1999 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Very Good Van W/few problems
By Quest owner on 02/26/06 07:36 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

This has been a very good van for our family for the past seven years. It has been very reliable and a pleasure to drive. The fuel injection system does require cleaning every 30K miles or the pedal will "stick". The interior features have much to be desired, the cupholders, TV/VCR,and seat handles, side vent window latches, are not of good quality. The display of the radio has faded out for a couple of years now, the radio still works however. We are beginning to experience some electrical problems with the power vent windows, turn signal, and window/door lock controls. Overall we have been very pleased with the van and with 84K miles some repairs are to be expected.

Not Great, But Definitely Good
By NissanFan on 09/13/05 15:58 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

We purchased this van with 45k mi on it and have added another 60k w/o a major problem. I change the oil every 5k, and that's about it for service. Brake, shock, and tire wear have all been minimal. It starts and runs well in all weather, with one exception of a moderate lag at idle speed when the A/C compressor turns on. MPG is fair, usually 20-22. Seats are firm and comfortable. Driving position/feel is more carlike than other minivans. A little rust is beginning to show at the bottom of the sliding door panels, but the rest of the paint is good. One annoyance is that the latch on the passenger side sliding door window will not stay screwed in, but I would still buy this van again.

Nissan Quest lover
By raaaaaaay on 01/05/05 00:06 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

My Nissan Quest has great styling and good power. I have never been stranded. It is a good value. This is my second Quest, I had a 1997 model before. I traded it in for a 2001 Mazda MPV. I drove the MPV for two months then put it up for sale. I couldn't stand all the quirks and how small it was. I then went out and bought my 1999 Quest. I can't wait to to trade up to even newer Quest. It has awesome styling and is very reliable.

This one sucks
By Kevlev on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

Engine is real bad. It sounds like an overworked mule. Dealership service could never fix it. Jerky action when applying gas. Engine bogs down and is a gas hog.

Nice Van
By #1 Dad on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

I like the Quest we've had a few minor gliches when we first purchased it used. The TV/VCR can be a bit troublesome at times. The break pedal sometimes sounds like you are stepping on a mouse.(I've already had this looked at and well the mouse came back again) Overall though this has been a good van for our family of five.

Satisfied Customer and Repeat buyer
By Mary on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

My experience was good. The van was very comfortable and reliable. Also, the 99 SE Quest was a first year model, so it was fun being one of the first out on the road. The problems I experienced were not out of the norm for a first year model and Nissan dealers were very good about resolving any issues I had. As a matter a fact, I just turned in my 99 SE Quest lease (Convenience & Leather package) for another one. I'm now leasing a 2002 SE Quest lease (Comfort/Convience, Auto Diming mirror and Protection Package. I'll be back to report on that one too.

It's Ok, better than american made
By Stones on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

My wife loves this mini-van. It is Kid friendly with TV/VCR. Excellent for long trips, but only if you are carrying a few things. Handles well, but not in hills. If you are taller than 5'7" you are likely to have problems getting your feet stretched in the driver seat.

British Columbia Driving
By prenp on 03/18/02 13:06 PM (PST)

1999 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

Overall nice vehicle to drive &own. town mileage kinda sucks w/ stop and go, highway mileage is good. I can get 900 kms on 1 tank ( filled to the brim!). Don't like the low! front air scoop for AC rad, it seems to collect road sand and 'gravel' in the winter and thus subject to damage IE: bent colling fins. All styles should have a rear spoiler to mitigate the rear window 'vaccum' debris and grime which sticks to it. I seem to lose the rear wiper frequently also, can't figure out the cause? Kids like it, gives lots of room inside.