2004 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Worth for Money
By akshay2 on 04/26/14 08:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 2004 Nissan Quest, i got it from private party and being 3 owner it still run like charm. Its been almost year and i haven't had single problem. The build quality and feature makes it worth for money.

200K and still strong
By kwkemp1 on 01/26/13 18:08 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this new in 2004 and have never had an issue with mechanical aspects. Only 3 issues have been: driverside visor broke at 160K, plastic handles to lower 2nd row seats broke at about 120K, and radio cuts on and off. Other than these minor issues. Also this car does an amazing job in the snow as it does not slide.

Wish I was a lucky one!!
By oneofeach4me on 11/20/12 08:51 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van used, in 08, with 34K miles on it, and 4K down with an extended warranty. I loved my Quest, it was perfect for us and fit my stylish personality. However, I started having issues with the van making noises. I kept taking it to the dealership but they couldn't figure it out. Well, 2 months after my warranty was up, with 90K miles on it, they tell me the van needs $4K worth of work but Nissan wouldn't honor my warranty that never got used. Issues: 80K heat compressor failed, 98K alternator failed, interior lights falling out of ceiling, tailgate replaced twice 1st at 45K, 110K failed timing chain! Engine work at 100K miles on a Nissan?! Now making payments on undriveable van!

Bitter lemons!!!
By 04queststinks on 11/21/11 18:43 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car new in 2004, we immediately started having problems! Rattling back seat which was recalled and the dealers fix for this on our expensive new car was...duct tape! Seriously?! Then the sliding door started rattling, the rubber strip above the side door flew off while driving. Have replaced brakes numerous times, the front windows get stuck when it rains!, the console is made of some cheap material that doesn't wear well, the lights and vents randomly fall out of the ceiling! The timing chain guides broke and the power steering pressure hose broke and it just sucks!!! Waist of $ what a lemon!

great for us
By dbarbour on 02/23/11 11:50 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has been great. Millage is good (21 city - 28 hwy), We now have 210,000 and have had very few repairs considering its age. Mostly routine repairs. I love driving this van, it is very comfortable, handles well and acceleration is great! I live in a northern state and it handles winter driving well even with only FWD and all season tires. However, I hate backing it up as visiblity is lousy.

Worst vehicle I have ever owned
By mastiffmom1 on 01/16/11 19:04 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Quest has 60,000 miles on it and the dvd player has been replaced twice. The vents fall out of the ceiling constantly, the passenger visor falls out of the ceiling occasionally, when making a left hand turn with the headlights ALL the lights in van come on. The radio antenna has been replaced. The screen that displays everything stopped working. It rattles and shakes, it just sounds sometimes like it is going to fall apart. Worst of all at about 30,000 miles the paint started chipping off. Nissan fixed the little areas as they occurred, 5 days after the warranty ended the chipping started in other areas. ..Funny I saw a quest this weekend for sale with the paint falling off too

Worst car I ever owned
By Mirna on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a Nissan Quest 2004 3.5 SL that has 66,556 miles, I was very happy with this car until last September, when out of the blue my Nissan will brake down in the middle of the beltway or stall if I stopped at a red light or stop sign, the engine will die completely with no warning signs, I took this car to the dealer Passport Nissan of Alexandria VA for the 3rd time yesterday because my van keep stalling any time I drive under 5mph or brake to a stop. This after I was told for 2nd time that they fixed the problem in a message they left me saying “we were able to duplicate the problem and fixed, we had to re-program the engine idle, that is fixed we drove it many times today and definitely

Timing Chains are Bad!
By Bittersweet on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have been proud owners of Nissan's for more than 13yrs. Our '04 Quest has been great over all! I have had problems with the automatic doors not closing and/or sticking. Windows have the same problem. Console is scratched and looks crappy because material does not clean well. Under carriage is to low, going over speed hump I lost plastic bolts holding plastic bottom in place. Now my mechanic is telling me that I need a new timing chain, the dealership will charge $3200 he will fix for $1800. He says it really should be a recall but because of the cost Nissan will not recall! Timing chains are suppose to last longer and be more reliable. Research the web many people having same problem!

Odometer
By RAJESHKUMAR on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had 100k warranty, my odometer went down at 85,000 mile and seat heater also Nissan did not stand for this, my seat heater and odometer still not work, I will never buy any Nissan car any more, it is not only me but many of Nissan quest owner are complaining about odometer this must be an recall

We call our Quest "the money pit"
By A Sienna Next Time on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The maintenance costs of a Quest are unbelievably high. It is the first car I've owned which needs a brake pad & rotor replacement every year, and new tires every year and a half. (None of previous vehicles have chewed through these like the Quest!) The car rattles, and we had to take our to the dealership for engine noise multiple times before they *finally) believed us based on a new service bulletin that went out. Too bad - it's a stylish minivan, and we had high hopes for it. It's functional for our family, but we just wish it was lower-maintenance.