2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
STAY AWAY FROM THIS VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By JA on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After buying this vehicle I started having problems with it. There was a leak coming out of the sunglass holder anytime that it rained. After 3 times at the dealership they still haven't found the source of the problem. Both sliding doors are still rattling even after the recall. This vehicle looks nice but Nissan has to get off there butt and take care of all the problems before they start selling them to the public. I'M GETTING MY QUEST BACK FROM THE DEALERSHIP TODAY AND TRADING IT IN TOMORROW FOR A FORD SUV. DON'T BUY THIS VEHICLE EVEN IF IT IS THE LAST ONE ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Engine Problems
By Sheila Whitley on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love everything about the van except several engine noises. When the air conditioner is on, there is an annoying sound. When I accelerate, there is a cricket sound that lasts about 15 - 20 seconds. It makes this sound at any speed when accelerating once you've leveled off. There is also a motor noise when I am going up an incline and between 65 -70 mph. If I stay exactly below or above, you cannot hear it. When going up the incline you can acutally feel a vibration. Everyone who rides with me wants to know what is wrong with my car. The noise is very annoying when traveling long distances. What is going on? Oh yea, gas mileage not as great as I thought it would be.

Daily Quest
By ben flores on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I give the Quest 2004 a 9 out of 10. I've driven its 2 major competitors,Sienna and Oddysey, and I favor the Quest for its power, stability and style. It drives like a car and can make turns very easily unlike the Oddysey which can only make wide turns. On the other hand, Sienna is a much quieter ride but it lacks the power of the Quest which a car enthusiast like me looks for. The Quest engine roars smoothly as you accelerate and shifts like a sports car. One downside I observe is the glare on the dashboard and the "hard to learn" controls of the front console. The interior design is both unique and futuristic which makes the Nissan Quest on top of its competitors.

Awesome!
By MShernandez on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Quest looks radical and is totally different from the competition. The skyview roof is awesome and viewing the sky thru the roof panels, make the interior feel very open and spacious. It handles beautifully. I gave up my SUV for this, and I made the right choice!

Another Lemon
By tiffster on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had nothing but problems with this van. We have started the process of filing lemon law on ours and if that doesn't work we are going to suck it up and loose money by trading it in for a vehicle that hopefully is manufactured better than this one. It is a rattle trap and no one can fix it yet. Problems are too many to list in 700 characters allowed here. Just save yourself the heartache and trouble that I am experiencing and DO NOT BUY A QUEST!!!

THE HAZARDS OF THIS VAN!
By TENNESSEENONNA on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

RE: NEW VAN! AFTER PURCHING THE FIRST VAN, IT BROKE DOWN- DEALERSHIP COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO FIX IT SO-GOT A DIFFERENT ONE- HAS BEEN BREAKING DOWN WITHOUT ANYONE BEING ABLE TO FIGURE OUT WHY! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE SAFE WAY TO TRAVEL WITH MY GRANDCHILDREN!!! NOW I HATE TO SEE MY GRANDCHILDREN IN THIS VAN! AM TERRIBLY WORRIED! THIS IS SO UNSAFE! LOOKS GREAT, AND IS GREAT TO DRIVE- UNLESS IT IS ON THE SIDE OF THE INTERSTA-W/O POWER OR AT THE DEALERSHIP & THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT! AFTER HAVING 2 OF THESE VANS WITH MAJOR PROBLEMS - DANGEROUS PROBLEMS I AM SORRY THAT BOTH OF MY CHILDREN BOUGHT THEM! AND WISH THEY HAD STAYED WITH THE TRIED AND TRUE AMERICAN VERSIONS! WHAT NOW??

2004 Nissan Quest
By lanyyfan on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Over all the performance and reliablity of the vehicle is outstanding. However, I have experience minor electrical problem with the sun roof and tire pressure gage sencer.

Buy the Quest and Forget the Rest!
By Buddy and Soul on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This the second Quest I bought. That tells you something. Not to waste alot of time but I checked the others out like many people did. Same story. The Quest was the best! I have purchased many new cars since I bought my first one in 1969 and this is by far the best vehicle I have owned. The dealership had alot to do with it also. I have purchased 8 cars from them since 1998. My 4 yr old loves it and one of the reasons I got it was that it has the curtain air bags all the way to the 3rd row. The Quest is a very safe vehicle. I would not let my son ride in one that was not. Buy it, buy another! I love the sunroof and he loves the back top glass. Best ride, service and warranty! Great stereo!

My Quest
By WallyS on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Quest that I have owned. My other one was 99 and this one has it beat by a mile. It took no time at all to get use to the new features.

Love my Big Baby Blue Buggy
By Pat Hightower on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We were searching for a mid-size mini-van that would seat 6 comfortably for travel. The Quest was the answer --and there was a baby blue in stock --my favorite color. Although I had just had my Honda serviced ($250) one hour before, when I saw the Quest and drove it, my mind was made up. I have not been disappointed! Have made several trips with daughter and family. Plenty of room for all and our luggage and portable refrigerator! My six year old grandson gave it the name B4 (see title of review.) In the past I have owned several cars, including a red Jaguar X12 convertible --and the B4 is still my favorite!