Used 1999 Nissan Quest GLE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Awesome for a mini-van
By Bill

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

The best, most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, and that's saying something. Bought it brand new in '99 and I've never had a single problem with it, even with the miles at over 170,000. Even though my kids are driving themselves now I still get plenty of use out of the van and it's one of the most comfortable cars I've ever driven. Based on this I'd buy another Nissan in a heartbeat.

Favorite Features

We got a free TV/VCR console when we bought it and it was great for the kids on the long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of anything they could have done at the time other then possibly having the ability to removed the 3 row instead of just sliding it up.

Luxury Features - Fits in MY Garage
By Steve Conslaw

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

I bought my 99 Quest GLE used in 2002. It was significantly cheaper than comparable used Hondas, Toyotas & Dodges. On the other hand, it had more luxury features. More to the point, it fits in MY Garage. It's about 6 inches shorter than current Odysseys & Siennas & Grand Caravans. That means I can squeeze it in the garage behind the lawnmower and bicycles. It still has three usable rows of seats. Great on vacations. The 1999 model had a TV/VCR standard - the kids love it. Surprisingly, the TV reception isn't bad. I had a 1998 Mercury Villager. The 1999 model is much better with side doors on both sides,6 extra inches of room, and the 15 horsepower boost makes performance just fine.

Favorite Features

TV/VCR Leather seats are very durable versatile - we usually leave out one or two middle seats - it's like a limo with the leather, TV, etc. Tip: Largest cargo area is actually in the middle: take out the middle seats. Fold and push back the rear seat. Good value on used car market.

Suggested Improvements

They improved most of the problem areas over the 1998. This model was discontinued in 2002, replaced in 2004 by all new Quest. It could handle a little better. MPG typical for era. Middle seat room could be improved. See web for common stereo problems and solutions. Middle seats can rattle.

Love my van!
By hot minivan momma

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

My van is the GLE...all the bells and whistles, plus the sunroof. I love that this van drives like a car. We drove some other vans and all drove like trucks. Handling is great. We do reg. maintenance and have had very few problems. Now at 120k mi. We just had a new radiator put in; must also replace cv boots soon and the struts. This is normal at this mileage. Wonderful car with family. Kids love the t.v. I can leave back seat pushed up against middle row most of the time and then push it right back when I have extra passengers. Car has lots of vroom vroom.

Favorite Features

Heat/AC is amazing. I never have windows frosting b/c the temp automatically adjusts to keep the windows clear. TV is fun. The memory settings for drivers and homelink is great. Brakes are fabo! Dream to drive. Best looking minivan around, in my opinion.

Suggested Improvements

Not fond of the front cupholders. That little shelf they sold was ridiculous! I hope no one bought it. It'd be nice if that actually worked. Otherwise, nothing: I like the layout of the car and it's been so reliable.

Mom , Pa & Children's Minivan
By Fraedna

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

My 1999 Nissan Quest has good power, decent fuel economy, great interior and comfort (with a great leather quality), and lots of neat features. My kids love the video system. I have not experienced any major problems. I just hit 40,000 miles and my Questr still rides like a sedan. I also own a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder and provides the same performance and quality. I plan on purchasing a Nissan as my next vehicle as well.

Favorite Features

Video systems , 6 CD changer, leather seats and position memory of the driver seats. Sun roof. And the wide range of posible positions on the rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

A DVD system should be standard, but I will buy one to be added. More power outlets in the front.

I love my van!
By cherylmills

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

I balked at the idea of becoming a "minivan mom", but I love my van! The kids can watch a movie during long trips, and there's plenty of space to keep them out of arm's reach of one another. I bought it used at a very good price, which made me wonder what was wrong with it, but over a year later and all I've had to do is fill it with gas and change the oil. Very solidly built, dependable, and comfortable, even for a family of six!

Favorite Features

The television and sunroof are my favorite "toys", and I love having doors on both sides in back. I like the way it rides slightly high, but not too much that it feels top-heavy. It's roomy, but not too large to maneuver in traffic and parking lots.

Suggested Improvements

The seats could be easier to remove, or fold down into floor, but you can buy a newer model if that's important.