Used 2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Most Helpful|
Happy with the van
By dlb333

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have been happy overall with this van. I love the interior design, especially the center console. The car continues to drive well and has been very reliable. Handling is good. It is comfortable to drive on the highway. One drawback, backing up and parking are both difficult. Material- wise, I like it but have a few complaints. First of all, the water temp and gas gauges are poorly lit and have poor graphics. Second, I am not happy with the coating on the center console which has worn off in places and in others has become dirty and can't be cleaned. We have had a couple of minor electrical problems with console lights going out, but not a big deal. Overall it was a good deal.

Favorite Features

Interior/Exterior design. Gas mileage, handling, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas gauge, better console material, deal with the console electrical problems.

great for us
By dbarbour

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has been great. Millage is good (21 city - 28 hwy), We now have 210,000 and have had very few repairs considering its age. Mostly routine repairs. I love driving this van, it is very comfortable, handles well and acceleration is great! I live in a northern state and it handles winter driving well even with only FWD and all season tires. However, I hate backing it up as visiblity is lousy.

Favorite Features

Handling, acceleration, roomy. comfort, millage.

Suggested Improvements

Minor frustrations include vent covers and interior lights have a hard time staying up in the roof. Also, the finish on the center console is impossible to clean. Radio station selector buttons stopped working at 100,000. Gas guage is hard to read. Takes a long time for heat to start working.

Worst vehicle I have ever owned
By mastiffmom1

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Quest has 60,000 miles on it and the dvd player has been replaced twice. The vents fall out of the ceiling constantly, the passenger visor falls out of the ceiling occasionally, when making a left hand turn with the headlights ALL the lights in van come on. The radio antenna has been replaced. The screen that displays everything stopped working. It rattles and shakes, it just sounds sometimes like it is going to fall apart. Worst of all at about 30,000 miles the paint started chipping off. Nissan fixed the little areas as they occurred, 5 days after the warranty ended the chipping started in other areas. ..Funny I saw a quest this weekend for sale with the paint falling off too

Worst car ever
By soccermom

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Everything about the 04 Nissan quest has been a disaster. The brakes go bad quickly, the windshield wiper just stopped working one day, the interior features (ceiling lights) just fall off when the doors are closed, the seats are coming apart, esp the back seats with the skirts, the tailgate door handle fell off, the compression stick in the tailgate door fell off, the radio never gets good reception... and on and on. I don't have enough characters remaining to list all the problems!!

Suggested Improvements

everything!

Great/Wonderful Vehicle!!!
By Love this vehicle!!!

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We had an 04 Quest. Loved it. Thought since we loved it so much we would just upgrade what kind of change could they make that would make me not like it since I love this one. Hate the 07 by the way. The 04 was much more spacious, more storage, better quality of things, way better gas mileage. This was the best vehicle I have ever bought. I wish I had never traded it in. If looking to get one, do they are great. We never had any issues with ours. It was perfect we were just looking to upgrade and shouldn't have!! THE 2004 Nissan Quest is a wonderful vehicle!!!

Favorite Features

Everything we never had an issue about it. The middle console between driver and passanger was small enough to fit through if needed to attend to the kidos, the seating was great, gas mileage was great, the gauges in the middle were the best thing ever wish they all were like that still. JUST GREAT!

Suggested Improvements

No improvements we loved that vehicle so much we wish we wouldn't have gotten rid of it now