2002 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
My second Nissan Quest
By Kim on 01/26/06 09:13 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have been satisfied, overall with my second Nissan Quest. I bought the fully loaded Quest. I enjoy the steering wheel controlled radio switch, the seat heaters, cruise control, rear mirror compass and the vcr. The car is quite reliable. The van usually gets 16 mpg. The only problems I have had with the van are the steering wheel radio control failed at about 20,000 miles, and was replaced. Now the same thing is failing again at 76,000 miles. Also at about 50,000 miles a control needed to be replaced that operated the power windows and compass (That was an expensive repair) Overall, I recommend the 2002 Nissan Quest.

Nissan Quest good family van
By travelsus on 08/27/05 15:50 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love my van - not too big, but big enough to be comfortable. The VCR is a big hit on trips & we can hook up the Nintendo also. Mileage is 20mpg. I would like better, but what do you expect for a vehicle that will transport 7 people!

Look's Great, Rides Terrible
By sunshinemom on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I loved the look and style of my Nissan Quest GLE. The wood grain dash and stylish leather seats made me feel like I driving a Lexus. That is until I ran over dirt in the road. The ride is horrible. You feel every bump! I found myself scouring the road for divets and ruts just to avoid them. Otherwise, it was a great vehicle. My kids loved the extras like the overhead video system. And, my husband and I loved the dual function of the sound system. It allowed us to listen to the radio (or not!) while our kids watched a movie with head phones.

Not splashy but functionable
By jrc0302 on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The Quest doesn't turn heads, or zoom,zoom around town. This is my second (1998 GLE) and it has always been reliable. It has enough luxury with the heated leather seats and VCR plus, but the price didn't kill me. For an older couple like us, it provides enough hauling roon ,but with alittle bit of luxury.

Hate minivans---love this one
By Brand New Daddy on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned Toyotas for the last 6 years. My wife bought a Nissan Maxima a few years back and I realized that Nissan makes a better car for the money. So, when we had our son, we decided we needed more room. We broke down and looked at minivans. Hated everyone I tested, but we got a GREAT deal on the Nissan Quest. Since then, I have really grown to love the car. I have no idea what the editors are thinking--this car blows the Honda and Toyota away. However, I do think the minivan needs restyling (been pretty much the same overall style since mid 90s)...

2nd Quest
By Hot Tamale on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Quest and I believe this is the best van for the money. The Toyota and Honda are priced much higher for the same package and the touted resale value of both is more lip service than reality. We had a 1997 Quest and we were very happy with the resale value. The only problem is that our 8 year-old has a hard time getting into the back seat with two infant seats in the captain's chairs.

Quest
By connorkate on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I think it is a great family car, has VCR and movies as standard.

Our first Van
By Nosoyo on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Of all the new vans we have seen on the road and have looked in the web, we liked 3 of them the best. We have road tested the Toyota Sienna, Honda Oddesey, and Nissan Quest. We wanted a van with an attractive exterior so as we can feel proud to drive and own the vehicle. The Nissan Quest exterior looks much better than the other two although the Sienna was close for us. The Interior had to look attractive also or we would not buy the Van. The Nissan Quest had the best looking interior. Very attractive control panel!! Love it! The driving was good, the ride is smooth and overall the Nissan Quest was the best!! We bought the Nissan Quest!!

Service Problems
By hipaulino on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We brought our 2002 Nissan Quest GLE from Performance Nissan in Everett, WA. It has been in for service there three times without the problem being fixed. We live about 45 miles away and have to drive up there every time to try to get it fixed. We brought the car there thatís why we drive up there to get it serviced; this was a huge mistake! The problem on the Mini-van is the passenger sliding door window. We have wind noise at speeds over 30 M.P.H. and problems with the window popping open when we hit a bump or slide the door close. How can such a small problem be such a major pain? . LOVE THE CAR, HATE THE SERVICE!

Love The Van
By cobiay on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I finally broke down and bought a minivan, 2 kids. I LOVE IT. The entertainment center is wonderful!! I have riden in many minivans and nothing compares with the Quest, even the Odyssey. I have no idea what the editors were looking for in their review to give only a 4.5 rating.