Used 2004 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews - 521 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Check subframe
By Ken Whitney

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this van this year,beware of the subframe! I was told from two meachanics,one being an authorized Nissan dealer,that the van is very unsafe to drive,this is definitely a defect in manufacturing.Nissan will not do anything as far as a recall,so please be careful if you have one or intend to buy one.Pretty sad when I've had it not even a year.

Worth for Money
By akshay2

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 2004 Nissan Quest, i got it from private party and being 3 owner it still run like charm. Its been almost year and i haven't had single problem. The build quality and feature makes it worth for money.

Memory seats and multiple moon roof is by favorite feature, while my daughter enjoy DVD being at driver seat i won't enjoy that much.

Wish i would have MP3 player which is there in new models.

200K and still strong
By kwkemp1

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this new in 2004 and have never had an issue with mechanical aspects.
Only 3 issues have been: driverside visor broke at 160K, plastic handles to lower 2nd row seats broke at about 120K, and radio cuts on and off.
Other than these minor issues.
Also this car does an amazing job in the snow as it does not slide.

smooth ride ability to drive in adverse weather conditions

higher grade plastic knobs

Wish I was a lucky one!!
By oneofeach4me

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van used, in 08, with 34K miles on it, and 4K down with an extended warranty. I loved my Quest, it was perfect for us and fit my stylish personality. However, I started having issues with the van making noises. I kept taking it to the dealership but they couldn't figure it out. Well, 2 months after my warranty was up, with 90K miles on it, they tell me the van needs $4K worth of work but Nissan wouldn't honor my warranty that never got used. Issues: 80K heat compressor failed, 98K alternator failed, interior lights falling out of ceiling, tailgate replaced twice 1st at 45K, 110K failed timing chain! Engine work at 100K miles on a Nissan?! Now making payments on undriveable van!

Very stylish, extremely roomy, DVD lasted quite a while, loved trip calculator and gas mileage calculator. Has some get up and go and comfortable for long trips.

timing chain recall!!!!!, honor warranties especially if dealership has seen vehicle in the past 30 days without resolution of issue brought in for, do something about interior lights falling out, power doors getting stuck, failing lift gate twice in 3 years, car just ends up having too many problems at low miles to be a Nissan. I didn't expect to have to do these until after it was paid for!!!!!!

Bitter lemons!!!
By 04queststinks

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car new in 2004, we immediately started having problems!
Rattling back seat which was recalled and the dealers fix for this on our expensive new car was...duct tape!
Seriously?!
Then the sliding door started rattling, the rubber strip above the side door flew off while driving.
Have replaced brakes numerous times, the front windows get stuck when it rains!, the console is made of some cheap material that doesn't wear well, the lights and vents randomly fall out of the ceiling! The timing chain guides broke and the power steering pressure hose broke and it just sucks!!! Waist of $ what a lemon!

I do love the deep well in back that is awesome for groceries and the kids like the DVD player but the car stinks!

Give us our $ back, it's a lemon, we were suckers and guiney pigs!