2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

2004 Quest Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
great for us
By dbarbour

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has been great. Millage is good (21 city - 28 hwy), We now have 210,000 and have had very few repairs considering its age. Mostly routine repairs. I love driving this van, it is very comfortable, handles well and acceleration is great! I live in a northern state and it handles winter driving well even with only FWD and all season tires. However, I hate backing it up as visiblity is lousy.

Favorite Features

Handling, acceleration, roomy. comfort, millage.

Suggested Improvements

Minor frustrations include vent covers and interior lights have a hard time staying up in the roof. Also, the finish on the center console is impossible to clean. Radio station selector buttons stopped working at 100,000. Gas guage is hard to read. Takes a long time for heat to start working.

Worst vehicle I have ever owned
By mastiffmom1

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Quest has 60,000 miles on it and the dvd player has been replaced twice. The vents fall out of the ceiling constantly, the passenger visor falls out of the ceiling occasionally, when making a left hand turn with the headlights ALL the lights in van come on. The radio antenna has been replaced. The screen that displays everything stopped working. It rattles and shakes, it just sounds sometimes like it is going to fall apart. Worst of all at about 30,000 miles the paint started chipping off. Nissan fixed the little areas as they occurred, 5 days after the warranty ended the chipping started in other areas. ..Funny I saw a quest this weekend for sale with the paint falling off too

Happy with the van
By dlb333

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have been happy overall with this van. I love the interior design, especially the center console. The car continues to drive well and has been very reliable. Handling is good. It is comfortable to drive on the highway. One drawback, backing up and parking are both difficult. Material- wise, I like it but have a few complaints. First of all, the water temp and gas gauges are poorly lit and have poor graphics. Second, I am not happy with the coating on the center console which has worn off in places and in others has become dirty and can't be cleaned. We have had a couple of minor electrical problems with console lights going out, but not a big deal. Overall it was a good deal.

Favorite Features

Interior/Exterior design. Gas mileage, handling, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas gauge, better console material, deal with the console electrical problems.

Great/Wonderful Vehicle!!!
By Love this vehicle!!!

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We had an 04 Quest. Loved it. Thought since we loved it so much we would just upgrade what kind of change could they make that would make me not like it since I love this one. Hate the 07 by the way. The 04 was much more spacious, more storage, better quality of things, way better gas mileage. This was the best vehicle I have ever bought. I wish I had never traded it in. If looking to get one, do they are great. We never had any issues with ours. It was perfect we were just looking to upgrade and shouldn't have!! THE 2004 Nissan Quest is a wonderful vehicle!!!

Favorite Features

Everything we never had an issue about it. The middle console between driver and passanger was small enough to fit through if needed to attend to the kidos, the seating was great, gas mileage was great, the gauges in the middle were the best thing ever wish they all were like that still. JUST GREAT!

Suggested Improvements

No improvements we loved that vehicle so much we wish we wouldn't have gotten rid of it now

Worst car ever
By soccermom

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Everything about the 04 Nissan quest has been a disaster. The brakes go bad quickly, the windshield wiper just stopped working one day, the interior features (ceiling lights) just fall off when the doors are closed, the seats are coming apart, esp the back seats with the skirts, the tailgate door handle fell off, the compression stick in the tailgate door fell off, the radio never gets good reception... and on and on. I don't have enough characters remaining to list all the problems!!

Suggested Improvements

everything!

"Lemon" I Need Help! Not happy!
By 2004 NISSIAN QUEST

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

From the very beginning of my purchase, I have encountered problems. Electrical disaster. Problems on the dashboard. Had to get tires, brake job. Took to Nissan to replace alternator. Have a whole lot of squeaking in sliding doors and other places. Had some problems with acceleration hesitation. Interior lights & air vents falling out of ceiling. Vibration and ratting problems. Engine smoking and burning oil need a ring job. The warranty will not cover it because of requirement to have all oil changes information on it. We did not get all of our oil changes from them so we need proof of getting them from other establishment so that we can get our motor fix. It has been a nightmare.

Favorite Features

Big and lots of room. Love the space. We have two boys over 6"2. Rides good. Looks great.

Suggested Improvements

Too many problems that should not have happen. Honor your warranty.

2004 Nissan Quest
By Brian

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After purchasing this minivan for what we thought was superior design, quality and innovation we are very disappointed. The cd/radio was replaced, the rear heat is terrible (blows cool air) which the dealer told us is normal, the tires are garbage, the panel on the rear door over the license plate light pulled off and now the three dials associated with the temperature controls on the center consule are not lighting. That is the first and last of Japanese vehicles.

Favorite Features

Stylish looks, comfortable and responsive.

Suggested Improvements

Design a vehicle that works and lasts.

81,000 miles plus
By lynn

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

No complaints on trips. Gas mileage is great for it's size. The comfort and engine pick up is fabulous. The tire replacement is an issue because the tires are hard to find unless you get them from the dealer and they are expensive. The tire pressure gauge is on anytime there is a major change in temp and is a pain because the dealer has to reset it. The brakes wear out fairly quickly, we are on our second set, and we have also replaced the bearings. Driver arm rest, not in the right position, replaced. The van still looks good! Even though it is FWD,it slips in snow. Low to ground and can scrape. When packed to the gills, plus bikes, still gets good mileage.Has gotten stuck in gear some.

Favorite Features

Like the zip and comfort. Panal in middle. Very comfortable seats. Lots of space - you can haul 2 recliners and still have room! The gas mileage average and miles to empty indicator. Lots of extra storage cubbies. We typically use the van with all of the extra seats down.

Suggested Improvements

The tire pressure gauge. More standard tires. Brakes need to be looked at. For us, spare tire is on bad place

Has been a good van for us
By Todd F`

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned our Quest for four years and it has not required a return trip to the dealer for anything other than a recall on an airbag. Drive 75 mph on long trips we average 25 mpg. The engine is fantastic and the thing is huge inside. If you need a larger vehicle that still gets decent mileage, this is one to consider.

Favorite Features

The base model has a lot of standard features for the money. Crash rating is the best. Big doors, lots of room and all the seats fold flat when you need to haul something large. Great in the snow with standard traction control and anti-lock brakes. Got me home in a blizzard after skiing.

Suggested Improvements

We purchased the vehicle in it's first year, so I have read that there have been improvements to body structure since then. My only complaint is that it squeaks a little now in the body shell.

Brakes issues, poor interior quality
By MacG

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Q needed a new fuel pump early in its life, which was covered under warranty. Also, front brakes were troublesome, a lot of vibration, several repairs, none covered by Nissan dealer despite known brake issues. No other problems with it mechanically. I loved the center gauges, a lot of people didn't, so that was changed in later models. Driver's seat back fabric wore out just after the warranty on it was up, ended up with two holes! The driver's seat back also seemed to get a bit wobbly, or loose. 3rd row seat was not easy to retrieve from stowed position. I think that many women would not have the strength for it - as a big guy I had to fight it.

Favorite Features

Great looking vehicle, got a lot of comments from people who loved the look of it. Surprising for a minivan. I thought the center console was cool.

Suggested Improvements

Gas gauge needs to be more prominent, interior needs to be better made. Less cheap, ill-fitting, plastic would be nice. I can't imagine the interior on a 2004 lasting more than 100,000 miles. Mine was already looking really worn-out and old. Hopefully they addressed the front brakes in newer models.