2001 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Dependable and easy to drive Mini-Van
By ulvy on 06/09/09 08:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Quest GXE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this mini-van brand new. Normal maintenance is all we really performed on this vehicle. The rear cooling feature is a must as it cools the people in the back seat quickly. I am very happy with this purchase. The engine runs smoothly and quietly even though it has over 100k miles.

Very Dependable and safe car
By Nissan Qwest Owner on 05/26/09 11:18 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Quest GXE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the 2001 Qwest brand new on 1/1/2002. We have owned it for 7 1/2 years and it has been very dependable. All we ever had to do is the routine maintenance and oil changes. In all that time we just had one window latch break on the van. It has been through a stress test of three children.

Excellent Car
By ghazal on 10/21/08 01:13 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Quest GXE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I had this car for 8 years and very happy with it.

Great reliable car
By Pauline on 07/16/06 19:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Quest GXE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Have not had any mechanical problems with this car. It runs quiet and the paint job is very good no rust. The kids love the Audio center. I am buying a new Nissan Van.

not bad
By jots on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

nice car a bit pricey

Better the second time around
By ourcrew on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Quest GXE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Quest, the first being a 1997. It responds and handles well on turns with decent power for a mini van. We love the versality. Everything fits from luggage to a full- size recliner. Our grandkids love the video system. Only complaint is one of the side door windows occasionally becomes unlocked. Very reliable. Highly recommended over the Toyoya or Honda mini's.

Not quite, but almost a lemon
By Southern CA on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Quest GXE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

During the first 8000 miles, I've been back for warranty repair 5 times. All were a/c problems, the last 3 were for gas leaks, and if it required a 4th visit, then the CA lemon law would have applied. I needed to seat 7 and I thought it was a good value. I would not buy it again because of the poor quality. With 14000 miles on it, windows rattle, tail gate sags, tires loose 5lbs of air every 2 weeks, strange metallic sounds when the engine starts, and a musky odor from the air vents. I'm just hoping it last until I can afford to trade it in.

I wouldn't do it again
By Michelle 2 on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Quest GXE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Quest new. In less than 1 week after I had it, it was back into the shop for repairs. I have had numerous other problems as well. I bought my Quest, due to the fact that I had heard nothing but good. I have been very dissappointed. I loved the looks, the feel is O.K., my children love the entertainment package, but everytime I turn around, it's back in for something.

great value
By quest value on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Quest GXE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

we researched / drove several minivans prior to purchasing our quest gxe and found that we recieved much more for the money. ours is also equipped with the flip down tv which is wonderful. we have had several problems with the tires (continental tires) though they have been replaced under warranty. my husband and i feel it is a safe reliable vehicle but are concerned with ford quality feeling now vs. nissan/japanese.

Not a bad van after all.
By Anthony on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Quest GXE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love this van. Its no Odyssey but for the price and equipment not even Honda can touch it. The TV is a plus,it rides really well. Ive been to Florida 5 times already.(9 hr. trip) My kids love it to death.