Used 2000 Nissan Quest Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Quest Minivan

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

120000 and still going
By happy camper

2000 Nissan Quest Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Bought the van, used with 30,000 miles logged on it, put on an additional trouble free 100,000 miles on it. Had none of the problems mentioned by other reviewers, ( must have been lucky I guess ). Change the oil regularly, replaced the tires twice bought some studded snow tires for winter travel and in that configuration it handles like a regular 4 wheel drive vehicle .

Favorite Features

Comfort and space ( use it to haul trash or people + luggage ). Air conditioning with individual controllable ducts all over the place. Sound system with remote control in the rear seat. Lots of spaces to hide things .

Suggested Improvements

Deeper cup holders .

Recommend Quest 2000
By Amy Michele

2000 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 4dr Minivan

This is a very reliabe and practical minivan. Very comfortable seats, and comfortable to drive. Take care of it and it will take care of you.

Favorite Features

Comfortable Seats with good arm rests Reliable Simple Design sliding doors on both sides

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders not ideally located No place to put cell phone and little things like that oxygen sensor has needed replacing a few times windsheild washer balloon broke inside the fluid holder triggered light indicator even though fluid was full

What happened?
By Alex

2000 Nissan Quest Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

My original Quest was a 98 whose only defect was the heater going in 2 yrs. My 2000 gave me major problems and is about to die. I don't understand. I know people with 98s and 96s who haven't had anywhere near the problems I've had. Even with mechanical breakdown I feel I traded in a great minivan for a knock-off of the original. The front end makes noise always like its falling apart and now it is stalling like a 90 year old at the olympics. My friend has a 98 with 30k more miles on it than mine (147k) and he has no major trouble and puts a lot of miles everyday on it. Can't wait to say goodbye to it.

Favorite Features

Interior lights, original radio allowed adults in the front to hear one station while teens listened to another in the back.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan charges major money and did not fix my vehicle to my satisfaction (not even close). Follow the same engine specs on the original Quest and use more Japanese parts than Ford parts (engine is all Ford)

This has been a great vehicle!
By Suzanne64

2000 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

I have loved this minivan for the past six years and will miss it (my husband is making me sell it to make room for other vehicles). I never wanted a minivan to begin with, but never felt I was driving one with this Quest. It is so luxurious and comfortable inside and looks great on the outside. I have always gotten compliments on it. Has been a very reliable vehicle -- no major problems.

Favorite Features

Easy to drive; comfortable seats; great sound system for a minivan!

Suggested Improvements

None.

Constant Front End Problems
By NBS

2000 Nissan Quest Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

The front end always sounds like it's falling apart. Constant noise and replacement of tires and brakes (almost annually), CV Joints, Struts, etc.. Several thousand dollars in front end work at dealership only to always have the same problems. The noise is a horrible creak that sounds like the front end is falling off. People stare at us if we pull up in a drive thru! TV/VCR broke first year and dealer refused to replace/fix it even though it's a factory TV/VCR. If you buy one of these you better have alot of money for tires and brakes. After researching, found out that's due to the thing being built on a car chassis instead of a truck chassis. Can't wait to get rid of it.

Favorite Features

Interior and all the perks such as captain's chairs, all reclining seats, roomy interior. Nice for kids and travel.

Suggested Improvements

Need major improvements in front end. Will not buy another Nissan due to this.