Not Great, But Definitely Good
By NissanFan on
1999 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan
We purchased this van with 45k mi on it and have added another 60k w/o a major problem. I change the oil every 5k, and that's about it for service. Brake, shock, and tire wear have all been minimal. It starts and runs well in all weather, with one exception of a moderate lag at idle speed when the A/C compressor turns on. MPG is fair, usually 20-22. Seats are firm and comfortable. Driving position/feel is more carlike than other minivans. A little rust is beginning to show at the bottom of the sliding door panels, but the rest of the paint is good. One annoyance is that the latch on the passenger side sliding door window will not stay screwed in, but I would still buy this van again.
Favorite Features
Reliability; firm, comfortable seats; steering wheel-mounted audio controls; side-turning headlights.
Suggested Improvements
At 5'11", I always hit my head on the open trunklid. A few extra inches of vertical travel would be nice. Quality of cupholders, sunglass holder, etc. is not good. Interior fit/finish is below the quality of Sentras and Maximas I have owned.