1997 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
3 yr old quest- threw rod- bad transmiss
By pam bryan on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

3 yr old late model 1997 nissan quest threw rod through motor at 80000mi- same motor in Mercury Villager throwing rods was recalled.Nissan said too bad- Had transmission overheat, noise, low power on hills, brakes reground, rotors replaced sounded like you were dragging concrete blocks behind you- drove great first 2 yrs- then started falling apart- bought at $18,500 then salvage sale $3000 in 1/2001 through trade in- Toyota dealership shook their heads at it :(

I love my Nissan Quest!
By Elena on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

This is a fantastci vehicle- fun and easy to drive, comfy, sporty yet functional. I have had this van for 6 years and have only had to complete maintenance work on it. I have a very busy family like, used to commute 50+ daily to work, and this van took it like a champ!

A van that rides like a car!
By T.W. on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

We were reluctant to trade our Outback for a van. It's that "I drive a mini van now I'm old" thing. After driving every available make there is, the Nissan won our hearts. Rides like a car, fits in the garage, still fits 4 kids with 2 adults. The only thing I would have done differently is buy a newer one to get the 2nd sliding door.

Good family mini-van
By Horhe on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

Bought it used with 20K miles on it. Now has 70K miles and still running very well. Very reliable, not major mechanical problems. Good quality overall. My kids like it. Very comfortable and fun to drive. Engine not very powerful, though. A/C and Power windows still working well. Only one quality issue: After 65K miles sliding door unlocks easily when driving in highway. Dealer had to replace all door's hardware to fix it. We will stay with NISSAN for new van this year but I need one of the latest models with the extra sliding door.

Van Vagabond
By Traveling Man on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

Bought 1st 97 Nissan Quest used in Jul 99 with 49,000 miles; Have logged 78,000 additional for total of 127,000 miles with only routine maintenance; Bought 2nd 97 Nissan Quest used in Jan 2003 with 44,000 miles; Expect this one to be a good as the last.. Drove all 2003 models and for the value could not find any better for my needs... Keep on making them Nissan'sssssss

Nissan part of car good, Ford part so-so
By JapOnlyOwner on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

Never had a drive train problem with this car and I was not fanatical about changing the oil, etc. Not enough horsepower (170). Very comfy ride and handled well. CD changer stopped working. A/C died after 74k miles. Electric seats painfully slow. Very comfy though. Never towed anything with it. Never thought it had enough power for that. Excessive wind noise on highway. Seatbelts didn't work well, wouldn't retract fully (just like Aerostar). Just got a Toy Sequoia. What a difference! Much quieter. Pricey though.