Used 1998 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

1998 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Served me Well
By saabsrule

1998 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

I bought this van kind of for fun because my old car died on me before senior year of high school. This van was wonderful. Perfect for filling with friends or camping gear, and the car was reliable as the sunrise. I also loved the gas mileage. I drive agressively, and averaged about 21-22 mpg. Thats not bad. The engine however was very underpowered. Only 151 hp and the car was very heavy. It has a very functional interior and the third row seats can slide to any position in the car which is conveneient. The van did develop a cylinder misfire before I sold it. This is the only knock I have about it. Also, it doesn't have traction control or abs. Overall it drove like a car and did its job.

Favorite Features

Power rear windows, adjustable seat configuration inside,

Suggested Improvements

Front cupholders are useless, low on power, no abs, no traction control

Starting trouble & more
By guscan

1998 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

Just passed 200,000 km but the troubles started before this. Had the timing belt replaced as per schedule, brakes redone, transmission would hang up & not shift, overhaul trans tie rod ends replaced, one fell apart on the street. Ball joints both replaced & the rh one again. Now the real trouble began. It has developed a no start problem. Battery is good, replaced starter. System is absolutely dead when it won't start always after being driven for a time. Let it sit for an hour or so & it starts again. Will be good for a few days even weeks & then it does it again. We have been stranded so many times it is getting annoying to say the least. And no shop can tell us what's wrong.

A Work Horse
By Mr. PC

1998 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

We bought this vehicle for $5000 it had only 104,000 miles we have driven it for around 55,000 and still working smoothly. Great for large families, average MPG, My wife very much. Our kids enjoy it. I change the oil frequently, we only have to replace the timing belt on a trip to Mexico, parts and labor only 150 USD, extremely inexpensive.

Favorite Features

Captain seat, removable middle seat and sliding/folding back seat.

Suggested Improvements

None

Has been pretty good
By Aaron

1998 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

It has been a reliable car for the most part. A little noisy on the highway but pretty good.

Favorite Features

6 disc cd, sunroof, captain chairs in back seat

Suggested Improvements

Driverside power window acts up.. Power locks work when they want to.

5 yrs in Canada and 130 000 miles
By leyanis

1998 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

After 5 winters and driven by my wife the whole time this car has been a dissapointment. All the suspension is gone, the corrosion everywhere but mostly around the doors and roof line. The electrical harnesses around the engine compartment ie headlight system had to be changed.

Favorite Features

The engine will start in any whether.

Suggested Improvements

Too expensive when new this car did not pass our 3 young boys test and 5 winters.