Used 2000 Nissan Quest GXE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Quest Minivan

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Recommend Quest 2000
By Amy Michele

2000 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 4dr Minivan

This is a very reliabe and practical minivan. Very comfortable seats, and comfortable to drive. Take care of it and it will take care of you.

Favorite Features

Comfortable Seats with good arm rests Reliable Simple Design sliding doors on both sides

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders not ideally located No place to put cell phone and little things like that oxygen sensor has needed replacing a few times windsheild washer balloon broke inside the fluid holder triggered light indicator even though fluid was full

Average Vehicle
By Davethentman

2000 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 4dr Minivan

Overall a pretty good vehicle - gets good mileage (I average about 20-22 mpg) for the kind of vehicle it is. Lots of little interior problems - entertainment center, front cup holder ratchet on both sides broke after only 1 1/2 years, door handle chrome paint is peeling on both sides. Have had to replace 1 fuel injector, and have had to constantly clean them (service engine soon light blinks for short periods and the idle goes very rough - mechanic says it's the fuel injectors).

Favorite Features

Interior room, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade quality inside parts, and fuel injectors.

2000 Quest a good vehicle
By beamingup

2000 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 4dr Minivan

For a van, this is an economical and reliable model (much better than the Ford Windstar I owned previously). No major repairs required, just tires, oil changes, transmission fluid change. It has recently become noisier (air leaks, rattles, body integrity issues - NOT the engine - it is fine). Seats are not as comfortable as other vans - could use a little more support and/or padding, as well a little more leg room for rear passangers.

Favorite Features

Reliable! Bought this 2000 Quest used with 45K miles and have had 1 1/2 years of trouble-free service!

Suggested Improvements

Improve body integrity - hydraulic lifts on back door, interior light fixtures, paint on luggage rack. Make rear seats easier to move and remove! (They are very heavy and it is difficult for me to move the seats and change the seating configuration.)

BRAKE PROBLEMS
By NISSANCT

2000 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 4dr Minivan

We have had our van for almost 4 years and we constantly have to replace the front brakes. None of my other cars have had this problem, but it seems every 6000 miles the brakes are completly shot again. It is in the garage again today and the brakes are 90% gone. They are covered by a warranty for work, but it is a pain to keep bringing it in. We have also had a problem with the gas pedal sticking when you go to hit the gas. My daughter is just learning to drive and she noticed it also.

Favorite Features

The entertainment center

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes!

Best Deal....why look anywhere else?
By mini-mom

2000 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 4dr Minivan

I have had my Quest for almost 2 years now and I LOVE it! This van is such a great deal...we got all the features we really wanted, plus the entertainment center which has been invaluable. We have taken several long trips in our van and my husband (who is quite tall) never complains about being uncomfortable. The kids are entertained the whole trip and the rear a/c has been wonderful! We have had such positive experiences with Nissan vechicles and their warranty is top notch! I except to buy another Quest when we are ready for something new.

Favorite Features

Love the entertainment center, the tinted windows and the running boards (optional; with small children it makes it much easier to enter and exit the van).

Suggested Improvements

I believe they've done it already, but a flip down tv screen would be better then the floor model. If you use both 2nd and 3rd row seats, you can't view the tv from the back.