Used 2004 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Disappointing Reliability
By Unhappy ex-owner

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very disappointing reliability, just over 60,000/5 yer drive train warranty, required new front wheel bearings, the one month later a new timing chain was needed. Timing chain is supposed to last life of engine. Is a $2,500 service job. Nissan would not cover, decided to trade in. Be very wary if purchasing a used 2004 Quest van if the timing chains have not been replaced yet. Nissan is aware of problem, issues a tech bulletin 1 year ago, but no recall. If buying a newer year, make sure you bring it in for service if engine ever makes a whining sound before warranty is up. I had planned on keeping it more than 5 years and 60,700 miles but could not see spending an additional $2,500 now.

Great performance and ride for a van. Very comfortable for traveling long distances. Nice style inside and out, sky-view roof was very nice feature. Kids all loved it.

Replace timing chains with something that is less costly to maintain or build better quality with components that support the chains. They need better quality control for the long term owner. Its fine if you trade in every 2 or 3 years under warranty.

Happy with the van
By dlb333

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have been happy overall with this van. I love the interior design, especially the center console. The car continues to drive well and has been very reliable. Handling is good. It is comfortable to drive on the highway. One drawback, backing up and parking are both difficult. Material- wise, I like it but have a few complaints. First of all, the water temp and gas gauges are poorly lit and have poor graphics. Second, I am not happy with the coating on the center console which has worn off in places and in others has become dirty and can't be cleaned. We have had a couple of minor electrical problems with console lights going out, but not a big deal. Overall it was a good deal.

Interior/Exterior design. Gas mileage, handling, reliability.

Better gas gauge, better console material, deal with the console electrical problems.

Very Good Van
By Serge

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I]ve bought Quest 2004 after two another NISSANs. I was impressed of it's exterior design. After driving it for more than 4 years I can say: It is great van. Its fixtures really gives me more than BMW or Mercedes, especially turn side lights, tire pressure sensors, and great powerful engine, one of the best engines at all to that time. Excellent interior space, wide side doors and more - this is an additional fixtures which keeps me a lover of this car. I'd have the only real problem due the first year - fuel pump. Later you can find front breaks problem every 7- 10K miles - vibration which cause of the very heavy car for this disks, but NISSAN resurfaced it under factory warranty.

Exterior. Engine.

Front brakes, ventilation (hot air comes in even you put it to cool when engine is hot), turning radius too big.

'04 Nissan Quest - Better than Ever
By Quint

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best Quest we've owned, The other two were great, we had a 1999, and a 2002; my wife who is disabled loved the ease of entry and drivability of the others, she had only driven four door Ford sedans prior to those two vans. She absolutely loves this one to the extent she does not want a new one as she used to do every 2 or 3 yrs. Oh I should probably mention that she started driving at the age of 48 14yrs ago.

All power doors; Power seats heated front seats,that are fully adjustable. The scenic roof sections for the back two rows. Last the deep well that holds her light weight wheel chair.

Power folding 3rd rear seats. Yes there should be two (a one third, two thirds split) And go back to the center cowl instrument panel.

200,000 Miles and NO PROBLEMS!!
By love the van

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just rolled over 200,000 miles on my Quest and no problems. Squeaks a little. Sunroof leaks in a hard Florida rain. But this van has never had anything but 1 battery, several tires, and one brake job. I am so pleased that it has been so reliable! This van is powerful and fast! Every other car I have owned had problems by 75,000 miles. This thing still runs as smooth as the day I bought it. A/C control design takes forever to adjust. Center console did not last long, the powder finish disintegrated and it just looks horrible but is very expensive to replace. Huge and comfy interior. I have had none of the mechanical or interior problems mentioned?? I have 3 kids and use the van A LOT!!

The 200,000 miles with no repairs!! Very fast and powerful engine. I surprise road hogs when I pass them in a minivan and they are gunning it. They don't stand a chance!!

A/C controls are absolutely horrible. take forever to adjust and are not user friendly. i understand them but persons who borrow my car cant figure them out. the powder coated center console needs to go. it does not last.