2002 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Poor mileage
By greyes on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love the van except for the mileage! When I purchased the vehicle, it was rated at 17 mpg city and 23 mpg highway. I have driven the van for a little over 13,000 miles now, and the most I get is 14.8 mpg city and 15.8 mpg highway. I contacted the Nissan Dealership and Nissan Headquarters in Gardena, California, but all I got was the standard answer ("Those are tests performed on perfect conditions"). Needless to say, I am very disappointed with the mileage. My friend has a Honda Oddyssey and he is getting the rated mileage.

So far so good!
By HIPAULINO on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Quest GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We have had this car for almost a week. So far, we love it! We have 2 kids and the family entertaiment center keeps them happy on our road trips. We emailed various Nissan Dealerships to get the best price quote! From now on that is the way we shop for cars! It is the easiest, headachefree way to buy a car! We will write a followup in a couple of months after we have had time to really put it through some paces.

New Quest
By LiL Jo on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Quest GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My family has purchased 5 Nissans in the past 3 years. We think they are the best Japanise car on the market. I think everyone should take a second look at Nissan. We had Toyotas before the Nissans and had trouble with every one.

Do your shopping well!
By Happy Mom! on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We just purchased this vehicle 2 days ago. I am very pleased with it! Tons of features! Test drove just about all of them out there, this is best ride! Test drove Honda and Nissan back to back. Honda had too much road noise! For all the features we got with Nissan we would have paid $7000 more for Honda! Haggle on phone and e-mail. Less stressful! Good Luck!

Under Rated
By Mark G on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Although this may not be the best Mini-Van ever made, it is a darn good one! It has a very quiet and solid ride. Very good ergonomics. The engine has enough power. The criticisms about not having enough passing power are stupid. This is a “Mini-Van" not a racecar. The worst thing about this vehicle is the rear bench seat folds up and slides forward, but you cannot take it out. The captain’s chairs in the middle do come out. This leaves a pretty screwy arrangement for the carpet.

new
By hawaiian on 03/13/02 02:54 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Quest GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just picked up this van and i think it's a good deal. Nissan did a good job keeping this design fresh until the new 2003 model appears (rumored anyway) The interior is a big improvement over the old model and the size perfect for in-town/parking garages. The Nissan P/up, Altima, and Sentra I had were all reliable and never gave me any problems.

We love it
By tobyk on 03/12/02 16:04 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Quest GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Has been awesome for our family. The folding/sliding back seat awesome

Awesome Van , Hey bill7638737 you suck
By Jose on 03/07/02 20:31 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Quest GXE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This van is something else, great power and the TV feature is great. I cant wait to see the new remodeled quest that nissan has in stored, but this van will do. Good Job nissan and bill you really suck

I like it!
By ScottChase on 03/07/02 13:42 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Enjoy driving this much more than I enjoyed my Ford van.

Durable Van
By corsicachevy on 03/05/02 17:36 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed a trouble free first year of ownership. What attracted me to the Quest is the vehicle's reputation for long-term durability and low up-front cost. Admittedly, this vehicle is no longer on the cutting edge. The engine is old and a little weak, but it does have decent low end torque. The body does groan and moan a bit - I suspect this van was designed before the push for super-rigid body structures. I love the interior, handling and over-all appearance of the vehicle.