Used 2002 Nissan Quest GLE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

My second Nissan Quest
By Kim

2002 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have been satisfied, overall with my second Nissan Quest. I bought the fully loaded Quest. I enjoy the steering wheel controlled radio switch, the seat heaters, cruise control, rear mirror compass and the vcr. The car is quite reliable. The van usually gets 16 mpg. The only problems I have had with the van are the steering wheel radio control failed at about 20,000 miles, and was replaced. Now the same thing is failing again at 76,000 miles. Also at about 50,000 miles a control needed to be replaced that operated the power windows and compass (That was an expensive repair) Overall, I recommend the 2002 Nissan Quest.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

More pickup-a larger engine (which the 2004 and later models have). Better radio control on the steering wheel. Better design of rear window (it constantly stays dirty).

Nissan Quest good family van
By travelsus

2002 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love my van - not too big, but big enough to be comfortable. The VCR is a big hit on trips & we can hook up the Nintendo also. Mileage is 20mpg. I would like better, but what do you expect for a vehicle that will transport 7 people!

Favorite Features

Visibility and size

Suggested Improvements

Less road noise

Look's Great, Rides Terrible
By sunshinemom

2002 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I loved the look and style of my Nissan Quest GLE. The wood grain dash and stylish leather seats made me feel like I driving a Lexus. That is until I ran over dirt in the road. The ride is horrible. You feel every bump! I found myself scouring the road for divets and ruts just to avoid them. Otherwise, it was a great vehicle. My kids loved the extras like the overhead video system. And, my husband and I loved the dual function of the sound system. It allowed us to listen to the radio (or not!) while our kids watched a movie with head phones.

Favorite Features

Leather seats. Wood grained dash and steering wheel. Dual sound system.

Suggested Improvements

The ride need improvement. Too rugged.

Not splashy but functionable
By jrc0302

2002 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The Quest doesn't turn heads, or zoom,zoom around town. This is my second (1998 GLE) and it has always been reliable. It has enough luxury with the heated leather seats and VCR plus, but the price didn't kill me. For an older couple like us, it provides enough hauling roon ,but with alittle bit of luxury.

Favorite Features

Small size,enough extra features to make it interesting.Price was ok.

Suggested Improvements

Since they no longer make this model there will be no improvements. Rattles and lack of power are annoying, though.

Hate minivans---love this one
By Brand New Daddy

2002 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned Toyotas for the last 6 years. My wife bought a Nissan Maxima a few years back and I realized that Nissan makes a better car for the money. So, when we had our son, we decided we needed more room. We broke down and looked at minivans. Hated everyone I tested, but we got a GREAT deal on the Nissan Quest. Since then, I have really grown to love the car. I have no idea what the editors are thinking--this car blows the Honda and Toyota away. However, I do think the minivan needs restyling (been pretty much the same overall style since mid 90s)...

Favorite Features

Entertainment system; good looks for a minivan; car like ride; GREAT PRICE...

Suggested Improvements

More power and newer body style...