Used 2000 Nissan Quest SE Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

120000 and still going
By happy camper

2000 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

Bought the van, used with 30,000 miles logged on it, put on an additional trouble free 100,000 miles on it. Had none of the problems mentioned by other reviewers, ( must have been lucky I guess ). Change the oil regularly, replaced the tires twice bought some studded snow tires for winter travel and in that configuration it handles like a regular 4 wheel drive vehicle .

Comfort and space ( use it to haul trash or people + luggage ). Air conditioning with individual controllable ducts all over the place. Sound system with remote control in the rear seat. Lots of spaces to hide things .

Deeper cup holders .

What happened?
By Alex

2000 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

My original Quest was a 98 whose only defect was the heater going in 2 yrs. My 2000 gave me major problems and is about to die. I don't understand. I know people with 98s and 96s who haven't had anywhere near the problems I've had. Even with mechanical breakdown I feel I traded in a great minivan for a knock-off of the original. The front end makes noise always like its falling apart and now it is stalling like a 90 year old at the olympics. My friend has a 98 with 30k more miles on it than mine (147k) and he has no major trouble and puts a lot of miles everyday on it. Can't wait to say goodbye to it.

Interior lights, original radio allowed adults in the front to hear one station while teens listened to another in the back.

Nissan charges major money and did not fix my vehicle to my satisfaction (not even close). Follow the same engine specs on the original Quest and use more Japanese parts than Ford parts (engine is all Ford)

Constant Front End Problems
By NBS

2000 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

The front end always sounds like it's falling apart. Constant noise and replacement of tires and brakes (almost annually), CV Joints, Struts, etc.. Several thousand dollars in front end work at dealership only to always have the same problems. The noise is a horrible creak that sounds like the front end is falling off. People stare at us if we pull up in a drive thru! TV/VCR broke first year and dealer refused to replace/fix it even though it's a factory TV/VCR. If you buy one of these you better have alot of money for tires and brakes. After researching, found out that's due to the thing being built on a car chassis instead of a truck chassis. Can't wait to get rid of it.

Interior and all the perks such as captain's chairs, all reclining seats, roomy interior. Nice for kids and travel.

Need major improvements in front end. Will not buy another Nissan due to this.

problems after 75000 miles
By wik

2000 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

we had minor problems after purchase and during warranty such as replace vcr unit twice and driver window motor replaced, all covered by warranty but makes you wonder what else will go wrong. Our dealer service was great. We got the extended warranty at 75000 miles. At 77,000 the front end had major problems such as axle and tie rods etc all not covered. Now we are told it will need about anoth $1000 in repairs. We are thinking of trading it in. I expected better from a Japanese car when we bought it new. It was cheaper then the honda and toyota and now I know why.

the front wheel drive is grat in snow, and it handles well. the vcr is great for trips with kids.

better reliability. better warranty.

Decent...but no Odyssey or Sienna.
By F23A4

We bought our Quest new in 2000 and
chose it specifically due to the
features:price ratio. At the time it
was very unusual to see minivan with
sport tuned suspension, HR rated tires,
power moonroof and a standard TV/VCP
unit. Given the demand for the Odyssey
and Sienna, we were able to acquire our
Quest for several thousand below MSRP.
That said, it's been in the shop more
times than any vehicle we've ever
owned. Summary:the brakes are in need
of constant servicing, replacement
headlight bulbs have burned out the
wiring several times, radio display
ceased, the passenger side pwr window
needed to be repaired twice, it's now
in the shop for a trans rebuild & we're
on our second TV/VCP unit.

Sport tuned suspension w/HR rated tires, relatively compact size makes parking easy, TV/VCP standard, sporty feel, conversation mirror

Built and parts quality, weight of heavy 2nd row quad seats makes removal difficult