Used 1999 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Most Helpful|
Not Great, But Definitely Good
By NissanFan

1999 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

We purchased this van with 45k mi on it and have added another 60k w/o a major problem. I change the oil every 5k, and that's about it for service. Brake, shock, and tire wear have all been minimal. It starts and runs well in all weather, with one exception of a moderate lag at idle speed when the A/C compressor turns on. MPG is fair, usually 20-22. Seats are firm and comfortable. Driving position/feel is more carlike than other minivans. A little rust is beginning to show at the bottom of the sliding door panels, but the rest of the paint is good. One annoyance is that the latch on the passenger side sliding door window will not stay screwed in, but I would still buy this van again.

Favorite Features

Reliability; firm, comfortable seats; steering wheel-mounted audio controls; side-turning headlights.

Suggested Improvements

At 5'11", I always hit my head on the open trunklid. A few extra inches of vertical travel would be nice. Quality of cupholders, sunglass holder, etc. is not good. Interior fit/finish is below the quality of Sentras and Maximas I have owned.

This one sucks
By Kevlev

1999 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

Engine is real bad. It sounds like an overworked mule. Dealership service could never fix it. Jerky action when applying gas. Engine bogs down and is a gas hog.

Better Van Needed
By Godzilla

1999 Nissan Quest GXE 4dr Minivan

Nissan needs to upgrade their minivan. All other vehicles are excellent except for the this van. I've owned all sorts of Nissan cars and this one is the most disapointing.

Favorite Features

The captains chairs are confortable.

Suggested Improvements

Electrical system needs to improve.

Pretty Good....I guess
By #1 mom

1999 Nissan Quest GLE 4dr Minivan

With only 30,000 miles on it, I've had too many problems. One day all the electrical items went out. We couldn't roll up the windows, move the seats or do anything electrical. We could just drive the car. Fron driver wheel squeeks when we turn. On the positive side, it's interior is the roomiest on the market. We looked at the Honda Odyssey, the Toyota Sienna and the Mazda van(Can't remember the name) and the Quest was much larger inside. I've had no engine problems yet (knock on wood) and the abundance of extra's is nice. Overall it's a good product, I just think we got a lemon as far as the electrical is concerned.

Favorite Features

abundance of cup holders, radio control on steering wheel and in back, AC in back, tv/vcr, one button personalized seat setting memory

Suggested Improvements

change funky looking bumper, make the middle windows roll down for more ventilation

Nissan Quest lover
By raaaaaaay

1999 Nissan Quest SE 4dr Minivan

My Nissan Quest has great styling and good power. I have never been stranded. It is a good value. This is my second Quest, I had a 1997 model before. I traded it in for a 2001 Mazda MPV. I drove the MPV for two months then put it up for sale. I couldn't stand all the quirks and how small it was. I then went out and bought my 1999 Quest. I can't wait to to trade up to even newer Quest. It has awesome styling and is very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

The van needs tougher body panels, they dent too easy, tougher interior controls, and more compartments inside