2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Happy with the van
By dlb333 on 04/15/09 09:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have been happy overall with this van. I love the interior design, especially the center console. The car continues to drive well and has been very reliable. Handling is good. It is comfortable to drive on the highway. One drawback, backing up and parking are both difficult. Material- wise, I like it but have a few complaints. First of all, the water temp and gas gauges are poorly lit and have poor graphics. Second, I am not happy with the coating on the center console which has worn off in places and in others has become dirty and can't be cleaned. We have had a couple of minor electrical problems with console lights going out, but not a big deal. Overall it was a good deal.

Very Good Van
By Serge on 04/08/09 22:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I]ve bought Quest 2004 after two another NISSANs. I was impressed of it's exterior design. After driving it for more than 4 years I can say: It is great van. Its fixtures really gives me more than BMW or Mercedes, especially turn side lights, tire pressure sensors, and great powerful engine, one of the best engines at all to that time. Excellent interior space, wide side doors and more - this is an additional fixtures which keeps me a lover of this car. I'd have the only real problem due the first year - fuel pump. Later you can find front breaks problem every 7- 10K miles - vibration which cause of the very heavy car for this disks, but NISSAN resurfaced it under factory warranty.

'04 Nissan Quest - Better than Ever
By Quint on 03/07/09 21:01 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best Quest we've owned, The other two were great, we had a 1999, and a 2002; my wife who is disabled loved the ease of entry and drivability of the others, she had only driven four door Ford sedans prior to those two vans. She absolutely loves this one to the extent she does not want a new one as she used to do every 2 or 3 yrs. Oh I should probably mention that she started driving at the age of 48 14yrs ago.

200,000 Miles and NO PROBLEMS!!
By love the van on 01/17/09 05:26 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just rolled over 200,000 miles on my Quest and no problems. Squeaks a little. Sunroof leaks in a hard Florida rain. But this van has never had anything but 1 battery, several tires, and one brake job. I am so pleased that it has been so reliable! This van is powerful and fast! Every other car I have owned had problems by 75,000 miles. This thing still runs as smooth as the day I bought it. A/C control design takes forever to adjust. Center console did not last long, the powder finish disintegrated and it just looks horrible but is very expensive to replace. Huge and comfy interior. I have had none of the mechanical or interior problems mentioned?? I have 3 kids and use the van A LOT!!

My first Disappointment in Nissan
By Killian Tools on 01/02/09 16:54 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've worked and owned several Nissans. This is by far the worst one I've had. At 67000 I had to have the Alternator replaced ($672.00) Now at 87000 the timing chain is rattling / pecking. Cost of repair $1104.63 I've put over 200,000 miles on my altima.

Good so far, hope to stay that way.
By Cappy on 12/14/08 19:26 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van is in great shape! Driving on the highway you don't even realize you are going 80 mph sometimes. My wife agrees that it is a smooth ride. Have 3 kids one on the way and needed the room from the 07 toyota car that we had. So far the kids love the DVD, the skyview roofs above them and the fact that we can get the infant car seat in and get the kids on easily is awesome. I'd rather spend the money on a Sports car as it is a buyers market, but as a mini-van dad, this has been a purchase I don't mind running to the ground.

04 Quest SE Pleasure to Drive
By Robert Simon on 12/09/08 16:31 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this vehicle used with only 25k miles. We have had no major problems mechanically other than a hairline crack in catalytic converter weld unknown cause. Caused Nissan a headache but got us new sensors, fuel injectors, new computer and assorted other fuel savings goodies. We love the entertainment features, navigation system (other than expensive to update it) but other than the Low Tire Pressure Sensor going off when the temp changes more than 10 degrees but its not a big deal once you turn the alarm off and you don't have a real flat. We have driven it from east coast to texas to nevada and back to texas and it drove great and smooth. Nice body style and roomy inside.

Great/Wonderful Vehicle!!!
By Love this vehicle!!! on 11/03/08 10:11 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We had an 04 Quest. Loved it. Thought since we loved it so much we would just upgrade what kind of change could they make that would make me not like it since I love this one. Hate the 07 by the way. The 04 was much more spacious, more storage, better quality of things, way better gas mileage. This was the best vehicle I have ever bought. I wish I had never traded it in. If looking to get one, do they are great. We never had any issues with ours. It was perfect we were just looking to upgrade and shouldn't have!! THE 2004 Nissan Quest is a wonderful vehicle!!!

Worst car ever
By soccermom on 08/06/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Everything about the 04 Nissan quest has been a disaster. The brakes go bad quickly, the windshield wiper just stopped working one day, the interior features (ceiling lights) just fall off when the doors are closed, the seats are coming apart, esp the back seats with the skirts, the tailgate door handle fell off, the compression stick in the tailgate door fell off, the radio never gets good reception... and on and on. I don't have enough characters remaining to list all the problems!!

"Lemon" I Need Help! Not happy!
By 2004 NISSIAN QUEST on 06/24/08 19:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

From the very beginning of my purchase, I have encountered problems. Electrical disaster. Problems on the dashboard. Had to get tires, brake job. Took to Nissan to replace alternator. Have a whole lot of squeaking in sliding doors and other places. Had some problems with acceleration hesitation. Interior lights & air vents falling out of ceiling. Vibration and ratting problems. Engine smoking and burning oil need a ring job. The warranty will not cover it because of requirement to have all oil changes information on it. We did not get all of our oil changes from them so we need proof of getting them from other establishment so that we can get our motor fix. It has been a nightmare.