2004 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
great for us
By dbarbour on 02/23/11 11:50 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has been great. Millage is good (21 city - 28 hwy), We now have 210,000 and have had very few repairs considering its age. Mostly routine repairs. I love driving this van, it is very comfortable, handles well and acceleration is great! I live in a northern state and it handles winter driving well even with only FWD and all season tires. However, I hate backing it up as visiblity is lousy.

Worst vehicle I have ever owned
By mastiffmom1 on 01/16/11 19:04 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Quest has 60,000 miles on it and the dvd player has been replaced twice. The vents fall out of the ceiling constantly, the passenger visor falls out of the ceiling occasionally, when making a left hand turn with the headlights ALL the lights in van come on. The radio antenna has been replaced. The screen that displays everything stopped working. It rattles and shakes, it just sounds sometimes like it is going to fall apart. Worst of all at about 30,000 miles the paint started chipping off. Nissan fixed the little areas as they occurred, 5 days after the warranty ended the chipping started in other areas. ..Funny I saw a quest this weekend for sale with the paint falling off too

Happy with the van
By dlb333 on 04/15/09 09:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have been happy overall with this van. I love the interior design, especially the center console. The car continues to drive well and has been very reliable. Handling is good. It is comfortable to drive on the highway. One drawback, backing up and parking are both difficult. Material- wise, I like it but have a few complaints. First of all, the water temp and gas gauges are poorly lit and have poor graphics. Second, I am not happy with the coating on the center console which has worn off in places and in others has become dirty and can't be cleaned. We have had a couple of minor electrical problems with console lights going out, but not a big deal. Overall it was a good deal.

Great/Wonderful Vehicle!!!
By Love this vehicle!!! on 11/03/08 10:11 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We had an 04 Quest. Loved it. Thought since we loved it so much we would just upgrade what kind of change could they make that would make me not like it since I love this one. Hate the 07 by the way. The 04 was much more spacious, more storage, better quality of things, way better gas mileage. This was the best vehicle I have ever bought. I wish I had never traded it in. If looking to get one, do they are great. We never had any issues with ours. It was perfect we were just looking to upgrade and shouldn't have!! THE 2004 Nissan Quest is a wonderful vehicle!!!

Worst car ever
By soccermom on 08/06/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Everything about the 04 Nissan quest has been a disaster. The brakes go bad quickly, the windshield wiper just stopped working one day, the interior features (ceiling lights) just fall off when the doors are closed, the seats are coming apart, esp the back seats with the skirts, the tailgate door handle fell off, the compression stick in the tailgate door fell off, the radio never gets good reception... and on and on. I don't have enough characters remaining to list all the problems!!

"Lemon" I Need Help! Not happy!
By 2004 NISSIAN QUEST on 06/24/08 19:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

From the very beginning of my purchase, I have encountered problems. Electrical disaster. Problems on the dashboard. Had to get tires, brake job. Took to Nissan to replace alternator. Have a whole lot of squeaking in sliding doors and other places. Had some problems with acceleration hesitation. Interior lights & air vents falling out of ceiling. Vibration and ratting problems. Engine smoking and burning oil need a ring job. The warranty will not cover it because of requirement to have all oil changes information on it. We did not get all of our oil changes from them so we need proof of getting them from other establishment so that we can get our motor fix. It has been a nightmare.

2004 Nissan Quest
By Brian on 05/12/08 17:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After purchasing this minivan for what we thought was superior design, quality and innovation we are very disappointed. The cd/radio was replaced, the rear heat is terrible (blows cool air) which the dealer told us is normal, the tires are garbage, the panel on the rear door over the license plate light pulled off and now the three dials associated with the temperature controls on the center consule are not lighting. That is the first and last of Japanese vehicles.

81,000 miles plus
By lynn on 04/27/08 08:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

No complaints on trips. Gas mileage is great for it's size. The comfort and engine pick up is fabulous. The tire replacement is an issue because the tires are hard to find unless you get them from the dealer and they are expensive. The tire pressure gauge is on anytime there is a major change in temp and is a pain because the dealer has to reset it. The brakes wear out fairly quickly, we are on our second set, and we have also replaced the bearings. Driver arm rest, not in the right position, replaced. The van still looks good! Even though it is FWD,it slips in snow. Low to ground and can scrape. When packed to the gills, plus bikes, still gets good mileage.Has gotten stuck in gear some.

Has been a good van for us
By Todd F` on 12/29/07 03:50 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned our Quest for four years and it has not required a return trip to the dealer for anything other than a recall on an airbag. Drive 75 mph on long trips we average 25 mpg. The engine is fantastic and the thing is huge inside. If you need a larger vehicle that still gets decent mileage, this is one to consider.

Brakes issues, poor interior quality
By MacG on 10/09/07 10:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Q needed a new fuel pump early in its life, which was covered under warranty. Also, front brakes were troublesome, a lot of vibration, several repairs, none covered by Nissan dealer despite known brake issues. No other problems with it mechanically. I loved the center gauges, a lot of people didn't, so that was changed in later models. Driver's seat back fabric wore out just after the warranty on it was up, ended up with two holes! The driver's seat back also seemed to get a bit wobbly, or loose. 3rd row seat was not easy to retrieve from stowed position. I think that many women would not have the strength for it - as a big guy I had to fight it.