2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2004 Quest Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Sort Reviews by

Worth for Money
By akshay2

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 2004 Nissan Quest, i got it from private party and being 3 owner it still run like charm. Its been almost year and i haven't had single problem. The build quality and feature makes it worth for money.

Favorite Features

Memory seats and multiple moon roof is by favorite feature, while my daughter enjoy DVD being at driver seat i won't enjoy that much.

Suggested Improvements

Wish i would have MP3 player which is there in new models.

200K and still strong
By kwkemp1

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this new in 2004 and have never had an issue with mechanical aspects. Only 3 issues have been: driverside visor broke at 160K, plastic handles to lower 2nd row seats broke at about 120K, and radio cuts on and off. Other than these minor issues. Also this car does an amazing job in the snow as it does not slide.

Favorite Features

smooth ride ability to drive in adverse weather conditions

Suggested Improvements

higher grade plastic knobs

Wish I was a lucky one!!
By oneofeach4me

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van used, in 08, with 34K miles on it, and 4K down with an extended warranty. I loved my Quest, it was perfect for us and fit my stylish personality. However, I started having issues with the van making noises. I kept taking it to the dealership but they couldn't figure it out. Well, 2 months after my warranty was up, with 90K miles on it, they tell me the van needs $4K worth of work but Nissan wouldn't honor my warranty that never got used. Issues: 80K heat compressor failed, 98K alternator failed, interior lights falling out of ceiling, tailgate replaced twice 1st at 45K, 110K failed timing chain! Engine work at 100K miles on a Nissan?! Now making payments on undriveable van!

Favorite Features

Very stylish, extremely roomy, DVD lasted quite a while, loved trip calculator and gas mileage calculator. Has some get up and go and comfortable for long trips.

Suggested Improvements

timing chain recall!!!!!, honor warranties especially if dealership has seen vehicle in the past 30 days without resolution of issue brought in for, do something about interior lights falling out, power doors getting stuck, failing lift gate twice in 3 years, car just ends up having too many problems at low miles to be a Nissan. I didn't expect to have to do these until after it was paid for!!!!!!

Bitter lemons!!!
By 04queststinks

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car new in 2004, we immediately started having problems! Rattling back seat which was recalled and the dealers fix for this on our expensive new car was...duct tape! Seriously?! Then the sliding door started rattling, the rubber strip above the side door flew off while driving. Have replaced brakes numerous times, the front windows get stuck when it rains!, the console is made of some cheap material that doesn't wear well, the lights and vents randomly fall out of the ceiling! The timing chain guides broke and the power steering pressure hose broke and it just sucks!!! Waist of $ what a lemon!

Favorite Features

I do love the deep well in back that is awesome for groceries and the kids like the DVD player but the car stinks!

Suggested Improvements

Give us our $ back, it's a lemon, we were suckers and guiney pigs!

great for us
By dbarbour

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has been great. Millage is good (21 city - 28 hwy), We now have 210,000 and have had very few repairs considering its age. Mostly routine repairs. I love driving this van, it is very comfortable, handles well and acceleration is great! I live in a northern state and it handles winter driving well even with only FWD and all season tires. However, I hate backing it up as visiblity is lousy.

Favorite Features

Handling, acceleration, roomy. comfort, millage.

Suggested Improvements

Minor frustrations include vent covers and interior lights have a hard time staying up in the roof. Also, the finish on the center console is impossible to clean. Radio station selector buttons stopped working at 100,000. Gas guage is hard to read. Takes a long time for heat to start working.

Worst vehicle I have ever owned
By mastiffmom1

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Quest has 60,000 miles on it and the dvd player has been replaced twice. The vents fall out of the ceiling constantly, the passenger visor falls out of the ceiling occasionally, when making a left hand turn with the headlights ALL the lights in van come on. The radio antenna has been replaced. The screen that displays everything stopped working. It rattles and shakes, it just sounds sometimes like it is going to fall apart. Worst of all at about 30,000 miles the paint started chipping off. Nissan fixed the little areas as they occurred, 5 days after the warranty ended the chipping started in other areas. ..Funny I saw a quest this weekend for sale with the paint falling off too

Worst car I ever owned
By Mirna

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a Nissan Quest 2004 3.5 SL that has 66,556 miles, I was very happy with this car until last September, when out of the blue my Nissan will brake down in the middle of the beltway or stall if I stopped at a red light or stop sign, the engine will die completely with no warning signs, I took this car to the dealer Passport Nissan of Alexandria VA for the 3rd time yesterday because my van keep stalling any time I drive under 5mph or brake to a stop. This after I was told for 2nd time that they fixed the problem in a message they left me saying “we were able to duplicate the problem and fixed, we had to re-program the engine idle, that is fixed we drove it many times today and definitely

Favorite Features

sun roof, left and right sliding doors

Timing Chains are Bad!
By Bittersweet

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have been proud owners of Nissan's for more than 13yrs. Our '04 Quest has been great over all! I have had problems with the automatic doors not closing and/or sticking. Windows have the same problem. Console is scratched and looks crappy because material does not clean well. Under carriage is to low, going over speed hump I lost plastic bolts holding plastic bottom in place. Now my mechanic is telling me that I need a new timing chain, the dealership will charge $3200 he will fix for $1800. He says it really should be a recall but because of the cost Nissan will not recall! Timing chains are suppose to last longer and be more reliable. Research the web many people having same problem!

Favorite Features

Unquestionably the best body and look of any van out there. Very comfortable and kid friendly. Sun/Moon roofs are awesome

Suggested Improvements

Console should be more durable. Captains seats need better cup holders. Glitches with windows and doors are annoying! More durable under carriage not plastic! Recall timing chain, very expensive unnecessary repair

Odometer
By RAJESHKUMAR

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had 100k warranty, my odometer went down at 85,000 mile and seat heater also Nissan did not stand for this, my seat heater and odometer still not work, I will never buy any Nissan car any more, it is not only me but many of Nissan quest owner are complaining about odometer this must be an recall

We call our Quest "the money pit"
By A Sienna Next Time

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The maintenance costs of a Quest are unbelievably high. It is the first car I've owned which needs a brake pad & rotor replacement every year, and new tires every year and a half. (None of previous vehicles have chewed through these like the Quest!) The car rattles, and we had to take our to the dealership for engine noise multiple times before they *finally) believed us based on a new service bulletin that went out. Too bad - it's a stylish minivan, and we had high hopes for it. It's functional for our family, but we just wish it was lower-maintenance.

Favorite Features

SkyView windows. DVD system. Power sliding doors. Stylish design, esp. compared to other minivans.

Suggested Improvements

Shaky steering wheel. Chews through brakes and tires. Faulty tire pressure gauge. Non-functioning rear-assist detector.