2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Worth for Money
By akshay2 on 04/26/14 08:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 2004 Nissan Quest, i got it from private party and being 3 owner it still run like charm. Its been almost year and i haven't had single problem. The build quality and feature makes it worth for money.

Bitter lemons!!!
By 04queststinks on 11/21/11 18:43 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car new in 2004, we immediately started having problems! Rattling back seat which was recalled and the dealers fix for this on our expensive new car was...duct tape! Seriously?! Then the sliding door started rattling, the rubber strip above the side door flew off while driving. Have replaced brakes numerous times, the front windows get stuck when it rains!, the console is made of some cheap material that doesn't wear well, the lights and vents randomly fall out of the ceiling! The timing chain guides broke and the power steering pressure hose broke and it just sucks!!! Waist of $ what a lemon!

Worst car I ever owned
By Mirna on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a Nissan Quest 2004 3.5 SL that has 66,556 miles, I was very happy with this car until last September, when out of the blue my Nissan will brake down in the middle of the beltway or stall if I stopped at a red light or stop sign, the engine will die completely with no warning signs, I took this car to the dealer Passport Nissan of Alexandria VA for the 3rd time yesterday because my van keep stalling any time I drive under 5mph or brake to a stop. This after I was told for 2nd time that they fixed the problem in a message they left me saying “we were able to duplicate the problem and fixed, we had to re-program the engine idle, that is fixed we drove it many times today and definitely

Odometer
By RAJESHKUMAR on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had 100k warranty, my odometer went down at 85,000 mile and seat heater also Nissan did not stand for this, my seat heater and odometer still not work, I will never buy any Nissan car any more, it is not only me but many of Nissan quest owner are complaining about odometer this must be an recall

We call our Quest "the money pit"
By A Sienna Next Time on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The maintenance costs of a Quest are unbelievably high. It is the first car I've owned which needs a brake pad & rotor replacement every year, and new tires every year and a half. (None of previous vehicles have chewed through these like the Quest!) The car rattles, and we had to take our to the dealership for engine noise multiple times before they *finally) believed us based on a new service bulletin that went out. Too bad - it's a stylish minivan, and we had high hopes for it. It's functional for our family, but we just wish it was lower-maintenance.

Great buy
By EJ on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The real test of a choice is if you would do it again. If I could do it all over, I would buy this car again, just at a different dealership. The buying experience was horrible but the car is great! The only thing i don't like about it is that i could not afford the model with dual auto sliding doors.

Mad as HELL!
By Mr. mom on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have love our Quest for three years now. We got it used. I'm 6'5", my wife is 5'11" and our kids are going to be huge we know that already. lol so the room is what we needed we got it. We ALSO got a van that has had and continues to have transmission issues. The trany was replaced two years after we got it and were told that it was never serviced. Nissan says every 30,000 it needs a flush and fill. so the new rebuilt trany is now giving us a fit and Nissan keeps telling us they "can't reproduce the issue" even after the dealer ship having the van for 26 DAYS.The timing chain is making a ticking noise that's not covered by the warranty because it has 45 parts and 10 are covered by them.

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE MiniVan
By otsmd on 04/22/10 13:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was the dealers car.Had 26,000 miles when I got it. Aside from new tires, brakes it has been a charm.Regular maint and oil changes.Great gas mileage on long highway trips. We take driving vacations and it has never let us down. At 130,000 miles needed transmission, rebuilt and running just like before. This was the first major expense since I bought the car.

major defect
By 2 quest owner on 12/28/09 12:31 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned 2 Quests. A2000 and a 2004SE On Xmas morning we went out to load presents and opened the passager side to find smoke coming from the seat.After spraying under the seat with the fire extinguisher and disconnecting the battery we found the motor that adjusts the seat back and forth was to the point of catching on fire.The car was in our garage and had been turned off all night.If we hadn't been up at that time our garage and house would have burned down!!!!If you own a 2004 SE please be careful

Not Safe
By RH on 12/26/09 14:36 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My family was in a car accident head on FORTUNATELY no one was hurt. However, no ones airbags deployed. Read the reviews before you BUY. If my car is totaled. I will buy a toyota or honda