Used 2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

LEMON
By DEBORAH FABRY

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had so much trouble with this van. The first week I had it the sliding door jam. I pulled it and the cable broke and scaratched my side panel. had to be repainted and door put back on. Tire sensors keep going out have 2 more out now.. glove department door hinge broke. I took back twice for the air bag said was off when someone was sitting in front seat, rubber gasket came off around back door. hinge that held up trunk broke [hit me in the head]. i have had lots of new cars and i spend a lot of time at the dealership very unhappy

Favorite Features

great to travel on vacation

Reliability????
By Dan

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had this van for 3 years. Biggest complaint are tires. Nissan corporate gives you the runaround when you try to call in & complain about the substandard tire wear. Corporate tells you it's a tire manufacturer problem & to call the tire manufacturer. DO NOT BUT THAT LINE FROM CORPORATE!!! They are the ones who send out the specs for tires to the tire folks. Averaging only 20K to 30K 'til tire replace. We're on our 5th pair of tires with only 41K miles on it. Had a complete brake job at 30K miles. CD was stuck in the CD player. Slider door seals keep detaching. Lower engine cover keeps falling off. Van sits too low to the ground. Overall maintenance & reliability are very, very poor

Favorite Features

Center Console

Suggested Improvements

Need different size tires. Brakes, interior & exterior trim fit & finish. Better fuel mileage. Higher ground clearance

Wish I'd Waited for 2007...
By Nissan Lover

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Sleek look, powerful, smooth--and handles like a sportscar (not kidding)... Too bad they ruined it with the instrument pod... It's such a quiet ride---until you turn on the heater or air conditioner... Even with the blower in the "1" position--the cabin fills with noise! I must not be the only one with this complaint-- because Nissan listened, and has redesigned the dash in the new 2007... I only wish I had waited--because there isn't a better powertrain out there...

Favorite Features

Great ride, powerful/smooth acceleration... Sleek design... Great engine and transmission... and the kids love the DVD and wireless headphones... and I've really come to appreciate the powered rear lift gate...

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the instrument "pod"... Quiet the heater fan... Both front doors "stick"... Also, one of the seatbacks fell off (required a new part), and one of the headrest mounting holes broke in the first week...

Keep looking
By Bill

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I owned the quest for 28 months. During this time I put 35k miles on it. It has been back to the dealer for the following, drivers window stuck open, transmission stuck in 2nd, a/c failure, Rattling (Seats, Doors, Windows), various recalls, exhaust leak, doors not closing, engine light, no sound from radio, loose interior trim , excessive paint chipping. The last time I brought it in they told me they needed to remove the dash to trace a wiring problem in the a/c. In the past I have called nissan directly, they claim to open a file, but I never heard from them. Today I traded it in for a Honda. It got to a point where I was living with the problems until I had a list of things to be repaired at onc

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, performance,

Suggested Improvements

Acknowledge its shortcomings, improve reliability, take care of the customers who are know stuck with them!

Good Luck
By BDuece

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for 2 1/2 years. Pros, Good handling, power, average 19 mpg, lots of room, exterior styling. Cons, The paint scratches and chips easily, slightly high road noise on than Highway, Relaibilty/quality is bad. Interior trim pieces come unsnaped often, Ac has been repaired 5 times. The clock is always fast. Computer is quirky, doors need to be realigned or adjusted frequently. Its had at least 6 recalls, doors rattle, strang vibration noises. etc. Service rep stated," we have had issues with these vehicles" Its at the dealership being repaired often. Nissan does little when you call in concerns?

Favorite Features

Styling, rear seating, fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Make it reliable. Fit and finish needs work. Sinny rims, Middle rows seats that fold completely flat. Less briddle paint. Sl model comes with a complete roof rack, I never understood what the use of 1/2 of a roof rack would be good for.