Used 2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Love my Quest!
By Val

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my quest online on Ebay and just hoped for the best! I was very, very surprised that the vehicle, considering it was used, ran extremely smooth and quiet. I replaced the tires and did some minor repairs all at a cost of under $1,000.00 and feel that the van will last a very long time. It is not great on gas, but for its' size and weight I can't expect more! I am very surprised at it's comfort and ease of operation. Yes, the controls for the A/C unit are difficult, but taken the time to figure it all out makes it all worthwhile, I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who has a family or who has to haul stuff around. It's a great van!

I particularly enjoy the seating arrangements. The seats are broad and long giving you plenty of room to be very comfortable regardless of your size. The door openings are large and rear legroom is not at all cramped. I am 6'3" and weigh 300 pounds and I can tell you that I am extremely comfortable.

There is very little I would change about the Quest, except maybe give the engine a bit more power. Seems a bit under-powered going up hill, not to say it doesn't make it, just saying it might be nice not to have to bury the gas pedal each time! Leave the body style alone. It looks better than all.

Very Good Van
By Serge

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I]ve bought Quest 2004 after two another NISSANs. I was impressed of it's exterior design. After driving it for more than 4 years I can say: It is great van. Its fixtures really gives me more than BMW or Mercedes, especially turn side lights, tire pressure sensors, and great powerful engine, one of the best engines at all to that time. Excellent interior space, wide side doors and more - this is an additional fixtures which keeps me a lover of this car. I'd have the only real problem due the first year - fuel pump. Later you can find front breaks problem every 7- 10K miles - vibration which cause of the very heavy car for this disks, but NISSAN resurfaced it under factory warranty.

Exterior. Engine.

Front brakes, ventilation (hot air comes in even you put it to cool when engine is hot), turning radius too big.

My first Disappointment in Nissan
By Killian Tools

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've worked and owned several Nissans. This is by far the worst one I've had. At 67000 I had to have the Alternator replaced ($672.00) Now at 87000 the timing chain is rattling / pecking. Cost of repair $1104.63 I've put over 200,000 miles on my altima.

Styling

Interior Trim.

I will never buy Nissan again
By Horrible Van

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the Quest believing that Nissan makes a good product. We were disappointed from the start. The gear lever came off, the seat adjustment came off several times, the door button fell inside the panel, the arm rests won't stay even, the sliding doors rattle and we were told nothing could be done. The exterior is cheap and gets dinged easily. The front nose cone is cheap plastic and breaks constantly requiring replacement of the entire cone. The tires are a rip off as you can only buy one type of tire at a high price. The car has been a complete disapointment.

The only thing I like is the power lift gate before the button fell in and the back up warning alarm.

Quality.

A dude in a minivan
By the Mr.

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I did not want a minivan despite my wife's request until I found the Quest! Suspension is tight with a powerful engine and has great external design. I enjoy driving it and don't mind being seen in it. No mechanical probs in past 3 yrs. It gets 20 mpg regularly despite its weight and power. On our 4 hour drive up north for vacation my wife and I were talking about what a good decision we made to buy this vehicle 3 yrs ago.

Engine, suspension, sound system, interior space, external appearance, 2nd row collapsible seats, easy fold into floor 3rd row bench, digital controls for everything.

40/60 split for bench. Collapsible head rests for bench rather than ones that must be removed. Operational windows for sliding doors.