Used 2004 Nissan Quest Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Starting Problems
By Gail

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Frequently this vehicle won't start in the AM. I have taken it to the dealer repeatedly and they claim they can't replicate the problem. I overhead some mechanics discussing that this is a common customer complaint with this vehicle, but when I questioned them on the comment, everyone denied having said it.

Roomy, I have 4 boys and lots of sports gear.

Rattle Trap
By notsogreat

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Compared to our2001 Expedition, it is much easier to get the children in and out of the vehicle. Power is good, gas mileage averages 17 MPG - not good. Ride is fine in the city. There is significant wind noise on highway at speeds above 65 mph - very annoying. One of the primary reasons for purchase was the ease of entry through the sliding doors.Car has been back to the dealership 6 times since 12/03 for rattling passenger doors. It is no minor rattle! It will drive you nuts. This is not the only rattle. Hit a small bump, the rest of the car rattles as well. This was our first Nissan,and it will be our last.

DVD, automatic opening rear hatch,

Improve Gas mileage,fix the annoying rattles,

my 2004 nissan quest
By vtrahms

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i love my new quest. It rides very smoothly. I love the interior design of the vehicle for it's unique style. The Quest has been equipped with many interior tools for convenience like the hooks for hanging things and compartments for storage. Beign able to fold down the seats is definitely much easier on me. We used to have to carry out the seats in our old minivan, but not anymore. With kids, being able to power open the doors is a bonus. I have had this vehicle now for 6 months and I am still enjoying every diving moment of it.

The power doors and hatch is a favorite and so is the ability to fold down all the seat.

Maybe the location of the CD player could be re-design as it can be visually hard to see the CD slot.

love my van
By dianne

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the best purchase i have ever made. It is roomy enough for my grandchildren and my two poodles everywhere i go. The features are very neat and easy to work. I like that the seats go down to floor level. Even i get to enjoy the dvd player if someone else is driving. There's enough luggage room since the back compartment drops down about 1foot. Even once the grandchildren are gone i will always go with a van. and as long as Nissan continues to make them as great as this one, i will continue to purchase them. Thanks Nissan

DVD player. All of the needed meters are located on the panel in the middle of the vans dashbooard. Great Idea!!!!!

Cup holders in the front are always an issue. Your holder holds onto the cups to hard, when you try to pick it up, there is such a grip that i have dropped it a few times. Nothing major.

Great Minivan!
By Mike in Atlanta

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just picked up our loaded 2004 Quest SE this weekend. So far no problems at all. My wife will need to get used to the center instruments, but it's not that big of a deal once you drive it for a day or so. We traded in a Suburban for this van - we have 5 kids so we need lots of room! I love the folding seats - for us it was either this van or the Chrysler T&C. The Quest's center shoulder belt in the 3rd row and it's huge cool factor closed the deal!

Love the styling and number of features for the money. Plenty of safety items as well as conveniences - the fold down seats are a must!

Have the center guages angled a little more towards the driver. They're easy to see now, but a little more angle couldn't hurt. Speed up the power doors on the sides - too slow.