Used 2000 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Good ride, but poor reliability in the 2000 model
By Ken

2000 Nissan Quest GXE 4dr Minivan

We bought this car with 87,000 miles on it in 2011. It now (June 2016) has 125,000 miles on it. It has been the worst car for repairs that we've had for the few miles that we've driven it. The cruise control stopped working, and there are no replacements available. Fuel economy is poor around town (14-16(sometimes)), and we only get up to 21-22 on the road. I was told that it was similar or identical to the Mercury Villager. The two 1998 Villagers that we had both got 24-28 mpg on the road. I don't know how many vacuum hoses have broken. I asked my mechanic to replace all of them, but he said that there are so many, that he wouldn't advise it because of the cost. Of course, many of these are on the back side of the engine, and very inaccessible. The engine is a 3.3. If it were the the 3.0, the engine used in the Villager, the performance may have been better. I talked to the parts man at the local dealership today, and he said that the Nissan Quest had a Nissan Maxima engine, and a Ford body. He said that Nissan ended that partnership with Ford in 2002(?), so post 2002 models may be better.

120000 and still going
By happy camper

2000 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

Bought the van, used with 30,000 miles logged on it, put on an additional trouble free 100,000 miles on it. Had none of the problems mentioned by other reviewers, ( must have been lucky I guess ). Change the oil regularly, replaced the tires twice bought some studded snow tires for winter travel and in that configuration it handles like a regular 4 wheel drive vehicle .

Comfort and space ( use it to haul trash or people + luggage ). Air conditioning with individual controllable ducts all over the place. Sound system with remote control in the rear seat. Lots of spaces to hide things .

Deeper cup holders .

Recommend Quest 2000
By Amy Michele

2000 Nissan Quest GXE 4dr Minivan

This is a very reliabe and practical minivan. Very comfortable seats, and comfortable to drive. Take care of it and it will take care of you.

Comfortable Seats with good arm rests Reliable Simple Design sliding doors on both sides

Cup holders not ideally located No place to put cell phone and little things like that oxygen sensor has needed replacing a few times windsheild washer balloon broke inside the fluid holder triggered light indicator even though fluid was full

What happened?
By Alex

2000 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

My original Quest was a 98 whose only defect was the heater going in 2 yrs. My 2000 gave me major problems and is about to die. I don't understand. I know people with 98s and 96s who haven't had anywhere near the problems I've had. Even with mechanical breakdown I feel I traded in a great minivan for a knock-off of the original. The front end makes noise always like its falling apart and now it is stalling like a 90 year old at the olympics. My friend has a 98 with 30k more miles on it than mine (147k) and he has no major trouble and puts a lot of miles everyday on it. Can't wait to say goodbye to it.

Interior lights, original radio allowed adults in the front to hear one station while teens listened to another in the back.

Nissan charges major money and did not fix my vehicle to my satisfaction (not even close). Follow the same engine specs on the original Quest and use more Japanese parts than Ford parts (engine is all Ford)

This has been a great vehicle!
By Suzanne64

2000 Nissan Quest GLE 4dr Minivan

I have loved this minivan for the past six years and will miss it (my husband is making me sell it to make room for other vehicles). I never wanted a minivan to begin with, but never felt I was driving one with this Quest. It is so luxurious and comfortable inside and looks great on the outside. I have always gotten compliments on it. Has been a very reliable vehicle -- no major problems.

Easy to drive; comfortable seats; great sound system for a minivan!

None.