2000 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
120000 and still going
By happy camper on 07/29/10 18:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

Bought the van, used with 30,000 miles logged on it, put on an additional trouble free 100,000 miles on it. Had none of the problems mentioned by other reviewers, ( must have been lucky I guess ). Change the oil regularly, replaced the tires twice bought some studded snow tires for winter travel and in that configuration it handles like a regular 4 wheel drive vehicle .

What happened?
By Alex on 08/01/08 16:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

My original Quest was a 98 whose only defect was the heater going in 2 yrs. My 2000 gave me major problems and is about to die. I don't understand. I know people with 98s and 96s who haven't had anywhere near the problems I've had. Even with mechanical breakdown I feel I traded in a great minivan for a knock-off of the original. The front end makes noise always like its falling apart and now it is stalling like a 90 year old at the olympics. My friend has a 98 with 30k more miles on it than mine (147k) and he has no major trouble and puts a lot of miles everyday on it. Can't wait to say goodbye to it.

Constant Front End Problems
By NBS on 12/29/05 11:45 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

The front end always sounds like it's falling apart. Constant noise and replacement of tires and brakes (almost annually), CV Joints, Struts, etc.. Several thousand dollars in front end work at dealership only to always have the same problems. The noise is a horrible creak that sounds like the front end is falling off. People stare at us if we pull up in a drive thru! TV/VCR broke first year and dealer refused to replace/fix it even though it's a factory TV/VCR. If you buy one of these you better have alot of money for tires and brakes. After researching, found out that's due to the thing being built on a car chassis instead of a truck chassis. Can't wait to get rid of it.

problems after 75000 miles
By wik on 02/05/05 10:42 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

we had minor problems after purchase and during warranty such as replace vcr unit twice and driver window motor replaced, all covered by warranty but makes you wonder what else will go wrong. Our dealer service was great. We got the extended warranty at 75000 miles. At 77,000 the front end had major problems such as axle and tie rods etc all not covered. Now we are told it will need about anoth $1000 in repairs. We are thinking of trading it in. I expected better from a Japanese car when we bought it new. It was cheaper then the honda and toyota and now I know why.

Decent...but no Odyssey or Sienna.
By F23A4 on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

We bought our Quest new in 2000 and chose it specifically due to the features:price ratio. At the time it was very unusual to see minivan with sport tuned suspension, HR rated tires, power moonroof and a standard TV/VCP unit. Given the demand for the Odyssey and Sienna, we were able to acquire our Quest for several thousand below MSRP. That said, it's been in the shop more times than any vehicle we've ever owned. Summary:the brakes are in need of constant servicing, replacement headlight bulbs have burned out the wiring several times, radio display ceased, the passenger side pwr window needed to be repaired twice, it's now in the shop for a trans rebuild & we're on our second TV/VCP unit.

Great Van for the dollar
By Bob Zabinski on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

My 2000 Quest is used for going to and from work, vacations and hauling musical equipment. This van has served me well with absolutely nothing breaking on the thing. It has never seen a repair shop and, after 52ooo miles, still runs great. There are no rattles, squeeks or wind noises. It has never been the most quiet vehicle I've ever owned but since I am the primary driver, I don't really mind.

Been a great one for me
By kad on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

This mini van has been excellant for us. Bought brand spanking new in 2000 and have about 55K on it now. It is fully loaded and everything still works. Have only done regular maintenance. Gas mileage might could be better. I have had a blast driving it. Ultimate "MOM" mobile. Removable middle seat captain chairs with a rear seat that can be moved right up in front to haul lots of stuff.