2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
200K and still strong
By kwkemp1 on 01/26/13 18:08 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this new in 2004 and have never had an issue with mechanical aspects. Only 3 issues have been: driverside visor broke at 160K, plastic handles to lower 2nd row seats broke at about 120K, and radio cuts on and off. Other than these minor issues. Also this car does an amazing job in the snow as it does not slide.

Wish I was a lucky one!!
By oneofeach4me on 11/20/12 08:51 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van used, in 08, with 34K miles on it, and 4K down with an extended warranty. I loved my Quest, it was perfect for us and fit my stylish personality. However, I started having issues with the van making noises. I kept taking it to the dealership but they couldn't figure it out. Well, 2 months after my warranty was up, with 90K miles on it, they tell me the van needs $4K worth of work but Nissan wouldn't honor my warranty that never got used. Issues: 80K heat compressor failed, 98K alternator failed, interior lights falling out of ceiling, tailgate replaced twice 1st at 45K, 110K failed timing chain! Engine work at 100K miles on a Nissan?! Now making payments on undriveable van!

Timing Chains are Bad!
By Bittersweet on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have been proud owners of Nissan's for more than 13yrs. Our '04 Quest has been great over all! I have had problems with the automatic doors not closing and/or sticking. Windows have the same problem. Console is scratched and looks crappy because material does not clean well. Under carriage is to low, going over speed hump I lost plastic bolts holding plastic bottom in place. Now my mechanic is telling me that I need a new timing chain, the dealership will charge $3200 he will fix for $1800. He says it really should be a recall but because of the cost Nissan will not recall! Timing chains are suppose to last longer and be more reliable. Research the web many people having same problem!

Love it!
By Jennifer on 07/01/10 13:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my van for 6 years and have never had any major problems. There have been a few nuisance issues, but nothing serious. Since it was a new car, I knew before buying it that there would be a few bugs. Out of curiosity, I've been reading reviews of the 2004 Quest lately and, I have been shocked at all the reported problems people have been having. I have never had any major issues with my van just the usual wear and tear. I have yet to see a minivan as stylish and at this point wouldn't dream of replacing it.

Disappointed
By Not a happy consumer on 03/31/10 16:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I first bought this vehicle I thought I was getting a good deal. I have had my car for 5 years and now I am told that I need $5000.00 dollars of engine work done on it. I have completed all my maintenance schedules. I paid the higher price for repairs and maintenance by getting all my work done at the dealer. I have had to replace the stereo twice in the last 5 years. The rubber molding around the door has come off numerous times. Maybe the newer models are better but make sure you get the warranty to cover yourself to 100000 miles, I didn't and now I have to pay. The car should have lasted longer than 5 years.

Love my Quest!
By Val on 07/06/09 15:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my quest online on Ebay and just hoped for the best! I was very, very surprised that the vehicle, considering it was used, ran extremely smooth and quiet. I replaced the tires and did some minor repairs all at a cost of under $1,000.00 and feel that the van will last a very long time. It is not great on gas, but for its' size and weight I can't expect more! I am very surprised at it's comfort and ease of operation. Yes, the controls for the A/C unit are difficult, but taken the time to figure it all out makes it all worthwhile, I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who has a family or who has to haul stuff around. It's a great van!

Very Good Van
By Serge on 04/08/09 22:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I]ve bought Quest 2004 after two another NISSANs. I was impressed of it's exterior design. After driving it for more than 4 years I can say: It is great van. Its fixtures really gives me more than BMW or Mercedes, especially turn side lights, tire pressure sensors, and great powerful engine, one of the best engines at all to that time. Excellent interior space, wide side doors and more - this is an additional fixtures which keeps me a lover of this car. I'd have the only real problem due the first year - fuel pump. Later you can find front breaks problem every 7- 10K miles - vibration which cause of the very heavy car for this disks, but NISSAN resurfaced it under factory warranty.

My first Disappointment in Nissan
By Killian Tools on 01/02/09 16:54 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've worked and owned several Nissans. This is by far the worst one I've had. At 67000 I had to have the Alternator replaced ($672.00) Now at 87000 the timing chain is rattling / pecking. Cost of repair $1104.63 I've put over 200,000 miles on my altima.

I will never buy Nissan again
By Horrible Van on 03/14/08 16:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the Quest believing that Nissan makes a good product. We were disappointed from the start. The gear lever came off, the seat adjustment came off several times, the door button fell inside the panel, the arm rests won't stay even, the sliding doors rattle and we were told nothing could be done. The exterior is cheap and gets dinged easily. The front nose cone is cheap plastic and breaks constantly requiring replacement of the entire cone. The tires are a rip off as you can only buy one type of tire at a high price. The car has been a complete disapointment.

A dude in a minivan
By the Mr. on 08/14/07 13:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I did not want a minivan despite my wife's request until I found the Quest! Suspension is tight with a powerful engine and has great external design. I enjoy driving it and don't mind being seen in it. No mechanical probs in past 3 yrs. It gets 20 mpg regularly despite its weight and power. On our 4 hour drive up north for vacation my wife and I were talking about what a good decision we made to buy this vehicle 3 yrs ago.