2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Buy Honda or Toyota
By Bill on 06/21/06 08:42 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Quest was the most unique minivan when we purchased it. In retrospect, we should have gone with a Honda or Toyota. We have had problems that one would not equate with Nissan. The end-links on the rear stabilizer somehow self-destructed, the horn fuse continually blows, the original brakes only lasted 27,000 miles. The rear brakes were shot after this period! I've never experienced this in ANY vehicle I have owned of any make! Radio is flakey and just goes mute on its own at times. Transmission has gotten stuck in one gear and required me to stop the car, shut it off and restart it. I planned on keeping this vehicle for a long time but now I'm not so sure.

Looks great -too stylish to be practical
By croon3 on 05/06/06 18:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Best looking minivan out there, but rattles like a 6 yr old Chevy van. Engine is racy, but interior is not family friendly. Whoever chose light dove grey for an interior color doesn't have kids! Front end shakes and will need realignment often - factory defect, but dealer won't fix. Plastic and hard to clean interior, rattles all over place-think twice before buying! Looks better than all others, but not practical!

Almost a Lemon
By Dave D on 03/23/06 12:03 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned the Quest for a year and a half and in that time have had it back to the dealership for repairs/warranties/recalls/service about 15 times. Within the first month of owning the Quest, I noticed rattling noises, wind coming from the rear doors, and other "small things" that seemed much worse becasue they only added to the overall total of complaints I began to have. Couple this with the passenger side mirror needing to be replaced, rear defogger unit replaced, doors adjusted, sensors tweeked, and the kicker, the alternator and battery dying in the middle of January in Minnesota away from home, and you can see why I must say this is the absolute worst vehicle I have ever owned.

Love van but OH the problems
By so-so on 02/14/06 09:07 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Previously owned a Dodge Caravan Sport which had no problems throughout 80k miles. Loved styling of Quest,bought 09/04. Travel freqently and very comfortable on long trips. Dealer service dept. has been great however we have been there to many times. Numerous recalls/service bulletins. transmission not smooth in low gear. All 4 rotors turned twice then finally replaced under warranty. Interior fit and finish not great. Only 35k out of goodyear eagles. Squeaks, wind noise, rattles very bothersome. power window mechanism replaced already. rear hatch pistons replaced already. Exhaust system was rattling upon start up. Wheel studs sheered off almost lost rear wheel on highway.

Re: Back to the drawing board
By soccermom on 01/28/06 01:28 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I purchased a 2004 Quest sl after owning a 2001 odyssey that had its fair share of problems as well, and they were major problems as well transmission. Honda was much better at standing behind thier vehicle. Our quest has had doors checked three times, starter replaced after fighting the dealership after it broke while I was christmas shopping (we had to pay the tow bill Nissan was to refund the money it still hasn`t been done!), And materials in the interior are begining to fall apart the moldings in the rear doors, the heating ventin the passenger`s side in the front, and the engine having problems shifting as it starts out in lower gear.

love my quest
By happy quest owner on 12/29/05 00:20 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second minivan i've ever owned and I love it! I have never had any trouble with it, the quality is great, the looks are superb, and performance is incredible! I have no complaints about my quest and am so happy I purchased it when I was looking to move into a larger vehicle than the one I had been driving. Everyone who has driven my car loves it, and two friends of mine in the market for a mini-van purchased Quests after using mine as their "test drive" van! I would recommend this van to everyone.

Great Mini-Van Purchase
By Hogshead on 11/28/05 12:12 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a good, almost great mini-van. The in town gas milage is a little underpar, but past that I have no complaints except for the dealer. I recently took it on a 1200 mile trip and it was very comfortable to drive for the 10 hours each day I sat in the drivers seat. The kids had tons of room and had no complaints.

Nissan Quest aka A Lemon
By ceevee on 11/07/05 12:35 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this as soon as it was introduced. have about 33k miles so far. Been in dealership for warranty related service, regular service, recalls for 20 times- ~ 35 days. Had replaced wheel bearings and transmission control module already. Replaced door weather stripping, CD/Radio already. Doors and seats rattle all the time. Nissan is not able to fix it so far after 6 attempts. Never seen such a poor quality car. Buy a Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Kia, Ford or GM minivans but never this. In fact I will never buy another Nissan again. Also, customer service dept at Nissan USA is really bad. Soon Nissan will lose all its goodwill and will end up bankrupt negating their amazing financial turnaround.

Great Van! A++
By MGriffin on 10/29/05 14:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got mine as an 04 left over in March of 2005 with 70 miles on it. It has ben a great van so far. Nissan extended the warranty for 04s from 3 to 5 years because of some minor bugs ie doors(which is bound to happen with any new model year)if this tells you about how they stand behind their vehicles. Looked at Honda and Toyota and got a MUCH better deal even if it hadnt been a left over. If your looking for a van definatley take a look at the Quest. The 06 seems to have even more features. If I still find I need a van in a couple years when it's time to trade mine in I will go with the Quest again!

No Complaints - 1st Time Minivan Owner
By Nissan Twingle Mom on 07/16/05 19:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have complaints about my 2004 Nissan Quest. I vowed never to buy a minivan and become a soccer mom. However, with a 15 yr old son who is already 6' tall and 6 yr old twins and the constant sports activities and furnishing of rides to tmy childresn's teammates a larger vehicle became a necessity. I could have chosen an SUV and almost purchased one, however with increasing gas prices and a desire to have a fuel efficient but spacious vehicle, the Quest won the votes of my family hands down. I am more than pleasantly impressed and surprised.