2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
A dude in a minivan
By the Mr. on 08/14/07 13:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I did not want a minivan despite my wife's request until I found the Quest! Suspension is tight with a powerful engine and has great external design. I enjoy driving it and don't mind being seen in it. No mechanical probs in past 3 yrs. It gets 20 mpg regularly despite its weight and power. On our 4 hour drive up north for vacation my wife and I were talking about what a good decision we made to buy this vehicle 3 yrs ago.

Look for another van
By logan19 on 08/07/07 11:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We got this van because it didn't look like your typical minivan. I should have done more research. First of all I have had to replace both sets of brakes twice with only 52,000 miles. My mechanic told me that they would have to be replaced every 20,000 miles. The van is very heavy. After needing new tires, I found out that Goodyear is the only one who makes this size tire. So I had to buy them. The tire pressure indicator goes off when the outside temp drops below 70 degrees. The dealer tells me there is nothing wrong with it and just resets it. So I am in there within a week doing the same thing. I will never know when I flat tire. I am now looking at the Hondas.

Still better than most minivans
By Just Jay on 08/01/07 20:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The wife loves the van. I think if it were totaled, she would still try to have it rebuilt! This from a family that said we would "NEVER own a minivan." Then 8 months of pregnancy happened. It has been a very good van overall. She is more impressed than I, but I don't mind driving it. I always tell the other guys who tease that it has the Maxima V6 and that seems to smooth a few over. We had problems right out of the gate with a new model in its first year, but Nissan backed us up 100% and even extended our factory warranty until 5 years or 60,000 miles without us asking! The wife loves the gauges over the A/C and radio with the storage over the wheel.

Will keep it FOREVER
By Quest Queen on 07/27/07 17:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A family must have! A large family is all in and out in no time. Open all the doors and roll the windows down from your house with remote and let it cool out. Very spacious, easy to flip seats all down. It is truly a luxury van. Has such great pickup and horsepower. I have peace of mind knowing that my family is safe with so many safety features. The spare tire is very convenient to get to and the full size tire can be put back in easily. Feel like a queen driving it.

A huge disappointment!
By ladylawyer1968 on 06/12/07 08:15 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has had more problems than any vehicle we have ever owned. All the recalls, rear door motor had to be replaced, rattles in doors "fixed" numerous times, automatic sliding door reverses for no reason, both sliding doors have rubbed over rear wheel well causing paint to be scratched, fixed once, but doing it again, getting it fixed has been a nightmare. Most recently, automatic driver's seat was leaned back to reach something and now will not move forward, switch is dead, creating a major safety issue. Nissan's answer? Drive the 80+ miles to the dealership with the seat back in an unsafe position. Horrible gas mileage. Nissan U.S. no help. Shame on you Nissan.

If you have to drive a minivan...
By Cincinnati on 05/04/07 11:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The hipster parent's minivan. It's fast, solid, safe and doesn't look like a refrigerator like all the other minivans. The Quest has been drop-dead reliable - never an issue, though I welcomed it when Nissan extended the factory warranty to 6 full years. Do replace the stock Goodyears though - those were terrible in the rain and wore quickly. The funky dash works better than the new version since the speedometer is closer to the windshield. With the new dash you have to drop your vision to below the top of the steering wheel like on every other van. The Bose stereo is outstanding and the huge side door makes loading toddlers a breeze.

Nissan Quest 2004
By Matt Ferdock on 04/25/07 07:52 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are lifelong Nissan customers, but after this car we are switching. The problems we've had include 2 new sets of tires in 50,000 miles, wheel alignments every other time we change the oil, leaking roof, leaking driver and passenger door seals, left front wheel clunks when turning hard left and the car "floats" when it's loaded down. This last issue is particularly troubling because when the car has 4 men in it and suitcases, it does not handle the road well. Turns and bumps cause it to fishtail and you truly feel like the car is floating. Very disappointing.

The pros way outweigh the cons
By Schnurr on 03/06/07 13:46 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We love this van! It looks great - it has great mid range acceleration. There is not an onramp made that it doesn't love!!! Awesome highway performance and great fuel economy - 28 mpg on a fast long distance road trip.

The right rear door
By Mardi on 02/27/07 08:28 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In two months my car has been back 4 times for the same right rear door problem. It intermittently decides to not latch, leaving the door to slide front and back while driving. Very unreliable after 3 years of a good relationship.

Nissan admits 04 Quest a "Problem" car
By augcomm9 on 02/24/07 07:16 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had nothing but problems with our 04 Quest SE. 2.5 years later and Nissan has finally admitted to us (sales and service people) that the 04 Quest has had many problems with their electrical and drive motors for several of the amenities (auto open side doors and hatch, heating system, etc.). Nissan corporate will do nothing for us even though we have written many letters and made many phone calls to both teh corportae level as well as the Smithtown Long Island store where we bought the car. Smithtown also cheated us when purchasing the car buy out and out lying about several factors. We have proof but no one will listen from Nissan. I was a loyal Nissan driver, but no longer.