1999 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Awesome for a mini-van
By Bill on 08/07/07 07:33 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

The best, most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, and that's saying something. Bought it brand new in '99 and I've never had a single problem with it, even with the miles at over 170,000. Even though my kids are driving themselves now I still get plenty of use out of the van and it's one of the most comfortable cars I've ever driven. Based on this I'd buy another Nissan in a heartbeat.

Luxury Features - Fits in MY Garage
By Steve Conslaw on 07/20/05 16:22 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

I bought my 99 Quest GLE used in 2002. It was significantly cheaper than comparable used Hondas, Toyotas & Dodges. On the other hand, it had more luxury features. More to the point, it fits in MY Garage. It's about 6 inches shorter than current Odysseys & Siennas & Grand Caravans. That means I can squeeze it in the garage behind the lawnmower and bicycles. It still has three usable rows of seats. Great on vacations. The 1999 model had a TV/VCR standard - the kids love it. Surprisingly, the TV reception isn't bad. I had a 1998 Mercury Villager. The 1999 model is much better with side doors on both sides,6 extra inches of room, and the 15 horsepower boost makes performance just fine.

Love my van!
By hot minivan momma on 03/15/05 23:34 PM (PST)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

My van is the GLE...all the bells and whistles, plus the sunroof. I love that this van drives like a car. We drove some other vans and all drove like trucks. Handling is great. We do reg. maintenance and have had very few problems. Now at 120k mi. We just had a new radiator put in; must also replace cv boots soon and the struts. This is normal at this mileage. Wonderful car with family. Kids love the t.v. I can leave back seat pushed up against middle row most of the time and then push it right back when I have extra passengers. Car has lots of vroom vroom.

Mom , Pa & Children's Minivan
By Fraedna on 12/01/04 06:41 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

My 1999 Nissan Quest has good power, decent fuel economy, great interior and comfort (with a great leather quality), and lots of neat features. My kids love the video system. I have not experienced any major problems. I just hit 40,000 miles and my Questr still rides like a sedan. I also own a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder and provides the same performance and quality. I plan on purchasing a Nissan as my next vehicle as well.

I love my van!
By cherylmills on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

I balked at the idea of becoming a "minivan mom", but I love my van! The kids can watch a movie during long trips, and there's plenty of space to keep them out of arm's reach of one another. I bought it used at a very good price, which made me wonder what was wrong with it, but over a year later and all I've had to do is fill it with gas and change the oil. Very solidly built, dependable, and comfortable, even for a family of six!

almost perfect
By value shopper on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

Great van, GLE package a must, The only thing I would like, is more HP , I found that with the 5 of us it took some time getting up to a good speed when getting on the Interstate. If they could produce a 200+ HP van , I would be a Quest customer for life.

the undiscovered van.
By van man on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

this van is an extremely quiet even at cruising highway speeds with a fairly decent mileage. i have also got used to the leather seats etc.

Pretty Good....I guess
By #1 mom on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

With only 30,000 miles on it, I've had too many problems. One day all the electrical items went out. We couldn't roll up the windows, move the seats or do anything electrical. We could just drive the car. Fron driver wheel squeeks when we turn. On the positive side, it's interior is the roomiest on the market. We looked at the Honda Odyssey, the Toyota Sienna and the Mazda van(Can't remember the name) and the Quest was much larger inside. I've had no engine problems yet (knock on wood) and the abundance of extra's is nice. Overall it's a good product, I just think we got a lemon as far as the electrical is concerned.