2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Great buy
By EJ on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The real test of a choice is if you would do it again. If I could do it all over, I would buy this car again, just at a different dealership. The buying experience was horrible but the car is great! The only thing i don't like about it is that i could not afford the model with dual auto sliding doors.

Mad as HELL!
By Mr. mom on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have love our Quest for three years now. We got it used. I'm 6'5", my wife is 5'11" and our kids are going to be huge we know that already. lol so the room is what we needed we got it. We ALSO got a van that has had and continues to have transmission issues. The trany was replaced two years after we got it and were told that it was never serviced. Nissan says every 30,000 it needs a flush and fill. so the new rebuilt trany is now giving us a fit and Nissan keeps telling us they "can't reproduce the issue" even after the dealer ship having the van for 26 DAYS.The timing chain is making a ticking noise that's not covered by the warranty because it has 45 parts and 10 are covered by them.

Love it!
By Jennifer on 07/01/10 13:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my van for 6 years and have never had any major problems. There have been a few nuisance issues, but nothing serious. Since it was a new car, I knew before buying it that there would be a few bugs. Out of curiosity, I've been reading reviews of the 2004 Quest lately and, I have been shocked at all the reported problems people have been having. I have never had any major issues with my van just the usual wear and tear. I have yet to see a minivan as stylish and at this point wouldn't dream of replacing it.

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE MiniVan
By otsmd on 04/22/10 13:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was the dealers car.Had 26,000 miles when I got it. Aside from new tires, brakes it has been a charm.Regular maint and oil changes.Great gas mileage on long highway trips. We take driving vacations and it has never let us down. At 130,000 miles needed transmission, rebuilt and running just like before. This was the first major expense since I bought the car.

Disappointed
By Not a happy consumer on 03/31/10 16:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I first bought this vehicle I thought I was getting a good deal. I have had my car for 5 years and now I am told that I need $5000.00 dollars of engine work done on it. I have completed all my maintenance schedules. I paid the higher price for repairs and maintenance by getting all my work done at the dealer. I have had to replace the stereo twice in the last 5 years. The rubber molding around the door has come off numerous times. Maybe the newer models are better but make sure you get the warranty to cover yourself to 100000 miles, I didn't and now I have to pay. The car should have lasted longer than 5 years.

major defect
By 2 quest owner on 12/28/09 12:31 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned 2 Quests. A2000 and a 2004SE On Xmas morning we went out to load presents and opened the passager side to find smoke coming from the seat.After spraying under the seat with the fire extinguisher and disconnecting the battery we found the motor that adjusts the seat back and forth was to the point of catching on fire.The car was in our garage and had been turned off all night.If we hadn't been up at that time our garage and house would have burned down!!!!If you own a 2004 SE please be careful

Not Safe
By RH on 12/26/09 14:36 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My family was in a car accident head on FORTUNATELY no one was hurt. However, no ones airbags deployed. Read the reviews before you BUY. If my car is totaled. I will buy a toyota or honda

love my minivan!
By Ann on 08/25/09 05:30 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my minivan! Even though my kids are older now and have their own cars, I still cannot think of getting a different/new car! Everyone who rides in my van, thinks we are in spaceship :) The interior room is incredible. The back seating has unbelievable space. My 6'2" son has no problem with his leg space in the back. The heated seats are great in the winter! I have only replaced standard things (brakes, struts,tires, etc) and have over 80,000 miles. Cannot even think of trading this van yet! Great for taking my kids to college too! The power of this car is great on acceleration.

Love my Quest!
By Val on 07/06/09 15:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my quest online on Ebay and just hoped for the best! I was very, very surprised that the vehicle, considering it was used, ran extremely smooth and quiet. I replaced the tires and did some minor repairs all at a cost of under $1,000.00 and feel that the van will last a very long time. It is not great on gas, but for its' size and weight I can't expect more! I am very surprised at it's comfort and ease of operation. Yes, the controls for the A/C unit are difficult, but taken the time to figure it all out makes it all worthwhile, I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who has a family or who has to haul stuff around. It's a great van!

04 Quest from Hell
By sugaz23 on 05/22/09 15:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Where to start. Had the van a month, the 6 disc cd player died, i've replaced it 4 times since. Replaced brakes and rotors every year. Power sliding doors have their own mind, they'll open when they want. Sun roof leaks. Had to replace cam shaft position censor only to find out it need a new computer! Everyone said how reliable Nissan's are, well the motor might never die, but everything else around it will! I will never own another Nissan and i'm telling everyone i know not to get one either!