2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Will keep it FOREVER
By Quest Queen on 07/27/07 17:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A family must have! A large family is all in and out in no time. Open all the doors and roll the windows down from your house with remote and let it cool out. Very spacious, easy to flip seats all down. It is truly a luxury van. Has such great pickup and horsepower. I have peace of mind knowing that my family is safe with so many safety features. The spare tire is very convenient to get to and the full size tire can be put back in easily. Feel like a queen driving it.

A huge disappointment!
By ladylawyer1968 on 06/12/07 08:15 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has had more problems than any vehicle we have ever owned. All the recalls, rear door motor had to be replaced, rattles in doors "fixed" numerous times, automatic sliding door reverses for no reason, both sliding doors have rubbed over rear wheel well causing paint to be scratched, fixed once, but doing it again, getting it fixed has been a nightmare. Most recently, automatic driver's seat was leaned back to reach something and now will not move forward, switch is dead, creating a major safety issue. Nissan's answer? Drive the 80+ miles to the dealership with the seat back in an unsafe position. Horrible gas mileage. Nissan U.S. no help. Shame on you Nissan.

I Love This Van
By Rick on 02/23/07 13:25 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I remember first seeing this van at the Cleveland Auto Show as a concept vehicle. My wife and I loved its looks and could not wait for it to come out. In the summer of 2003 when my previous Quest lease was up, I shopped around and bought this van. OK, to be honest, being a first year model, there were some quirky recalls and as well as some rattles. We had to go back to the dealer several times to get things fixed, but because of all the trouble, Nissan extended the warranty to a full 5 years. How many companies would do that! Anyway, I love the power, the comfort, the size, the ride and I do love the pod and the location of the instrument panel. This has been a great van!

Will Never buy another Nissan
By JAM on 11/07/06 11:20 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The van drives nice and is a comfortable ride. Have had a lot of problems. Engine power problems, door leaks, gas gauge not working, etc. Every time we take it to the dealership for repairs, they cannot find the problem. I am told that they will not fix the problem unless they can duplicate it. Bad service policy. They also never can find any error codes on the computer. On my American cars, the mechanics can always find error codes telling them the problems. I have no faith in the Nissan technology or service structure. I will never buy another Nissan.

All I Asked For
By Warteman on 08/24/06 10:10 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We could not have asked for more out of the car. It has not been back to the dealer, except for re-call items and tires. My only complaint were the tires and they had to be replaced within two weeks, because they were not round and could not be balanced. I travel alot of highway miles and we average 25 highway all the time and 21 local.

LEMON
By DEBORAH FABRY on 08/22/06 07:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had so much trouble with this van. The first week I had it the sliding door jam. I pulled it and the cable broke and scaratched my side panel. had to be repainted and door put back on. Tire sensors keep going out have 2 more out now.. glove department door hinge broke. I took back twice for the air bag said was off when someone was sitting in front seat, rubber gasket came off around back door. hinge that held up trunk broke [hit me in the head]. i have had lots of new cars and i spend a lot of time at the dealership very unhappy

Reliability????
By Dan on 08/13/06 06:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had this van for 3 years. Biggest complaint are tires. Nissan corporate gives you the runaround when you try to call in & complain about the substandard tire wear. Corporate tells you it's a tire manufacturer problem & to call the tire manufacturer. DO NOT BUT THAT LINE FROM CORPORATE!!! They are the ones who send out the specs for tires to the tire folks. Averaging only 20K to 30K 'til tire replace. We're on our 5th pair of tires with only 41K miles on it. Had a complete brake job at 30K miles. CD was stuck in the CD player. Slider door seals keep detaching. Lower engine cover keeps falling off. Van sits too low to the ground. Overall maintenance & reliability are very, very poor

Wish I'd Waited for 2007...
By Nissan Lover on 07/31/06 17:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Sleek look, powerful, smooth--and handles like a sportscar (not kidding)... Too bad they ruined it with the instrument pod... It's such a quiet ride---until you turn on the heater or air conditioner... Even with the blower in the "1" position--the cabin fills with noise! I must not be the only one with this complaint-- because Nissan listened, and has redesigned the dash in the new 2007... I only wish I had waited--because there isn't a better powertrain out there...

Keep looking
By Bill on 07/24/06 14:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I owned the quest for 28 months. During this time I put 35k miles on it. It has been back to the dealer for the following, drivers window stuck open, transmission stuck in 2nd, a/c failure, Rattling (Seats, Doors, Windows), various recalls, exhaust leak, doors not closing, engine light, no sound from radio, loose interior trim , excessive paint chipping. The last time I brought it in they told me they needed to remove the dash to trace a wiring problem in the a/c. In the past I have called nissan directly, they claim to open a file, but I never heard from them. Today I traded it in for a Honda. It got to a point where I was living with the problems until I had a list of things to be repaired at onc

Good Luck
By BDuece on 07/19/06 16:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for 2 1/2 years. Pros, Good handling, power, average 19 mpg, lots of room, exterior styling. Cons, The paint scratches and chips easily, slightly high road noise on than Highway, Relaibilty/quality is bad. Interior trim pieces come unsnaped often, Ac has been repaired 5 times. The clock is always fast. Computer is quirky, doors need to be realigned or adjusted frequently. Its had at least 6 recalls, doors rattle, strang vibration noises. etc. Service rep stated," we have had issues with these vehicles" Its at the dealership being repaired often. Nissan does little when you call in concerns?