2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Like it
By DHORTON on 06/05/05 17:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We definitely like this minivan. I also have a chrysler town and country limited, 1999. The nissan has more interior room and the access is great. Wish it had more insulation to give a more solid feel and sound. We tested toyota and honda before buying. Overall the nissan was the winner.

Happy with Quest but it has Issues
By NJQuest on 06/03/05 17:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2004 Quest is a long distance dream but it has issues that Nissan should have corrected. 1) Brakes wear out TOO fast. I have replaced both the Front (15K) and the Rear (20K). 2) The rear seat rattles (fixed) 3) The door where repaired for a recall and had to be repaired again. 4) The fuel economy is around 16.5 MPG City and 20.1 MPG Highway (Long Distance runs NJ to FL). 5) My Radio was problematical after my LoJack was install and had to be replace by the dealer (only took eight months). On the Plus side. 1) It's roomy! 2) The DVD player keeps the kids quiet! 3) Can swallow anthing I want to transport. 4) Fun to drive. Great for those long trips.

No Problems
By dlkoenig on 05/26/05 15:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After over one year of driving the Nissan Quest we are completely satisfied with this vehicle. It meets all of our needs perfectly. We have four children from 2 to 14 years of age and it hauls us around with lots of room. It is easy to care for and clean. The kids love and we love it even more. It has so many practical features, is well thought out and designed. From the back up sonar to the power rear hatch to the folding seats that interchange easily it is the best . Best of all we have had no problems with this vehicle. Thanks Nissan for a great Miniivan.

Disappointing
By Disappointing Quest on 05/16/05 12:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The new Quest looks great for a minivan but overall quality is disappointing. Interior features fell cheap and we had to replace some interior seat parts within a few months of ownership. Rear lift gate power strut broke, transmission gets stuck in 2nd gear, gas gauge stays on empty after filling up, nothing major yet but just lots of annoyances.

Happy Owner
By Dan on 05/12/05 12:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I originally intended to purchase the Toyota Sienna, but after checking out the Quest, I changed my mind. The style and price convinced me. There was a noise from the rear seat area when the car had six passengers, but my dealership fixed it with a new latching system. Mileage has been as advertised and the center console is great. Have had no quality complaints with the Nissans I have owned.

Improvements needed
By pmich on 01/01/05 16:23 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We test drove many minivans on the market before buying our Quest. The space was one of the main reasons we chose it. We love our Quest on trips with our 3 kids. The performance of the car is top notch. auto sliding doors are a problem in the winter. Ours wouldn't shut because it froze. Dealers are not properly trained in how to service vehicle. I am one of the fortunate one's who's door stopped rattling after recall. The DVD/sound system is great. Love the info center. It didn't take long to get used to. Plan on keeping this vehicle for a while assuming the issues that I've read about don't occur on this one.

Nice Looking but Poor Quality
By bdunk on 12/23/04 10:57 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The quality of this car is horrible. Sliding doors rattle constantly. The car has been to the dealership for numerous recalls and fixes (at least 2 weeks). The dealer offered a "Spam Can" (Nissan Sentra)as lender while car was being fixed and this is unacceptable. I will never buy a Nissan again. The extended warranty that was recently appended to this lemon of a car was nice but I would rather buy a Honda Odysey or Toyota Sienna and I would suggest you test drive each before making a final decision. In addition, don't be fooled by the posted Fuel Economy Rating (20+). I'm averaging 15mpg.

Excellent Vehicle!!
By SPJ on 12/17/04 22:11 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great van, I don't quite understand all the negative reviews. Great design, comfort (we got the cloth seats as they felt better than the leather!), performance and room. We had a Toyota Sequoia but wanted to get back to a "car-feel" vehicle. The Quest has as much room as the Sequoia and neat design features such as the SkyView roof, "Podium" style center stack controls, heated seats, and great engine. Save money vs. the Sienna or Odyssey which are great vans but this Quest beats them by far in having a much cooler design. I am 6'1" and love the adjustable pedals (which I thought only Ford had). We are very pleased!!

I hope this Nissan I know
By marklea on 11/28/04 10:32 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nissan did a nice job in concept of this van. Radical exterior look, roomy lay out of interior, functional features. The reason I personally bought this van was for my personal track record with the 3.5 engine and overall Nissan reliablity. I have owned other Nissans and interior appointments have not always been A+, but Nissan cars look good,perform with a sporty edge, and most importantly are reliable. So far I am somewhat concerned based on what I read in other reviews. I have had a few quality issues in first 2 months, trim falling off, rear heater not function, ash tray compartment not fit etc. Nothing major though. Extended warranty helps though

Everything I Expected
By Content_Quest_Owner on 11/10/04 00:30 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I compared several of the leading minivans before buying our Quest. The engine/transmission performance was a major selling point. We also preferred the handling of the Quest over its competitors. The overall styling is superb inside and out. While the centered speedometer is different, glancing at the speedometer became as natural as glancing at the rear-view mirror. The turning radius is larger than my saturn which made navigating in parking lots a challenge. The gas mileage is reasonable for a vehicle of this size. It is more roomy than its competitors. We really like the power rear hatch and side door. The stereo also produces great sound.