as well as very functional. I like its looks as well as its price value.

I Love This Van
By Rick on 02/23/07 13:25 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I remember first seeing this van at the Cleveland Auto Show as a concept vehicle. My wife and I loved its looks and could not wait for it to come out. In the summer of 2003 when my previous Quest lease was up, I shopped around and bought this van. OK, to be honest, being a first year model, there were some quirky recalls and as well as some rattles. We had to go back to the dealer several times to get things fixed, but because of all the trouble, Nissan extended the warranty to a full 5 years. How many companies would do that! Anyway, I love the power, the comfort, the size, the ride and I do love the pod and the location of the instrument panel. This has been a great van!

Will Never buy another Nissan
By JAM on 11/07/06 11:20 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The van drives nice and is a comfortable ride. Have had a lot of problems. Engine power problems, door leaks, gas gauge not working, etc. Every time we take it to the dealership for repairs, they cannot find the problem. I am told that they will not fix the problem unless they can duplicate it. Bad service policy. They also never can find any error codes on the computer. On my American cars, the mechanics can always find error codes telling them the problems. I have no faith in the Nissan technology or service structure. I will never buy another Nissan.

2004 nissan nxtgen
By quest 04 on 09/27/06 10:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

seats are not comfortble. rattling in roof, rear windows when open. had to have front rotors turned to prevent ongoing vibration at my cost - should be nissan's cost. front panel under engine fell off - not properly fastened. vehicle sold with outdated navigation system. had to purchase new version for $199.00 van is too long could be more compact

should be called TITAN
By grnii627 on 09/07/06 10:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Formerly owned three large suv ( ford/lincoln)... none had the superior cargo space, moviing space or body room. Nissan is a pioneer in the minivan family owned industry, amazing design and options all parent and child friendly. Will purchase again, no question.

Earlier models may have some problems
By Jessica Jordan on 09/04/06 16:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love to drive the car- very fun. Have had numerous little problems with the car. Linking sun roof, exhast problems- all have been covered under the warrenty but not what a would expect after paying so much for a new car. Hopefully Nissan worked out these problems with the later models.

All I Asked For
By Warteman on 08/24/06 10:10 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We could not have asked for more out of the car. It has not been back to the dealer, except for re-call items and tires. My only complaint were the tires and they had to be replaced within two weeks, because they were not round and could not be balanced. I travel alot of highway miles and we average 25 highway all the time and 21 local.

LEMON
By DEBORAH FABRY on 08/22/06 07:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had so much trouble with this van. The first week I had it the sliding door jam. I pulled it and the cable broke and scaratched my side panel. had to be repainted and door put back on. Tire sensors keep going out have 2 more out now.. glove department door hinge broke. I took back twice for the air bag said was off when someone was sitting in front seat, rubber gasket came off around back door. hinge that held up trunk broke [hit me in the head]. i have had lots of new cars and i spend a lot of time at the dealership very unhappy

Reliability????
By Dan on 08/13/06 06:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had this van for 3 years. Biggest complaint are tires. Nissan corporate gives you the runaround when you try to call in & complain about the substandard tire wear. Corporate tells you it's a tire manufacturer problem & to call the tire manufacturer. DO NOT BUT THAT LINE FROM CORPORATE!!! They are the ones who send out the specs for tires to the tire folks. Averaging only 20K to 30K 'til tire replace. We're on our 5th pair of tires with only 41K miles on it. Had a complete brake job at 30K miles. CD was stuck in the CD player. Slider door seals keep detaching. Lower engine cover keeps falling off. Van sits too low to the ground. Overall maintenance & reliability are very, very poor

Wish I'd Waited for 2007...
By Nissan Lover on 07/31/06 17:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Sleek look, powerful, smooth--and handles like a sportscar (not kidding)... Too bad they ruined it with the instrument pod... It's such a quiet ride---until you turn on the heater or air conditioner... Even with the blower in the "1" position--the cabin fills with noise! I must not be the only one with this complaint-- because Nissan listened, and has redesigned the dash in the new 2007... I only wish I had waited--because there isn't a better powertrain out there...