1999 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Awesome for a mini-van
By Bill on 08/07/07 07:33 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

The best, most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, and that's saying something. Bought it brand new in '99 and I've never had a single problem with it, even with the miles at over 170,000. Even though my kids are driving themselves now I still get plenty of use out of the van and it's one of the most comfortable cars I've ever driven. Based on this I'd buy another Nissan in a heartbeat.

Trouble Free
By Happy Owner on 06/15/07 10:28 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 4dr Minivan

Never had any problems with this van. Had Ford, Chevy and Dodge vans and this is by far superior in low maintenance costs. I have only had to do brakes, tires, oil changes and 30,000, 60,000 and 90,000 maintenance. Great for family vacations and shopping trips. Several trips to the hardware store and it will hold up to ten foot long boards and lots of bags of concrete, bark and potting soil. Drives and handles great. I also have a Frontier and am very impressed with Nissan reliability and dependability. Even with over 100,000 miles still feel comfortable with taking it on trips.

Very Good Van W/few problems
By Quest owner on 02/26/06 07:36 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

This has been a very good van for our family for the past seven years. It has been very reliable and a pleasure to drive. The fuel injection system does require cleaning every 30K miles or the pedal will "stick". The interior features have much to be desired, the cupholders, TV/VCR,and seat handles, side vent window latches, are not of good quality. The display of the radio has faded out for a couple of years now, the radio still works however. We are beginning to experience some electrical problems with the power vent windows, turn signal, and window/door lock controls. Overall we have been very pleased with the van and with 84K miles some repairs are to be expected.

Not Great, But Definitely Good
By NissanFan on 09/13/05 15:58 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

We purchased this van with 45k mi on it and have added another 60k w/o a major problem. I change the oil every 5k, and that's about it for service. Brake, shock, and tire wear have all been minimal. It starts and runs well in all weather, with one exception of a moderate lag at idle speed when the A/C compressor turns on. MPG is fair, usually 20-22. Seats are firm and comfortable. Driving position/feel is more carlike than other minivans. A little rust is beginning to show at the bottom of the sliding door panels, but the rest of the paint is good. One annoyance is that the latch on the passenger side sliding door window will not stay screwed in, but I would still buy this van again.

Luxury Features - Fits in MY Garage
By Steve Conslaw on 07/20/05 16:22 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

I bought my 99 Quest GLE used in 2002. It was significantly cheaper than comparable used Hondas, Toyotas & Dodges. On the other hand, it had more luxury features. More to the point, it fits in MY Garage. It's about 6 inches shorter than current Odysseys & Siennas & Grand Caravans. That means I can squeeze it in the garage behind the lawnmower and bicycles. It still has three usable rows of seats. Great on vacations. The 1999 model had a TV/VCR standard - the kids love it. Surprisingly, the TV reception isn't bad. I had a 1998 Mercury Villager. The 1999 model is much better with side doors on both sides,6 extra inches of room, and the 15 horsepower boost makes performance just fine.

Love my van!
By hot minivan momma on 03/15/05 23:34 PM (PST)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

My van is the GLE...all the bells and whistles, plus the sunroof. I love that this van drives like a car. We drove some other vans and all drove like trucks. Handling is great. We do reg. maintenance and have had very few problems. Now at 120k mi. We just had a new radiator put in; must also replace cv boots soon and the struts. This is normal at this mileage. Wonderful car with family. Kids love the t.v. I can leave back seat pushed up against middle row most of the time and then push it right back when I have extra passengers. Car has lots of vroom vroom.

Nissan Quest lover
By raaaaaaay on 01/05/05 00:06 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

My Nissan Quest has great styling and good power. I have never been stranded. It is a good value. This is my second Quest, I had a 1997 model before. I traded it in for a 2001 Mazda MPV. I drove the MPV for two months then put it up for sale. I couldn't stand all the quirks and how small it was. I then went out and bought my 1999 Quest. I can't wait to to trade up to even newer Quest. It has awesome styling and is very reliable.

Mom , Pa & Children's Minivan
By Fraedna on 12/01/04 06:41 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

My 1999 Nissan Quest has good power, decent fuel economy, great interior and comfort (with a great leather quality), and lots of neat features. My kids love the video system. I have not experienced any major problems. I just hit 40,000 miles and my Questr still rides like a sedan. I also own a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder and provides the same performance and quality. I plan on purchasing a Nissan as my next vehicle as well.

I love my van!
By cherylmills on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan GLE 4dr Minivan

I balked at the idea of becoming a "minivan mom", but I love my van! The kids can watch a movie during long trips, and there's plenty of space to keep them out of arm's reach of one another. I bought it used at a very good price, which made me wonder what was wrong with it, but over a year later and all I've had to do is fill it with gas and change the oil. Very solidly built, dependable, and comfortable, even for a family of six!

This one sucks
By Kevlev on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Engine is real bad. It sounds like an overworked mule. Dealership service could never fix it. Jerky action when applying gas. Engine bogs down and is a gas hog.