Used 1997 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

1997 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

The longer the better
By Steve Lin

1997 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

When this car just passed standard 3 years warranty, the a/c board goes out. But after that, this car engine has been so reliable and just change oil and pump gas. The other minor defect is the antenna went out twice on me. I put $450.00 Navigation System and no more upgrade needed.

Favorite Features

Captain chairs and space. My kids love this van so much and hard for me to upgrade the next one.

Suggested Improvements

too little engine horse power and fuel was 17 mile for city which is so so.

Great Vehicle
By Hoosierfan01

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

We've driven this van for the last 4 years and have been well pleased with its performance. The engine is rock- solid, requiring very few repairs despite the 153,000 miles on it. We drove it from Indiana to Florida three times without incident. The three vs. four doors became more of an issue once we had a fourth child, but before then it was not bad. The one downside is lack of storage space - tough to go on a trip without using the roof rack.

142,000 and going strong
By GatorT

1997 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

This has been an excellent ride. I dislike the thought of giving it up - I may just wait until it is a decade old! Car has been extremely reliable. Small amount of regular maintenance has kept it very road worth. Recent strut replacement gives it back original smooth ride. Had trouble early on with door locks that seemed to have a mind of their own. Also, seat belts quit retracting early in the relationship. "Sarah" has been through much and still retains most of that "grilish" look. Happy the new model has second door. With kids getting older probably won't go for another van but definitely Nissan is a qulity producer of cars.

Favorite Features

Styling and ride very smooth and enjoyable. Has retained value despite high mielage. Leather, CD player have made ride comfortable. Removal of back seats has made it great for cargo and campouts. Sleeps three easily.

Suggested Improvements

Offer in a hybrid, seatbelts need attention along with locking system.

Quest
By Klaus

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

My Quest has had some problems since I bought it. I have had to replace the flex pipe as it was rusted for $360 at Speedy Muffler. This quieted the exhaust substantially. The transmission used to bump abruptly into second gear but since I changed the tranny fluid and filter the smoothness has improved substantially. Air bag light came on one day but local Nissan dealer cleared the codes for free. They said it may have been caused by a low battery. These are great guys at Doner Nissan in Newmarket,Ontario.

Favorite Features

Power accessories. Kids like rear radio controls. Both rows of seats fold down quickly with little hassle.

Suggested Improvements

The newer models added a forth door which is desirable.

A reqal baby -- our '97 Quest
By Roger Jerrell

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

This little mini-van has been the best car I have ever owned. She rides well, handles well, and just keeps on going. With nearly 300,000 miles and nothing but oil chanes and plug wires, it has worked perfectly. We jsut drove it this month( July 02- 15, 2005 ) from south Florida to Seattle Washington via the South Dakota Balands, Yellowstone National Park, The Grand Teton mounain range, the Rockies and it never missed a beat. 25 miles on the highway and 22 around town. I hope your car can compare with this little gem. Roger J. Fort Myers, Florida

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

4 doors